ELIS Employee Reviews

It was very busy almost every day. I had to deal with a lot of phone calls, emails. At the same time solve problems by contacting with production and transport departments. However it was great experience , I learned a lot.Manager was helpful.
Pros
good team, free drinks
Cons
stressful job (so many things have to do at the same time)
don't seem to care about customer or staff only on performance on paper making most drivers do 50 hrs a week.shocking place to work .they will discard anybody that disagree with bad management decisions
Pros
Managers and supervisors couldn't run a bath, no breaks, so expect to work 13 hours a day straight. Far to many drops for a person its absolutely ridiculous avoid this place at all costs.
Pros
Cons
Stupidly long hours
Good company to work for enjoyed my time there maybe could listen to experienced staff more but would work for them again would recommend company !!
Pros
Good people
Cons
Everyday it’s a challenge but it’s a very nice place to work with very nice people, a place if you want to grow you will grow the management teamIt’s there to help you with everything
Managed very poorly problem in every department haven’t got a decent thing to say about elis drivers having to go in high care and load the own cages all laundry on the floor the place is over run with mice
Pros
Poor sweat shop
Cons
A mess
work load is constantly changing and you are demanded to do other peoples work. the transport supervisors are possibly the most un-qualified people I have ever met, monkeys can do a better job. disciplinary's are given out like sweets for any reason such as taking breaks. then changing it at the meeting to been un-productive. they make changes to your contract without consent such as all breaks unpaid and job and finish removed without notice or appeal. and if you stand up for yourself they will finish you on the spot saying your been aggressive. GM does not care about his staff and there health as he is more interested that the work is done and the numbers match. this company in the past 2 years has became one of the worst company's I have ever seen in my working life. and yes this review is me this time
Pros
finishing work every day
Cons
working hours, work load, management, start times - finish times, poor pay for work expected
They are very good at making themselves look good at the beginning but after a few weeks management quickly show their true colours. Avoid this mob like the p!ague.
Pros
Cons
Too many
I started working at Elis three years ago. Good place, sometimes is too hot because of Machines and steam. Hours in summer are good However in winter they are cutting hours almost in half.
Pros
Free ppe, management is good, weekly payment
Cons
Hours cut, change of schedule
Treated unfairly, working on miminal manpower doing the job of 3 people, Working with damaged cages to transport linen, thats if you can find one. Get put on one job then swapped round at no notice with little to no training, expecting you to keep up with the quota. You never know from day to day how many hours you will work. You can turn up for work and only end up doing 3 hours work that day and only get paid for those hours. No body listen or care.
Pros
Getting a break and going home.
Cons
Never know how many hours you will get paid for that day.
Was a great company to work for at the beginning 8mths... Then a change of transport manager and company taken over and it was dire... Got very clicky and if your face didn't fit you was bullied out. Took another colleague to frame me to finally get me out of the door!
Pros
20p for a coffee is fair price.
Cons
Stressful place to be and management is a joke at all levels.
I am really happy to work with Elis! Each and every person of the company are really supportive. Work environment is good and I have lots of learning and training from the company :) Its production, fast paced environment, so i believe not for everyone.
Pros
Work colleague
poor - always getting rid of staff - head office always changing things for no reason - transport a joke - drivers hated it - customers hated it and always complained
Pros
bribed you with lunch a lot
Cons
always getting rid of staff
I enjoyed working at Elis but unfortunately staff have been laid off due to the current crisis. My experience with the company was great from start to finish, and in my short time there I felt respected and I learnt a lot.
I really enjoyed my time and the people I worked with. It was only a temporary position but I am hoping something more permanent will come up. The pace was fast but everybody worked well together.
Very long working hours Very rude management, especially "middle-management" who think they know it all, but actually have never driven a lorry or worked in a customer service environment before. Poor pay with forced overtime at basic rate Not valued as a person
Decent place, hard work,friendly Early hours Dirty work Repeat runs so get used to it Sat nav provided Average pay only 10.0 per hour Ok for new passes
Just horrible place to work, management are rude and aggressive and a there's a real blame culture and no flexibility with hours to help with personal commitments. Job was easy but the place is cold, drafts and I'm really surprised they haven't been shut down due to the work environment-bodged staircases, leaks above electric equipment, when puddles form on the floor they think putting a mat over it is sufficient!
Pros
Nice collegues
Cons
Be prepared to be sacked for no reason or one mistake in your training period
Total utter joke of a place !! Management from the bottom all the way to the top are totally useless ! Think they no everything but don’t, power straight to their heads and haven’t got the balls to be straight with you.
Cons
Awful place to work for. The new management team sack members of staff regularly. They ignore you, don’t even say morning. No motivation for the factory staff.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Be prepared to be sacked for 1 mistake.
Management are dreadful. Felt more like being in prison. Had only a 10min break and had to get to 1 side of the factory to the canteen, go to the toilet and all within that 10mins. Absolutely dreadful.
Pros
Met some great lifelong friends there! About 40 of us all left in the same week to work elsewhere.
Cons
Just dreadful!!