Element Materials Technology Employee Reviews

Believe the reviews on glass door
Sales (Former Employee) –  United Kingdom10 October 2019
I didn’t, I joined the company believing I would make a difference.
They are everything the glass door reviews portray them as.
Poor /inept senior management.
Poor incoherent collaboration and a very obvious ‘click’ if your not in the click, your not in.
Lavoro stimolante ma management scarso
Materials Testing Researcher (Former Employee) –  Hitchin, Hertfordshire, UK2 October 2019
Ambiente di lavoro molto stimolante e interessante dal punto di vista ingegneristico. Possibilità di lavorare con clienti che sviluppano tecnologie di avanguardia nei campi di aerospace e Oil & Gas. Purtroppo, management focalizzato solo sugli indici di performance economica che non esitano a sacrificare risorse valide nel personale per un riduzione dei costi nell'immediato: visione davvero miope.
Poor management
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Deeside9 September 2019
Unless your desperate don’t go there. Management have no skills in dealing with employees and offer no support when it’s needed the most. Moral is very very low! Very high staff turnover and very low salaries. Don’t waste your time here much better places to be.
element wednesbury uesed to be Exova
Test Engineer (Current Employee) –  Wednesbury, West Midlands23 January 2019
Really bad place to work!

management have not one clue how to manage the place or the safety of the three departments that are within the so called super depot.

many things get brushed under the carpet and there is a lot of bullying that goes on at the wednesbury branch.

if you are a hard working person you will not get on at this place nor will you make any advancements in pay, its very much there way or the high way
Pros
there is a pool table, free money for just turning up
Cons
if i didnt see or hear it, it never happend culture.
Keep looking for work elsewhere
Conditioning Room Operative (Former Employee) –  Warrington, Cheshire31 December 2018
Would avoid the conditioning room/goods in, minimum wage, maximum effort, zero appreciation.
Supervisors and management i wouldn't trust as far as i could throw them.
Poor training schedule, but be ready to be penalized for not knowing what you have not been shown.
Nothing was easy to learn, the job is even harder when given samples with no information, spend to much time getting information needed.
Typical day is physical and exhaustive, tiresome trying to get information.
In the end hardest part of the day was going in, the best part was going home.
If your working or not stay where you are trust me you'll be better off.

That said there are some really nice people there and unfortunately the odd one or two that would happily stick a knife in your back without even blinking.
Pros
Free tea/coffee, mostly nice people
Cons
Management/supervisors
Room for improvement
Technician (Current Employee) –  Stevenage, Hertfordshire2 October 2018
As I have been working for Exova, we have just been taken over by Element recently. I personally have enjoyed my time here as a whole so far. Colleagues are friendly and welcoming, managers are easy to talk to. Any problems I have ever had in the work place have been solved. Salary could be better - although there is room to progress and earn more, there are many other similar job roles at other companies with higher starting salaries. Like many other workplaces there are the occasional problems, good days and bad days, but nothing that has affected my time at work massively. I can't speak for other areas of Element, but I would recommend my branch in Stevenage to work at.
Zero Gratitude
TBC (Current Employee) –  United Kingdom11 September 2018
I have worked so hard for this company and taken additional workload with no gain. It has given long hours, travelling long distances, high pressure meetings etc.

The company likes the portray itself as a good employer. I'm not seeing it now...and can't see it arriving at any point in the future.

So many people have left (not of their choosing). It's so dispiriting. In one hand, I do believe the company wants to keep me, and I have performed well. However I know that I'm now being taken advantage of. Any issue is brushed off because managers are reluctant to ask the question with the overly sensitive and emotional responses from leadership.

The frequent reminders to complete feedback questionnaires offer no insight into how people are feeling. Nothing is shared.

I gave Element the time to prove itself. Each passing day it's getting worse and became worse since we took over Exova. We overreached ourselves.

Time to brush up the CV and move on.

Maybe when I have a new role I can be more frank about my experience as I know this is viewed and I don't trust our leadership while I am here.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Long hours, poor executive leadership, no trust, micro management, no recognition, poorly planned implementation of systems
Awful place to work
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Warrington, Cheshire13 June 2018
Managers are unprofessional, training is non existent, underhand office politics, no development, unrealistic work loads. A very unhappy work place. Female management on a power trip but lack fundamental management experience and try to make up for it with 'bull dog' management style. Management are manipulative and deceitful. There is a lot of information to understand in order to complete the roles but no support given and shoddy rushed training given yet expectations high. HR turn a blind eye to work place bullying and harassment.
Cons
Worst management. Bad staff morale
Money first and safety last
Engineer (Former Employee) –  england4 February 2018
Appearances can be deceptive.
An embarrassing place to work.
Blame culture.
Weak leadership.
Poor safety, only a matter of time before someone is seriously hurt.
No possible progression or gratitude.
ETC
Pros
Cons
see below
Rapidly Expanding Company
Projects Engineer (Current Employee) –  Midlands20 May 2016
Little Progression and poor recognition for efforts made. People generally friendly and managers pleasant but poor politics within
Cons
Long Hours
Overall Rating
Applications Engineer/Business Development (Current Employee) –  Watford, ENG18 January 2016
The job is very target focused and is very demanding on social life itself.

The job can be extremely stressful at times especially when you have very high deadlines to hit.

Managers are very money focused, if your not bringing in orders you get a warning and the prospect of losing your job is high as well.

Training on the job is okay and the most enjoyable part of the job is people I work with.
Pros
The people
Cons
Long hours, no social life, extremely stressful.