Play YouTube video button
Elior

Elior Employee Reviews

United Kingdom389 reviews
Busy
Fastpaced and ever changing environment, tight deadlines to be met over month end.. Friendly and informal culture. Good benefits, flexible hours and sports and social events.
Vile
Worst company I have ever worked for, management have not got a clue how to treat people.
Higher management need to take a look at what goes on, wake up and smell the coffee, instead of sitting on their backsides, wake up call is required urgently.
Horrendous
Management will treat you like you don't matter, your not important they use you and really don't care, I was a chef manager and they expected me too treat my staff the same and I couldn't, there's no training on things you need too know, this company is indeed big budget job fudging their way thru.
Stay away from this company
Elior management are not nice people bullying people dropping wage rate when they feel like doing never pay wages properly never pay you correctly for hours you do fiddle with time sheets my advice stay away from this company
Fantastic company
Support all employees no matter what level. Take time to get to know every single member of staff. Great benefits and competitive salaries. Leading company that I ever worked for
Horrible
Don’t work there the management is poor and do not care about you they also set out ridiculous targets for you to try and achieve pay yo minimum wage and expect you to work a whole 10 carriage train in busy commute times if you fail to do this there is a chance you will get suspended
Pros
Free travel sometimes
Cons
Long hours, poor health and safety and misguided management also ridiculous sales targets
elior
pleasant friendly progressive company with warm friendly genuine approach to business

open door policy for all management

relaxed and flexible working environment
Pros
free lunch
Cons
expensive parking in town centre
Awful and clueless company
Had no choice working for Elior, they successfully won the bid on the contract where I worked.
Until then, the contract was Gather & Gather and they were a very decent outfit.

We were assured under TUPE that nothing would change. But it did.....virtually overnight!

Previously, the Rota for ALL staff was four days on then four days off, a total of 160 hours every calendar month, giving employees a proper work/life balance. Overtime was regularly available, usually covering the night shift to cover the night chefs four shifts off.

Elior decided that it would now be five days on and two days off. It was STILL 160 hours as before, BUT the last day you worked, it was to cover a night shift! Unfortunately, all legal!

The company was more focused on a sandwich facility as opposed to cooked food for the customer, this was brought up by the company now using the new contractor, but Elior was able to prove the service now provided WAS in keeping with the contract!

Gather & Gather paid me a reasonable £10.50 per hour. Eliot advertise the same chef position for £8.60.

I left 3 weeks after Elior took over, the Head Chef and Night Chef also left a month after me, as did the long serving catering assistants. Absolutely no consideration for staff who had been there for years!

I will always laugh at Eliors adverts, they really are clueless and in my opinion, unfit to trade in a catering environment. The managers had a bullying culture, (although I must say, not used on the seasoned chefs who left of their own accord) and quick to criticize catering assistants honest endeavours to make
 - more...
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Elior?
Poor management and training
Poor management, lack of training, left to get on with it. No support. No breaks when short staffed. Long hrs. No cover for holidays , made to work bank holidays as no cover, no staff willing to work so as a manager I had to do it because not allowed to close the business.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
No support
Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review.

It is disappointing to hear that your experience with Elior was not as we expect. Without knowing which site you worked at, it is hard for me to comment.

The Recruitment Team
Busy workplace
Busy work environment meant you was always doing some tasks to keep you occupied, good timekeeping is essential to the running of the day to ensure things are done in a prompt manner.
Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are pleased that you enjoyed working for Elior.

Tabitha
Do yourself a favour and dont get involved with elior
At elior you are treated unfairly, expected to work more hours than you are contracted but will not be paid for overtime. Management is a s*it show they treat their employees like slaves. Overall the employees are bullied to work like slaves and get nothing to show for it.
Stay away
Bad company work for,stay clear.wage rubbish for what you do.if you don't take all your holiday you loss them,which most company's I've worked for pay you.the expect you work Xmas n boxing new years eve and day for minimum wage,no bonus no nothing.thay treat employees like dirt
Worst company
I worked for taylor shaw and i would say it's the worst company ever to work for.Bosses always saying they help and always have time on there hands. All they are worried is earning money and making you work your butt off.
Hello,

It is disappointing to hear about your experience with Taylor Shaw, part of Elior UK. We value all of our current and former colleagues feedback.

We are focused on ensuring that our colleagues are treated fairly at all levels, and have a good work/life balance.

Tabitha
fun
I really enjoyed my time at Elior it was a relaxed atmosphere with friendly staff always good fun to work with. customers were great too. I always had a smile on my face.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
working 7 days at times
21 February 2020
Thank you for taking the time to write this review, we really appreciate your feedback.
good working ethos
A fantastic company to work for, The overall experience is good and the job is both fulfilling and exciting,

I different day every day, the upper management are excellent and very helpful in every way
21 February 2020
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We really appreciate hearing your feedback.
Stay away
Would never work for this company ever again and i would tell others to stay away. The company treated me badly and gave me so much stress that i was forced to leave.
Cons
Do not work in Byron Court in Chichester!
Elior as a catering company aren’t too bad, I never see management when I need to but other than that it’s ok. But do not work in Byron Court in Chichester! It is honestly the most toxic place I have ever worked. The estate manager bullies his staff to the point that they need to go to counselling. Everyday a few of the staff dread going to work, don’t let this be you too!
This is not a stress free environment, if anything, the opposite.
I would not recommend working for Elior. Management was always poor while I’ve worked there, work is never appreciated, staff is never appreciated, poor communication, not clear direction with what to do, a complete chaos. Management team always seemed to not knowing what they were doing. Professionalisms= 0.
Never again
I would never recommend Elior to anyone after my experience with this company was disgusting. If only the CEO OF the company just knew what is actually going on , I don’t think they would be at all happy
Normal
I was working under pressur but the problem was manager and chef because i was working more then 12 hours some days after they told mewe can,t pay u houre extra.
Absolutely disaster
Disaster. One of goodness is to travel with trains after 6 months for free. Trolley Dolley. Working on the board is not too bad but management pushing you to sell products without any awards. The trolley is absolutely heavy and uncontrollable. Coworkers not helpful. Paid with minimum rate.