Element Materials Technology

Element Materials Technology Employee Reviews

Overall element isn’t a bad place to work the management is a bit poor in the one I was working at. But other then that was an alright place to work..
When I started it was no a/c but they added that. And painted the walls. And ceiling. But it seem like they care more about aesthetic more than their employees. It is an ok place to work. But its only a stepping stone. Nothing more nothing less
Good Company. Competitive Salary. Strong Benefits. Positive Work Culture. Work/Life Balance. Covid Aware and Safety First Environment. Good Management. Strong Future Outlook and Company Growth.
Pros
Free Coffee, Good Work Culture, Work/Life Balance, Challenging Work, Strong Trajectory of Growth
Was mir besonders gefällt, ist, dass man in den gesamten Bearbeitungsprozess eingebunden ist und ihn selbst gestaltet, das fängt an beim Kundenkontakt, Angebotserstellung, weiter mit der Auftragserfassung und Planung im Labor, die Prüfung mit Berichtserstellung und anschließend der Kostenaufstellung für die geleistete Arbeit.Vielseitige und abwechslungsreiche Aufgabenstellungen durch die Kunden lassen keinen Tag wie den anderen sein.
Pros
Weiterbildungsmöglichkeiten werden gefördert; flexible Arbeitszeiten
Cons
Kaum Aufstiegsmöglichkeiten, da kleines Team an jedem Standort.
great culture, opportunity for learning and growth are outstanding, wonderful and supportive colleagues to work with, management is supportive and cares about its employees
Good place to start NDT work. Some days had work and some days were slow. Had to jump through hoops to advance to level 1. Overall a decent experience.
Used to love going to work and going home feeling good but new clueless gm destroyed that pretending that he knew what he was doing pushing everyone -
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
no More praise only criticism
After almost 8 years within the company being within the lab for two takeovers, time has come to move on, lack of progression and willingness to invest in staff training in areas that need it the most has lead me to leave, poor management and the HR manager is totally unprofessional bringing my personal life into conversations when being told I'm leaving, they really don't care for the staff only the amount of work they can get you to do in a day. Pay is good for a starter after some experience but if your looking for a career look elsewhere, unless your related to others within the building you won't get far. Also no matter how hard you work or bend over backwards there is no sense of appreciation from higher management, they are happy for you to slave away to line there pockets.
Pros
The team i was with
Cons
Lack of progression, pay, unappreciated
Auch wenn Element ein internationaler Konzern ist, hat sich in meinen Augen die familiäre und bodenständige Atmosphäre an den jeweiligen Standorten erhalten. Ich habe durchweg tolle Kollegen und Vorgesetzte kennengelernt. Die Aufgaben sind spannend und oft herausfordernd; langweilig wird es auf keinen Fall.
Pros
flexible Arbeitszeiten, selbstständiges Arbeiten
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Element Materials Technology?
Throughout my time at Element, I have appreciated how much my department managers have encouraged me to expand my career knowledge and learn new things, which has kept my time here interesting so far.
By far the best testing company I have worked for. Any traveling job will have drawbacks for work life balance, but if you're looking to work you cannot do better. Benefits are great, compensation is fair, housing benefit is fantastic. Management is top notch.
Pros
Very attentive managment who you can freely and openly talk to
Cons
Traveling job, 9 month+ away from home, not much choice in where you will be working.
Element took over the company I worked for. They abolished our yearly bonus, froze our pay and gave the technicians a much heavier workload. Needless to say I left and went to a company where I was better appreciated.
Pros
None i could find
Cons
Low pay for industry
● OverallI love working for Element Materials Technology. If you go above and beyond for this company, they’ll go above and beyond for you. Everyone has a chance to succeed at Element. They care for their employees and value your input. I can’t say enough.
The lady that I replaced had left several months before I got the job and the training was weak because nobody really knew what she did. The other women at the company, which were about seven of them, we’re not very supportive and helpful.
Pros
Flexible starting time
Cons
Week management and no support.
It was a pleasure to work at Element Hull. The management is supportive and communicative, the laboratory well equipped, there is no bullying whatsoever, the company is well organised and there is clear communication from the top management. I would not have left if it weren't for covid slow down.
Pros
safe bicycle storage, showers, gym
Not a good work environment, would not recommend anyone with experience to work there. Supervisor is a yes man to the management. Supervisor promoted because of Nepotism.
Cons
Machine shop supervisor is a dumb a**
Flexible work patterns and potential to progress your career with a decent salary and managerial support to boot. My experience so far has been rather good...much better than that of working for other large organisations. Also have to say that I have been supported through the COVID 19 pandemic with full pay and job security.
Pros
Career Progression, decent salary, training.
Cons
Working away from home (Job specific issue)
The benefits package is very good - Holiday/Sick pay and a Contribution Pension Scheme. My immediate line manager is very good, knows my worth and often commends me for my hard work. Sometimes the nature of the job means you are quite busy, but no-one pressures you, and there is always help available if needed.
Pros
Holiday/Sick Pay, Pension Scheme, Excellence Award Scheme.
Good Work Culture and Good working environment. Element is very keen on Employee Safety and HR teams encourage employees to build a life-work balance. Some department are underpowered and that makes working stressful. Employees are recognised for their good work.
Pros
Friendly employees / Safety in work places
I am only doing this review so it will get off my indeed jobs. Coworker ripped off his finger running a 1940's lathe. Their crack EHS dept stared at the lathe for 5 hours before hanging a do not use tag on it. Workers continued to use it regardless. Terrible managers, very cut throat and back stabbing. Thank god Covid hit and I was let go. Beryllium dust in the air, this place has no clue. Very run down cheap cheap cheap shop. You want to work here you better be hard up for work. Buy your own tools and inserts. Rig bandsaws with duct tapped washers and have unqualified people doing maintenance work. Its a real S shop. First shift management has a serious anger problem. A real sick F. If you like working on nasty equipment, like banging the S out of super alloys like an ape, be my guest. Trash company, pure trash
Pros
Getting laid off
Cons
Everything between clocking in and clocking out
I love working somewhere that my manager listens to my concerns and actually helps me sort anything I'm worried or concerned about. I feel valued and am praised for hard work that I put in - meaning you feel more inclined to do any extra which is asked of you. During the COVID crisis many of us have been set up to work from home and been provided with everything we need.