Element Materials Technology

Element Materials Technology Management reviews

United Kingdom19 reviews
Overall element isn’t a bad place to work the management is a bit poor in the one I was working at. But other then that was an alright place to work..
Even though Element is a big organisation the focus is to create a culture that encourage sharing and learning across sectors. Element drives a strong safety and quality culture. During the Covid-19 crisis the business has been supportive of its employees and encouraged well-being and transparency.
The team I work with is enthusiastic about the business and its goals and it is a great environment to learn and grow.

Every big organisation has its challenges and hurdles to overcome, but once you know who to ask these can be solved easily.
Pros
Ethics, people and management, support network
Cons
Hurdles of big organisation
Highly dynamic environment where you are challenged to deliver. You are encouraged to come up with innovative ideas to improve efficiency and productivity. Excellent career progression opportunities if you have the capability and can demonstrate that you can deliver under pressure. Management does put an effort to get staff feedback and make things happen. You get a new challenge everyday which keeps the job exciting and challenging.
Low salary, if your face fits you'll get more money and an easy ride.

Only work here for lab experience, don't come here looking for a career, you won't find it.

Everyone is related to each other, not good as this causes favouritism within teams and zero ability for effective management.
I didn’t, I joined the company believing I would make a difference.
They are everything the glass door reviews portray them as.

Poor /inept senior management.
Poor incoherent collaboration and a very obvious ‘click’ if your not in the click, your not in.
Ambiente di lavoro molto stimolante e interessante dal punto di vista ingegneristico. Possibilità di lavorare con clienti che sviluppano tecnologie di avanguardia nei campi di aerospace e Oil & Gas. Purtroppo, management focalizzato solo sugli indici di performance economica che non esitano a sacrificare risorse valide nel personale per un riduzione dei costi nell'immediato: visione davvero miope.
Unless your desperate don’t go there. Management have no skills in dealing with employees and offer no support when it’s needed the most. Moral is very very low! Very high staff turnover and very low salaries. Don’t waste your time here much better places to be.
Worked their for a few months, nothing wrong with how I worked, got praise afew times...then...all of a sudden, meetings were put in place with Management and HR - got given LOADS of reasons none of which added up, then, BAM! contract terminated.
Pros
decent hours for me
Cons
getting the boot, management
Really bad place to work!

management have not one clue how to manage the place or the safety of the three departments that are within the so called super depot.

many things get brushed under the carpet and there is a lot of bullying that goes on at the wednesbury branch.

if you are a hard working person you will not get on at this place nor will you make any advancements in pay, its very much there way or the high way
Pros
there is a pool table, free money for just turning up
Cons
if i didnt see or hear it, it never happend culture.
Would avoid the conditioning room/goods in, minimum wage, maximum effort, zero appreciation.
Supervisors and management i wouldn't trust as far as i could throw them.
Poor training schedule, but be ready to be penalized for not knowing what you have not been shown.

Nothing was easy to learn, the job is even harder when given samples with no information, spend to much time getting information needed.

Typical day is physical and exhaustive, tiresome trying to get information.

In the end hardest part of the day was going in, the best part was going home.

If your working or not stay where you are trust me you'll be better off.

That said there are some really nice people there and unfortunately the odd one or two that would happily stick a knife in your back without even blinking.
Pros
Free tea/coffee, mostly nice people
Cons
Management/supervisors
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Element Materials Technology?
I have worked so hard for this company and taken additional workload with no gain. It has given long hours, travelling long distances, high pressure meetings etc.

The company likes the portray itself as a good employer. I'm not seeing it now...and can't see it arriving at any point in the future.

So many people have left (not of their choosing). It's so dispiriting. In one hand, I do believe the company wants to keep me, and I have performed well. However I know that I'm now being taken advantage of. Any issue is brushed off because managers are reluctant to ask the question with the overly sensitive and emotional responses from leadership.

The frequent reminders to complete feedback questionnaires offer no insight into how people are feeling. Nothing is shared.

I gave Element the time to prove itself. Each passing day it's getting worse and became worse since we took over Exova. We overreached ourselves.

Time to brush up the CV and move on.

Maybe when I have a new role I can be more frank about my experience as I know this is viewed and I don't trust our leadership while I am here.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Long hours, poor executive leadership, no trust, micro management, no recognition, poorly planned implementation of systems
Managers are unprofessional, training is non existent, underhand office politics, no development, unrealistic work loads. A very unhappy work place. Female management on a power trip but lack fundamental management experience and try to make up for it with 'bull dog' management style. Management are manipulative and deceitful. There is a lot of information to understand in order to complete the roles but no support given and shoddy rushed training given yet expectations high. HR turn a blind eye to work place bullying and harassment.
Cons
Worst management. Bad staff morale
Appearances can be deceptive.
An embarrassing place to work.

Blame culture.

Weak leadership.

Poor safety, only a matter of time before someone is seriously hurt.
No possible progression or gratitude.

ETC
Pros
Cons
see below
Little Progression and poor recognition for efforts made. People generally friendly and managers pleasant but poor politics within
Cons
Long Hours