Element Materials Technology
Element Materials Technology Employee Review

A good company to work for

4 December 2019
Element has a strong focus on staff learning and development, which is refreshing. It has the ability to invest in the business units and people. The safety of its people and customers is paramount. The team I work with are highly technical and it is a great environment to learn and grow. The downsides are that as a big organisation there are a lot of 'one-size' fits all procedures to follow, which can be frustrating and time consuming.
3.0Job security/advancement
10 March 2020
Same role
Technical Manager (Current Employee) - Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh
Highly dynamic environment where you are challenged to deliver. You are encouraged to come up with innovative ideas to improve efficiency and productivity. Excellent career progression opportunities if you have the capability and can demonstrate that you can deliver under pressure. Management does put an effort to get staff feedback and make things happen. You get a new challenge everyday which keeps the job exciting and challenging.
2 October 2018
Same location
Technician (Current Employee) - Stevenage, Hertfordshire
As I have been working for Exova, we have just been taken over by Element recently. I personally have enjoyed my time here as a whole so far. Colleagues are friendly and welcoming, managers are easy to talk to. Any problems I have ever had in the work place have been solved. Salary could be better - although there is room to progress and earn more, there are many other similar job roles at other companies with higher starting salaries. Like many other workplaces there are the occasional problems, good days and bad days, but nothing that has affected my time at work massively. I can't speak for other areas of Element, but I would recommend my branch in Stevenage to work at.
20 October 2020
Asbestos Analyst (Former Employee) - Deeside, Flintshire
After almost 8 years within the company being within the lab for two takeovers, time has come to move on, lack of progression and willingness to invest in staff training in areas that need it the most has lead me to leave, poor management and the HR manager is totally unprofessional bringing my personal life into conversations when being told I'm leaving, they really don't care for the staff only the amount of work they can get you to do in a day. Pay is good for a starter after some experience but if your looking for a career look elsewhere, unless your related to others within the building you won't get far. Also no matter how hard you work or bend over backwards there is no sense of appreciation from higher management, they are happy for you to slave away to line there pockets.
Pros
The team i was with
Cons
Lack of progression, pay, unappreciated