Element Materials Technology Management reviews

element wednesbury uesed to be Exova
Test Engineer (Current Employee) –  Wednesbury, West Midlands23 January 2019
Really bad place to work!

management have not one clue how to manage the place or the safety of the three departments that are within the so called super depot.

many things get brushed under the carpet and there is a lot of bullying that goes on at the wednesbury branch.

if you are a hard working person you will not get on at this place nor will you make any advancements in pay, its very much there way or the high way
Pros
there is a pool table, free money for just turning up
Cons
if i didnt see or hear it, it never happend culture.
Keep looking for work elsewhere
Conditioning Room Operative (Former Employee) –  Warrington, Cheshire31 December 2018
Would avoid the conditioning room/goods in, minimum wage, maximum effort, zero appreciation.
Supervisors and management i wouldn't trust as far as i could throw them.
Poor training schedule, but be ready to be penalized for not knowing what you have not been shown.
Nothing was easy to learn, the job is even harder when given samples with no information, spend to much time getting information needed.
Typical day is physical and exhaustive, tiresome trying to get information.
In the end hardest part of the day was going in, the best part was going home.
If your working or not stay where you are trust me you'll be better off.

That said there are some really nice people there and unfortunately the odd one or two that would happily stick a knife in your back without even blinking.
Pros
Free tea/coffee, mostly nice people
Cons
Management/supervisors
Zero Gratitude
TBC (Current Employee) –  United Kingdom11 September 2018
I have worked so hard for this company and taken additional workload with no gain. It has given long hours, travelling long distances, high pressure meetings etc.

The company likes the portray itself as a good employer. I'm not seeing it now...and can't see it arriving at any point in the future.

So many people have left (not of their choosing). It's so dispiriting. In one hand, I do believe the company wants to keep me, and I have performed well. However I know that I'm now being taken advantage of. Any issue is brushed off because managers are reluctant to ask the question with the overly sensitive and emotional responses from leadership.

The frequent reminders to complete feedback questionnaires offer no insight into how people are feeling. Nothing is shared.

I gave Element the time to prove itself. Each passing day it's getting worse and became worse since we took over Exova. We overreached ourselves.

Time to brush up the CV and move on.

Maybe when I have a new role I can be more frank about my experience as I know this is viewed and I don't trust our leadership while I am here.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Long hours, poor executive leadership, no trust, micro management, no recognition, poorly planned implementation of systems
Awful place to work
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Warrington, Cheshire13 June 2018
Managers are unprofessional, training is non existent, underhand office politics, no development, unrealistic work loads. A very unhappy work place. Female management on a power trip but lack fundamental management experience and try to make up for it with 'bull dog' management style. Management are manipulative and deceitful. There is a lot of information to understand in order to complete the roles but no support given and shoddy rushed training given yet expectations high. HR turn a blind eye to work place bullying and harassment.
Cons
Worst management. Bad staff morale
Money first and safety last
Engineer (Former Employee) –  england4 February 2018
Appearances can be deceptive.
An embarrassing place to work.
Blame culture.
Weak leadership.
Poor safety, only a matter of time before someone is seriously hurt.
No possible progression or gratitude.
ETC
Pros
Cons
see below
Rapidly Expanding Company
Projects Engineer (Current Employee) –  Midlands20 May 2016
Little Progression and poor recognition for efforts made. People generally friendly and managers pleasant but poor politics within
Cons
Long Hours