Elior Employee Reviews

Avoid at all costs
Catering Assistant - Part Time (Former Employee) –  West Midlands8 November 2018
- no training, left to just get in with things. They moved me to another premises “ so my hours didn’t have to be cut” 2 weeks later they cut my hours anyway. Faulty equipment and even though you report it it never gets fixed. Not supplied with a uniform and then got a disciplinary for not wearing my uniform (figure that one out)
Had an ops manager turn up 1 day to ask for more voluntary hours to be cut but then I was told that if I didn’t agree to doing it voluntarily they would do it anyway and wanted my answer there and then. Not given chance to discuss with my family if we could afford my hours to be cut again.
Pros
Home time
Cons
Lone working, no training, dirty equipment, faulty equipment, management are a joke
Not a good place to work wouldn't recommend it
Night canteen assistant (Former Employee) –  North West28 October 2018
Worked here as night cook no support from manager or higher ,expected to do a days work in 4 hrs . No benefits but say there are . Would avoid this company
Pros
The people you cook for very pleasant
Cons
Stress
Very good work place
Hospitality hostess (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London18 October 2018
Elior is a very good place to start your work in catering.
Helpful and sympathetic people.
Hight quality of customer service.
Elior provides development courses.
Shockingly Bad Company
Manager (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London17 October 2018
I worked as a manager for Elior for a year and it was one of the worst years of my life. I was bullied and harassed by the client and they did nothing, finally removing me from the post because the client said they wouldn't have me there. No support till it was too late. Had to beg for essential training including food hygiene and H&S. This company are about £££. That's it. They will work you till you break and have nothing left to give anyone. Avoid them.
Pros
Holiday pay.
Cons
Zero support, then you get scapegoated.
Health and safety was a joke
Night crew (Former Employee) –  Wirral, Merseyside8 October 2018
I worked for elior at Tesco Wirral. I loved my job but was fighting a losing battle with staff and manager. I used to go in and be expected to heat up food that had been already heated up and sat out for the whole shift before me. Tesco managers used to tell me to go and do a shop and cook fresh food. Every night I used to scrub the place including all the mugs as they where disgusting. Customers where constantly complaining about the manager and day staff. In the end it wore me down and I got out. They are not a good company to work for and expect you to work long hours on your own. I done a 12hr shift with no break as I was on my own.
Pros
Cons
Bad management, long hours, health and safety issues
Stressfull
Kitchen assistant (Former Employee) –  Greater Manchester4 October 2018
Wouldn't know where to start putting it bluntly rubbish firm to work for long hours and expect everything done for day after low budget for food shops so can't get things staff want to buy
Pros
Going home
Cons
Expect everything done not enough hands
Really Enjoyed working for Elior
Catering Assistant - Full Time (Former Employee) –  London Borough of Islington, Greater London27 September 2018
Found the company the best out of all the catering companies I've worked for as they are supportive, its hard for the company as the clients can make it difficult and limited spend for Elior to work with. know its also made great if you have a great manager like I did. Catering can be hard work as poor hours but this is the demands of the business and clients needs, people forget that when they complain about the business.

I've learnt so much from the company, only left as I relocated and needed to job in a different part of the country and at the time Elior were not recruiting in the area.

Culture: if you are good at your job, reliable you can go far within the business, there is too many lazy people in the catering business and expect alot of money and not work for it... all the negative comments tend to be from those lazy bunch.

