Elior Employee Reviews

elior Ukraine sold distorting
General Assistant (Former Employee) –  Scotland13 January 2019
I tupe to elior from a supermarket chain, were the mangers are more professional than elior uk unsatisfactory mangmant at all levels, unsatisfactroy communication and support for tupe employees. Unsatisfactroy unaform 1 pole shirt two aprons for a five day working week, no logo on pole shirt to let the wider public know tha you work for elior uk.

Elior uk is quick to sort out problem out that they have with inployee,but when it come to sorting out employee problem their are to slow to sort out, like onece a mouth to get on my view to get my payslip.

Pension, most employee will be inrolled into the govment nest pension.

To all jobseekersif you suffer from bad stress or anxiety then elior is not the company for you they will make you worse, and they will not care.
If you have to work with elior then I wish you luck because you will need i

I hope this review is halpful
Fun workplace
Kiosk Assistant (Current Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow4 January 2019
Working with different people almost every shift is very fun and interesting as i like meeting new people. Plus management are nice and humours which makes going to work more enjoyable.
Pros
Easy tasks
Cons
low hourly wage
Awful company
Chef (Former Employee) –  Taunton, Somerset27 December 2018
When I worked at Elior, i enjoyed it very much but then it got rediculous, I wasn’t paid for 3 months, as soon as I was finally paid they fired me, and my boss said I wouldn’t fire you If I could decide, which he lied to me, when I worked nights, the people before me left a mess for me to clean up, which took about an hour to clean I only had a short time still people was coming in to eat, no help what so ever with anything, they put me straight in the deep end as soon as I started there’s so much more I could say.
Pros
Free lunches
Avoid this company
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol26 December 2018
We lost the contract with the company I was with
Elior take over
Worst company I have ever worked for they want blood no work life balance higher management don’t start before 9.30 if you are lucky but I was in for 6am but they would expect me to stay gone 6pm because they did
No support, training was just sign here all my staff struggled with the company
I suggest everyone avoid
Pros
To hard to find one
Cons
Never work for them
No support for you
Lead Chef (Former Employee) –  Yorkshire9 December 2018
Constantly harrassing out of work hours. No regard for work life balance. Cant keep staff at all. Constantly expected to fill in due to staff shortage
Pros
Cons
Long hours poor pay
Not a good company to workfor atall
Cook/Kitchen Assistant (Former Employee) –  North West7 December 2018
Really bad management,no reguard for employees.laid people off just before xmas without a care to anyone or anything.always get wages wrong.they expect to much from there management & employees
Pros
The people i worked with & my manager were brilliant.shame the same cant be said for elior
Cons
Will lay to off at any time without a care
Good Working Environment
Catering Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oldham, Greater Manchester22 November 2018
Without any experience with other catering companies, writing a review is difficult. However, management were always considerate and had a good grasp of health and safety
Employers
Retail Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chirk, Wrexham16 November 2018
Everyone at elior was kind and helping when I didn’t understand something and eagerly explained it to me so I could return to doing my job.

Also because I got along with my co workers I found it easy to get in with my job quickly and finish
Pros
Free lunches
great
Catering Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Bracknell & Wokingham College15 November 2018
i enjoy working for Elior and have for the past 7 years. My position has grown and i have taken on more responsibility. I am however looking for something more challenging and would like to advance my career.
Pros
close to home, good hours
Cons
have reached my potential
Avoid at all costs
Catering Assistant - Part Time (Former Employee) –  West Midlands8 November 2018
- no training, left to just get in with things. They moved me to another premises “ so my hours didn’t have to be cut” 2 weeks later they cut my hours anyway. Faulty equipment and even though you report it it never gets fixed. Not supplied with a uniform and then got a disciplinary for not wearing my uniform (figure that one out)
Had an ops manager turn up 1 day to ask for more voluntary hours to be cut but then I was told that if I didn’t agree to doing it voluntarily they would do it anyway and wanted my answer there and then. Not given chance to discuss with my family if we could afford my hours to be cut again.
Pros
Home time
Cons
Lone working, no training, dirty equipment, faulty equipment, management are a joke
Not a good place to work wouldn't recommend it
Night canteen assistant (Former Employee) –  North West28 October 2018
Worked here as night cook no support from manager or higher ,expected to do a days work in 4 hrs . No benefits but say there are . Would avoid this company
Pros
The people you cook for very pleasant
Cons
Stress
Great company with fantastic food concepts
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Merseyside24 October 2018
Good structure and processes with as much support as needed at mobilisation.

Safety and Well Being team a bit eager as are the finance auditors but Ops team are great. If you can account for your results you are more or less left to get on with it.

