Elite Hotels Employee Reviews

Ashdown Park
Reservations Agent (Former Employee) –  Forest Row, East Sussex6 November 2018
Ashdown Park was a good place to work. A lot of support was given to me, and I was extremely sad to leave
The management are approachable, and honestly the atmosphere is great. You can certainly have a laugh.
There was always plenty of training, as well as free lunch and dinner!
Another bonus I found was free parking - not what you get when working in a town.
Pros
Great culture (lifelong friends made!)
Cons
Sometimes long hours - but it is hospitality!
P&D Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hook28 September 2018
Beautiful building and grounds.
Tylney has a great team that support you and you enjoy working alongside.
I’ve received great training provided by Tylney Hall from my first day and continued throughout my time here.
This is a fast pace environment so you have to be a motivated and pro active person to work here.
They offer free parking and food while on shift.
Discount stay at all hotels.
I have a great manager that i work alongside who i have gained a huge amount of knowledge from.
I am looking forward to progressing in my career and gaining skills and qualifications while I am at Tylney Hall.
Pros
Progression in Career and Discount stay at the hotels
Very up and down
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Luton, Bedfordshire11 May 2018
I worked at Luton Hoo for 2 years, the people you meet there are amazing. Such a friendly atmosphere within the staff. However, the managment is just not up to standard. Very rude to staff, not motivated at all, they only care about their paycheck. They really do not care about their staff. An old colleague of mine had to leave the job after they refused to renew his live in contract, leaving him completley homeless at 18 years old. The reason provided was that new starters needed the room. The room is still yet to be filled 3 and a half months later. The attutide of the HR department is vile, especailly the manager. The hours of work was fine, 8 and a half hour shifts were normal but the stress from the job really wasnt worth the low wage we got paid.
Pros
Amazing people
Cons
Lazy, unmotivated, selfish rude senior management
Nice people
Group Director of Procurement & Projects (Current Employee) –  Elite Hotels14 November 2018
I have re-joined Elite Hotels twice now and worked in many different roles with the company over fifteen years. Fundamentally, the reason I have returned is because of the people. If you are humble, modest, caring and considerate, your commitment and loyalty will be rewarded.
Useless management
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Luton hoo1 July 2018
I worked at Luton hoo for 2 years, the hotel itself is wonderful, however the running of the hotel in all departments is at best, horrendous. Everything promised on the job, you will never receive. The staff lunches are great if you want time of work sick.
All I can say is the hotel is going downhill fast, it’s ran by clueless, rude, big headed Morons.
Pros
Nice buildings and grounds
Cons
Everything else
Seriously bad attutude of management
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hook, Hampshire16 March 2018
Was treated like a piece of dirt. Working my shift, felt really ill on very shift, supervisor didn't care. Walked out because of attitude as needed to see GP. Tried to return, Personnel and Deputy GM refused. Also Orchard House is a health hazard.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Everything else
challanging work place
Waitress/bar lounge (Current Employee) –  luton31 July 2013
A typical day would include opening the lounge in the morning. putting the cash in the till, setting up for morning coffee and afternoon tea. Managing a section throughout the day .Making sure guests needs are met to a high standard. Making and serving drinks including cocktails. restocking the bar. Liaising with other departments to manage space and equipment. Cashing up at the end of the night if on a late shift, if on room service restocking and checking ,mini bars. Making sure all requisitions are done for the next day.

While working here I have learnt good customer skills, I have improved my management skills, including how to manage time, people, duties and responsibilities. I have learned the value of good public relations and how to better to sell the service and products of my company.

I feel i get along with all my colleagues very well both in and out of work. I believe these relationships is what makes us such as strong team and enables us to function well under stressful situations.

The hardest part of my job is the challenges that arise from customers needs.

The most enjoyable part of my job is working face to face with customers and being able to successfully manage team members and bring about and enjoyable experience for the customers and a enjoyable working environment.
Pros
Culture.People you meet. History of the house