I've had excellent training and support and thank Elior for everything and hope one day to return.
Pros
Free lunches, training and support
Cons
early starts due to demands of the clients business needs
If you'd like a contract, and correct wages, this is NOT for you
Kitchen Assistant (Current Employee) –  East Anglia21 September 2018
I'm just a kitchen assistant, but it definitely doesn't feel that way, constant calls on days off, starting from 7am. The responsibilities for minimum wage, due to managers pushing their work load onto you, is just madness. The budget given doesn't in any way cover the cost of food, if you wish to use half decent ingredients. Wages are never paid correctly, but followed up with a poor excuse, if your able to contact the correct person eventually. And no contract, for some reason, 8 months in, and plenty of asking. Yet they will gladly state I'll only get paid 20 hours for a weeks holiday as per contract, although working 40 hours a week since starting. I was employed to do 20 hours a week, but almost straight away was offered the 40, never expected them to mug employees off that way.
Pros
journey to work was pretty
Cons
Elior
Elior was a stressful place to work
Purchasing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Staines-upon-Thames, Surrey11 September 2018
The team at Elior was the best part. Unfortunately, my role was not exciting and I was not given opportunity to develop.
The environment was stressful and junior staff were not allowed to go to the annual awards ceremony.
Pros
People, technology
Cons
Development
Worst place ever avoid this company
Catering Manager (Former Employee) –  Lancashire11 September 2018
Worst company I have ever had the misfortune to Work for no support from higher management always under staffed poor quality of food served no hygiene controls in place avoid elior at all costs.
Steer well clear
Group Manager (Former Employee) –  East/North Yorkshire21 August 2018
Worked as a group manager for about 12 months all was great to start I gave it 100% shame the ops manager didn’t really care as never saw her unless something went wrong, wage was to include all overtime and travel expenses and take any extra days back in lieu which was impossible as staff didn’t stay long enough. Your worked into the ground your life is no longer your own e mails on a weekend and being TOLD YOU MUST HAVE YOUR FINANCES DONE SUNDAY NIGHT. Which you may be away for but that’s what your told.
You think you have a day off it’s constant phone calls and your just expected to get on with it.
Steer well clear and approach with extreme caution my advice look elsewhere
Pros
There aren’t any
Cons
Everything just don’t bother
catering assitant
CATERING ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  dishes, UK6 August 2018
after joining the team I had broken promises and I did not feel like my opinion mattered. The magament was the worse I have ever worked for and I could not wait to leave. this hs been the worse organisation I have worked for
Company throw you in at the deep end
Cook Manager (Current Employee) –  Bungay23 July 2018
Need more training on the computer side of things, good training on other subjects thoughts, totally messed up my salary which is why I am now looking for a new job, treated very unfairly
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Incorrect salary
Not Great
Catering Manager (Current Employee) –  Coventry22 July 2018
long shifts , no support from higher management, feel unwanted by managers, expect you to work stupid hours and shout at you all the time. never anything positive
Pros
Customers
Cons
Long hours, neglected by management
Bad. Really bad.
Chef Manager (Former Employee) –  Beccles18 July 2018
Probably the most unprofessional and disorganised company I have ever worked for. Enjoy peace and quiet on your days off? Enjoy going on holiday and not being disturbed? Enjoy seeing your manager and receiving positive feedback? Then this job is not for you. Enjoy being ignored when you have issues? Enjoy waiting months for uniform to arrive? Enjoy a manager who simply doesn't care? Then this job may be for you!
Pros
You make them. The comany offers none.
Cons
Management. Very very poor.
Wost companey 2 work four
A number (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands14 July 2018
Human resources a joke turn up hours late for meeting s no support during redundency period
.just a number
.no support while being made redundent
.only interested in makeing money.
Deputy/cook
Deputy catering manager /cook (Former Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire1 July 2018
6yrs iv been doing the second chef ...hard work
Under paid .little or no support .managers are never around when needed..when i finally dug my heels in and walked ...i was threatened with a reprimand if i wanted to return ...so i went to the company i was contracted to and showed them the shoddy foody elior was turning out ....dont work for this company
Pros
Lunch
Cons
Everything to do with elior
varied roles, varied venues
Cooking/Food and Beverage Assistant (Former Employee) –  Shrewsbury26 June 2018
Many varied roles in hospitality and catering. Full holiday entitlement and contracted hours is good. Hospitality can be long or unsociable hours or rolling rota.
Pros
free lunches if in catering, contracted hours, holiday entitlement
Cons
weekend work
Worse place ive ever worked in
Kitchen Assistant/Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Chester, Cheshire22 June 2018
I worked for elior for about 5month every thing about it was wrong. Never had a manager for more than at Month at a time . They just left after a couple of weeks no training just left alone .Expected to do things when you hadn't even been shown
Pros
Cons
Left alone without training or guidance
Do Not Bother applying to work with Elior
Kitchen Assistant (Former Employee) –  Penwortham, Lancashire18 June 2018
Management a disgrace ...no support whatsoever ...They don't pay what they owe you ...not interested in any ones views or concerns ...I was bullied by my Manager and they just turned a blind eye ,,,don't waste your life working for this bunch of losers.
Pros
Hours was good
Cons
every thing except the hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Elior. Our community is ready to answer.