Elior's supply chain is good with a large APL, the recipe database "Starchef" is expansive and full manuals and Youtube videos show you how to present the counters.
Pros
Great systems, processes and support
Cons
NEST pension only offer
Very good work place
Hospitality hostess (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London18 October 2018
Elior is a very good place to start your work in catering.
Helpful and sympathetic people.
Hight quality of customer service.
Elior provides development courses.
Shockingly Bad Company
Manager (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London17 October 2018
I worked as a manager for Elior for a year and it was one of the worst years of my life. I was bullied and harassed by the client and they did nothing, finally removing me from the post because the client said they wouldn't have me there. No support till it was too late. Had to beg for essential training including food hygiene and H&S. This company are about £££. That's it. They will work you till you break and have nothing left to give anyone. Avoid them.
Pros
Holiday pay.
Cons
Zero support, then you get scapegoated.
It's a simple job, part time or full time
Kitchen Assistant (Current Employee) –  Branston11 October 2018
It's easy to pick up, you just mainly do food preparation and washing up. It's hard on your back bent over the sinks and on your feet, standing up all day. There's nothing really hard about the job. Depending on what shift you do, tea time shifts, you cook more and wash up on your own, morning shifts, you're with the chef and other kitchen assistant all day until you finish. 8am-4:30pm your typical day is sandwich making, textured food making, washing up and cleaning. 10am-7pm your typical day is washing up, clearing the dining room, more washing up, bit of food preparation (chopping vegetables, grating cheese etc) cleaning and then the final washing up and cleaning, once tea has been served to residents, on your own.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Long hours, on your feet all day, in the sink 90% of the time
Health and safety was a joke
Night crew (Former Employee) –  Wirral, Merseyside8 October 2018
I worked for elior at Tesco Wirral. I loved my job but was fighting a losing battle with staff and manager. I used to go in and be expected to heat up food that had been already heated up and sat out for the whole shift before me. Tesco managers used to tell me to go and do a shop and cook fresh food. Every night I used to scrub the place including all the mugs as they where disgusting. Customers where constantly complaining about the manager and day staff. In the end it wore me down and I got out. They are not a good company to work for and expect you to work long hours on your own. I done a 12hr shift with no break as I was on my own.
Pros
Cons
Bad management, long hours, health and safety issues
Stressfull
Kitchen assistant (Former Employee) –  Greater Manchester4 October 2018
Wouldn't know where to start putting it bluntly rubbish firm to work for long hours and expect everything done for day after low budget for food shops so can't get things staff want to buy
Pros
Going home
Cons
Expect everything done not enough hands
Really Enjoyed working for Elior
Catering Assistant - Full Time (Former Employee) –  London Borough of Islington, Greater London27 September 2018
Found the company the best out of all the catering companies I've worked for as they are supportive, its hard for the company as the clients can make it difficult and limited spend for Elior to work with. know its also made great if you have a great manager like I did. Catering can be hard work as poor hours but this is the demands of the business and clients needs, people forget that when they complain about the business.

I've learnt so much from the company, only left as I relocated and needed to job in a different part of the country and at the time Elior were not recruiting in the area.

Culture: if you are good at your job, reliable you can go far within the business, there is too many lazy people in the catering business and expect alot of money and not work for it... all the negative comments tend to be from those lazy bunch.

I've had excellent training and support and thank Elior for everything and hope one day to return.
Pros
Free lunches, training and support
Cons
early starts due to demands of the clients business needs
busy but enjoyable place
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Harwell24 September 2018
A typical day included answering e mails and taking telephone enquiries regarding hospitality requirements, also working on till at lunchtime. Liasing with chef regarding day's menu and typing up and printing out of these. This was a busy environment with lots of last minute changes Overall management was good but sometimes frantic. I learned to operate very quickly within my role to prioritise my duties The workplace had a good culture towards customers but not always staff. The hardest part was to sometimes manage time as there never seemed to be enough. The most enjoyable part was meeting customers and engaging with them.
Pros
Close to home and free fresh food
Cons
Sometimes not enough hours to complete my duties on the day
If you'd like a contract, and correct wages, this is NOT for you
Kitchen Assistant (Current Employee) –  East Anglia21 September 2018
I'm just a kitchen assistant, but it definitely doesn't feel that way, constant calls on days off, starting from 7am. The responsibilities for minimum wage, due to managers pushing their work load onto you, is just madness. The budget given doesn't in any way cover the cost of food, if you wish to use half decent ingredients. Wages are never paid correctly, but followed up with a poor excuse, if your able to contact the correct person eventually. And no contract, for some reason, 8 months in, and plenty of asking. Yet they will gladly state I'll only get paid 20 hours for a weeks holiday as per contract, although working 40 hours a week since starting. I was employed to do 20 hours a week, but almost straight away was offered the 40, never expected them to mug employees off that way.
Pros
journey to work was pretty
Cons
Elior

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Elior. Our community is ready to answer.