Electronic Arts Employee Reviews

No work life balance
Manager (Former Employee) –  Guildford22 November 2019
You are expected to be on call 24/7. The company restructures every two years, so there is no job security. People that don’t deliver within the company are not held responsible and those that make up for their inadequacies pay the price. People with no management experience are left leading teams, creating a toxic environment where bullying is prevalent. And the company is so male heavy, it might as well be a fraternity house.
Productive and fun workplace
Communications Specialist (Former Employee) –  Guildford, Surrey15 August 2019
Job culture is fun, with lots of engagement and Employee Resource Groups available.

Advancement opportunities are lacking at this juncture, as specific Orgs mature and new skill sets are needed - it's becoming more and more likely for external candidates, rather than internal hires, to move into open positions within some Orgs within the business.

Pay and compensation are lower-end for Tech and Media companies - the video game industry is growing exponentially, but salaries do not tend to meet this growth when compared to trends of similar industries.
Pros
great social life
Cons
constant restructuring
HR (Current Employee) –  Guildford29 August 2018
Great place to work. The workplace culture is very welcoming and relaxed. There is a great sense of teamwork and collaboration at EA. It is great to work alongside people who are passionate about what they do.
Great opportunities
Communications (Current Employee) –  Europe3 May 2017
Opportunity to work on large scale projects and advance your career, but constant organisational restructure and lack of understanding of international market needs can be difficult.
Geunine and professional. Focussed on players and staff.
Head of Production (Current Employee) –  United Kingdom22 January 2017
Company has strong vision and strategey to deliver. Communication is excellent and dedicated to deliver the best experiences for it's customers by making sure the staff have the best skills and practices to deliver the best.
Pros
Training
Continual crunch
Software Engineer for Harry Potter (Former Employee) –  Guildford, ENG21 December 2014
The work was interesting but the continual crunch and poor product management made EA difficult to work at for long stretches of time.
Sometimes and fun job
Software Tester (Former Employee) –  Guildford, ENG19 August 2014
This job varied from tedium to fun. A typical day involved testing computer games for faults. Sometimes this was to written test sheet, sometimes we were given free reign to test how we would like. When faults were found they were entered into an online database called devtrack, which the developers used to fix them. After fixing we tested the fixes and updated the issue. I also did language testing and third party requirement testing.

The co-workers and lower levels of management were pleasant to work with and we had friendly atmosphere. We played five-a-side football during our lunch breaks and after work. We could also play our own computer games during lunch times.

The only downsides was the low salary and low job security. As a temporary job, we were only allowed to work there 11 months per year and when a game came to the end of its development the team was at risk of being made redundant unless there was another game to work on.
Pros
Low cost computer games, sometimes fun testing games, free dinners on late shifts, opportunities to work abroad.
Cons
low salary, low job security
they are ok
Quality Assurance Tester (Former Employee) –  Chertsey, ENG28 July 2014
The company is ok to work for but short contract lengths
8 hour shifts