Element Materials Technology
Element Materials Technology Employee Review

Fast pace dynamic environment

10 March 2020
Highly dynamic environment where you are challenged to deliver. You are encouraged to come up with innovative ideas to improve efficiency and productivity. Excellent career progression opportunities if you have the capability and can demonstrate that you can deliver under pressure. Management does put an effort to get staff feedback and make things happen. You get a new challenge everyday which keeps the job exciting and challenging.
5.0Job security/advancement
4 December 2019
Same role
Technical Development Manager (Current Employee) - Stevenage UK
Element has a strong focus on staff learning and development, which is refreshing. It has the ability to invest in the business units and people. The safety of its people and customers is paramount. The team I work with are highly technical and it is a great environment to learn and grow. The downsides are that as a big organisation there are a lot of 'one-size' fits all procedures to follow, which can be frustrating and time consuming.
20 October 2020
Asbestos Analyst (Former Employee) - Deeside, Flintshire
After almost 8 years within the company being within the lab for two takeovers, time has come to move on, lack of progression and willingness to invest in staff training in areas that need it the most has lead me to leave, poor management and the HR manager is totally unprofessional bringing my personal life into conversations when being told I'm leaving, they really don't care for the staff only the amount of work they can get you to do in a day. Pay is good for a starter after some experience but if your looking for a career look elsewhere, unless your related to others within the building you won't get far. Also no matter how hard you work or bend over backwards there is no sense of appreciation from higher management, they are happy for you to slave away to line there pockets.
Pros
The team i was with
Cons
Lack of progression, pay, unappreciated
26 August 2020
Technician (Former Employee) - Oxford, Oxfordshire
Element took over the company I worked for. They abolished our yearly bonus, froze our pay and gave the technicians a much heavier workload. Needless to say I left and went to a company where I was better appreciated.
Pros
None i could find
Cons
Low pay for industry