Elite Hotels
Here to help
Coronavirus update

Elite Hotels Employee Reviews

United Kingdom92 reviews
Very slow paced work environment. I was bullied by one of the other staff members which was very upsetting for me to have to go to work knowing I’d come home upset everyday. Apart from that one person, everyone was really nice and welcoming, I just had a bad experience
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Bad pay
This hotel is shocking the staff in the kitchen staff are avid drug users and they don't understand hygiene! the maintenance manager was amazing and the team however the rest of the hotel had it in for them as they seem to think maintenance wages where amazing but let me tell you there not,the hotel manager is driving the place into the ground, they do not value there staff full stop
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Working there
When I started there seemed to be a lot of conflict between all of the teams and no one took responsibility for anything. The job itself was advertised as something quite different and there wasn't a lot of support to get things right, it seemed as though management were always waiting to catch you out. They seemed very behind the times and work life balance was jaded by having to be earned rather than a given
Pros
Meals onsite
Cons
Staff upset and difficulties
Well organised shifts but long hours and pay was poor. It made me a more confident person and enjoyed interacting with members of the public. I loved helping at weddings
Pros
free dinner
Cons
Valoración positiva en general.
Buen ambuente de trabajo pero muchas veces estresante. Hacia muchas veces turnos seguidis, sin apenas descanso.

Muy buenas,amistades con mis clmpañeros.
Whatever the department you are in you are one big supportive family.There are some opportunities for advancement and training courses. Good for work experience too.
just dont even take a job here.
- rude management

- dont care about your well being

- a lot of bitterness

- poor and unhygienic work environment

if you must work here dont take on a full time role - stay as a casual
Amazing place must go and see food and service followed by great location and fantastic dining experience setting in the beautiful countryside of Hampshire
Good front of house team and work together well, develop any basic skills to a high standard and understanding a higher level of customer service, can be stressful but have lots of seniors to help
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Elite Hotels?
Good management, fun work place environment.
Happy staff. flexible with hours and food included when you are on shift. Everyone professional and welcoming.
I had a very good time working here the team was very friendly and the customers tipped occasionally. I made new friends and my line manager was a very funny guy.
Pros
Free food
Cons
little pay
1. Stunning grounds that the ground keeps keep in good condition, and the building is stunning from the outside! Inside is very dated and needs a lot of work.

2. Working there, you are not appreciated at all you just a number, you are very looked down on, most of the management think there royalty, most are only nice to you when they want something from you ! When you go the extra mile you get nothing back in return.

3. HR (personnel) if your getting bullied or harassed they do nothing about, it just gets brushed aside and you have no choice but to leave ( like i had to)

4. There is a man in charge, who everyone is ment to be scared off, i really think this is pathetic the way he treats everyone in the whole company is unprofessional.

5. I did enjoy working with my team.
Pros
Grounds
Cons
Management, Hr, Environment.
This place is beyond words. Not one manager cares for employees under them, they allow for assistant manager to harass their staff and turn a blind eye. Supervisors stealing tips from staff who earn £5 an hour and are only allow to work for 8 hours a week.
The waitressing staff here are treated like dogs, you will expected to know everything with no training and then when you’d it know something you will be punished for it it.

Run while you still can
My experience here at Tylney is an eye opener, working within an area I already had experience in. The estate is stunning and the staff are friendly. Would always welcome opportunity to advance within the department which is important - keep investing in the people as this is key.
Pros
Enjoyable environment
Cons
Salary's at times
25 February 2020
Thank you so much for your feedback. We hope you continue to enjoy your time with us!
I was from the beginning guided to learn everything about cooking, safe working and taking care of quality of service. I suppose I become more self confident and more mature.
25 February 2020
Thank you very much for your positive feedback. We hope to help you develop and hone your skills!
This is also a fun place to work, amazing to climb the ranks and get to know one another. Excellent is always thrived on so you have to be on your A-game in order to get the job
25 February 2020
Thank you for you feedback. Glad you had such a positive experience with us!
More like a family, when busy everyone works towards the one goal of making sure our guest have a fantastic time. Work can be hard at times due to guest request but when guest leave and say they had a great time it makes you feel proud to be apart of the team. the company spends a lot of money on the historic buildings and grounds to keep them in good order and take their environmental responsibilities very seriously. The company has given many employees a great start in the hospitality industry. Also have a great training and development program.
Pros
Free Lunch, Free Parking, Great Locations
Cons
Can be long hours
25 February 2020
Thank you so much for your oisitive feedback, and you contribution to the company's success
I am surrounded by talented colleagues and management, who are always willing to give advice when needed. Treatments are varied to make the job more interesting and you get a decent turnaround time in between them. The Spa is currently having a refurb to make it more modern. This means lovely new treatment rooms for us and improved facilities. Overall, a brilliant place to work!
25 February 2020
Thank you for such postive comments. So glad to receive this feedback and look forward to seeing the new treatment rooms!
alright, everything was fine except the management during that time. now is a new and improved one but hoping to see better in the future. I loved the place was looking amazing
25 February 2020
Thank you very much for your feedback - it is appreciated. We are glad you could also see positive changes
Enjoyed working at elite hotel and the team and management were very helpful and everything about elite hotel from all the staff whether it was the bar , spa or canteen staff , all kind and helpful people and I would want to work there again if a job opportunity is available.
25 February 2020
Thank you for your feedback. Please do keep in touch so that we can let you know about new opportunities!
A bad and unorganised team with many requirements which sometimes where unappreciated.
Fast paced environment with harder work for some employees and less for employees that are closer to the the managers.

Bag management and behaviour during the work time, also unfair to employees.

Many times employees are asked to do work for more than is needed or more that they can do because of the lack of staff.todowork