Elekta

Elekta Employee Reviews

United Kingdom14 reviews
Working here as a contractor doing the same job every shift. Cross training is what is required to be able to work in any department. Very poor communication from management.
General weak leadership and redundancies very common ie near annually across the business. All HQ care about is EBITDA and shareholder reports.

Management chase adoring fans. Latest initiative to groom a fan club for management is a programme pampering interns as management in training. All expenses paid. Free trips around the world whilst the company is under travel freeze. Near guaranteed job placement whilst long suffering employees face redundancies. Heaps of money spent for graduate interns and trainees. This luxury spending spent on the backs of actual workers told to do more with less. All budget and spending is restricted for us. Training budget is not realised for the thousands of workers in the company but they will promote the expensive trainee managers. Upstairs downstairs mentality is a slap in the face.

This company is a dinosaur in terms of organisation and structure. Divisions and teams create just that, a poisonous competitive atmosphere, where managers compete to make 'rivals' look bad. Especially if those rivals are across the Atlantic. Most that fit in here have worked with the company for many years and demonstrate little experience or are not open to new and fresh ideas from outside their four walls. They promote the worst ones to management and they become the squabbling jobsworths that spoil everything.
A typical day at work would be going in, getting on with work for around 2 hours before doing a daily briefing about progress on tasks. Many meetings due to collaborative nature of work. Very friendly people and easy to work with
Extremely poor management, from top to bottom. HR baised in managements favor. Keep your head down, trust no one. Never speak up, you will be marched out the door there and then. Toxic working environment, managers are bullies. Managers will not engage with staff, told "your opinion bores me"
Management never seek advice or opinions of the technicians , we who do the work every day of our lives, justified by " if we seek others opion we will never get agreement and never get anything done!"

Company spends more time advertizing their culture or mission statement, rather than practicing what they preach.

Company spends a fortune on external consultants to find out why the moral is so low, but staff are afraid to complete questionnaire as we feel it is not anonymous.

Generous pension and staff restuarant.
A very honerable and interesting field of work with a great and dedicated engineering workforce.
Such a shame then that the company is so poorly run with middle management unwilling to listen to their workforce and ignorant of severe project issues.

Recent new product release was at the expense of driving workforce into the ground, after which staff left in droves.

Unfortunately I don't see upper management ever willing to admit anything is wrong.

Very poor HR.
Pros
Nice working conditions and restaurant
Cons
Not allowed to work on critical issues within the product
Despite lots of good employees unfortunately the company often puts departments and people at odds with each other, with time spent further personal position and standing and not enough on the job in hand.
Elekta continues to develop innovative cancer care solutions and has a complimentary portfolio of products & services. The nex generation of radiotherapy is just around the corner.
I was given great responsibility from day 1 and felt immediately welcome. All colleagues are very helpful, friendly and approachable. The work environment is pleasant. I managed to get all necessary support and was given all tools to successfully work on my project.
There was no such thing as a typical day at work, everyday was a new day at Elekta. Employee's put their hearts into the company, creating a new challenge everyday.

The nature of being under Cancer care, marketing had the strong tool of driving emotional intelligence to the customers hearts. I felt that Elekta had created emotional marketing strategies through their blogs with customer experiences, successfully transforming these touching stories into trusting brand implementation approaches to the customer.
Pros
Private Agency events- provided catering and valuable training all day.
Managing the purchasing and supply chain for over 100 SKU's used as commercial components in the manufacture of Radiotherapy machines

Dealt with overseas suppliers on tight delivery schedules using airfreight and deep sea container deliveries

Good experience in crisis management when SNOP budget forecasts changed at late notice

Worked in a highly charged team of strong personalities and used my interpersonal skills to keep everybody together. Keepign the team toether was hte hardest part of the job.

I enjoyed working with international suppliers with time differences playing a major part in day to day operations
Pros
pension fund, quarterly bonus
Cons
late arrival of customer orders in each quarter
I was with Elekta for more than 5 years and every day I get to learn something new. My colleagues are very supporting and great to work with. “
Pros
Subsidised Lunches, Good Pension
Cons
Long Hours
To power up machines off the assembly floor for the first time
Use crane to move machine from factory production floor to machine test bay

Complete paperwork for medical machine

Earth bonding.

Complete a test procedure document, documenting serial numbers and all tests carried out through four days testing procedure

Test include, fault finding, voltage monitoring, current monitoring, machine movement start up, calibrating resistors through voltage monitoring

Water systems start-up and checks

Vacuum start up checks and monitoring

Overnight auto-testing for machine movement

Log book accompanying machine to be completed

Final dielectric test before being passed on to systems test engineers
Pros
Good company, safe environment
Cons
Constant changes to production lay-out
Elekta is a human care company pioneering significant innovations and clinical solutions for treating cancer and brain disorders. Elekta provides intelligent and resource-efficient technologies that improve, prolong and save patient lives.
Nice place to work, great ethos. Good parking, great links to airport and M25. Would recommend.