Element Materials Technology
Element Materials Technology Employee Review

Awful place to work

13 June 2018
Managers are unprofessional, training is non existent, underhand office politics, no development, unrealistic work loads. A very unhappy work place. Female management on a power trip but lack fundamental management experience and try to make up for it with 'bull dog' management style. Management are manipulative and deceitful. There is a lot of information to understand in order to complete the roles but no support given and shoddy rushed training given yet expectations high. HR turn a blind eye to work place bullying and harassment.
Cons
Worst management. Bad staff morale
31 December 2018
Same location
Conditioning Room Operative (Former Employee) - Warrington, Cheshire
Would avoid the conditioning room/goods in, minimum wage, maximum effort, zero appreciation.
Supervisors and management i wouldn't trust as far as i could throw them.

Poor training schedule, but be ready to be penalized for not knowing what you have not been shown.

Nothing was easy to learn, the job is even harder when given samples with no information, spend to much time getting information needed.

Typical day is physical and exhaustive, tiresome trying to get information.

In the end hardest part of the day was going in, the best part was going home.

If your working or not stay where you are trust me you'll be better off.

That said there are some really nice people there and unfortunately the odd one or two that would happily stick a knife in your back without even blinking.
Pros
Free tea/coffee, mostly nice people
Cons
Management/supervisors
20 October 2020
Asbestos Analyst (Former Employee) - Deeside, Flintshire
After almost 8 years within the company being within the lab for two takeovers, time has come to move on, lack of progression and willingness to invest in staff training in areas that need it the most has lead me to leave, poor management and the HR manager is totally unprofessional bringing my personal life into conversations when being told I'm leaving, they really don't care for the staff only the amount of work they can get you to do in a day. Pay is good for a starter after some experience but if your looking for a career look elsewhere, unless your related to others within the building you won't get far. Also no matter how hard you work or bend over backwards there is no sense of appreciation from higher management, they are happy for you to slave away to line there pockets.
Pros
The team i was with
Cons
Lack of progression, pay, unappreciated
26 August 2020
Technician (Former Employee) - Oxford, Oxfordshire
Element took over the company I worked for. They abolished our yearly bonus, froze our pay and gave the technicians a much heavier workload. Needless to say I left and went to a company where I was better appreciated.
Pros
None i could find
Cons
Low pay for industry