Electricity North West

Electricity North West Employee Reviews

United Kingdom34 reviews
Overall great place to work, as all contact centres they have their clicks, but all in all everyone supports the other. You get out of the job what you put into it. Although it can be stressful at times due to the nature of the industry. You do get job satisfaction.
I hated working here. Very disappointed as it was supposed to be my dream job. It became obvious after a short time that corruption is embedded into the work culture. Many, many times we did an hours work and spent the rest of the time having a brew but if, shock horror, you don't like that you won't be popular.
My team's motto, " you're not fighting if you're marching". Pathetic. I resigned!.
Interesting, well paid, friendly people and plenty of overtime.
Short distance from Birchwood shopping centre.

Nice clean offices and facilities.

Some shifts very busy and some hardly any calls.
Not the easiest place to work, but very freindly. The company is going through a huge change in work methods. Any comment that I make here is likely to be out of date.
The people make working at Electricity North West fantastic. There is a real sense of collaboration and working together to get things done. Really good.
Progressive , supportive . Good company to work for .
communication sometimes could lead a lot ot be desired

there are lot of good people working for ENWL happy
Pros
good management, good development
Cons
Good Place to work, friendly staff. Accessible and good free car parking. Good promotion prospects, excellent holiday entitlement and employee benefits.
To many bosses in the office generally not doing alot it was us the Arborist that ran the vegetation management ourselves,making important calls to customers and dealing with problems daily,money wasn't great and had to fight every year for a payrise generally not a good company to work for,also you get punished if you get ill which happened as we worked outside
Pros:
Great work life balance, mostly pressure/stress free.

Management allow you to manage own workload.

Flexible working options

Great pension and benefits

Growing industry with current and exciting challenges

Cons:

Poor IT

Stale work environment at some offices

Limited social interactions with colleagues outside of work

Slow to innovate and some out-dated practices
Treated like battery hens with call out pizza disguised as ‘welfare’ when in-fact it’s an incentive to stay late when THEY NEED YOU for their KPI’s to be met during storm conditions. In addition to lukewarm pizza, the time and half offered is a real tug for the old purse strings with the hourly rate being so rubbish compared to other companies.
Most employees in the contact centre are fairly nice, I’d say some are lovely but the few cockerels who spend the majority of their time discussing office politics during their extended smoking breaks actually pollute the place with their cocker-doodle-doing.

It doesn’t matter how many eggs a hen lays, if their face doesn’t fit then it’ll be stopped from progressing until pushed out of the cage.

The amount of gossip that fly’s around the place is contaminated and can be very personal. Salmonella at its worst on occasions.

Some (not all) of the big cockerel’s who roost at the top of the office, otherwise known as ‘the management’, have been seen to look down on the hens and add to the bacteria that spreads with the contamination. Be warned and be wary!

There’s no work life balance, no flexi and no support towards dependants. So, if you have chicks or old hens to care for, you’ll struggle without taking annual leave (unless there’s a weather storm and they need you; then its different farm yard. Then they’ll almost open the cages and allow you to be free-range so they get enough eggs to deliver on their stats).

My advice is this, unless you’re a pedigree hen and get offered a job it won’t be a career, contrary to what you're
 - more...
ENW have great work home life flexibility which is brilliant when you have a young daughter.
There is a very supportive atmosphere

Free tea and coffee

Great away days
Worked there for nearly two years, got me involved in quite a few interesting projects and there was alot of opportunity to earn decent money with double and sometimes triple time for your overtime. Some downsides to progression being largely family related but overall a decent management team and good morales to pay and sickness ect. Would recommend to any and all.
This is a good place to work, good people and good management. This is a busy job, with lots to do but the culture is such that everyone helps each other. I would recommend working here.
There is a buzz about the office.
Everyone is willing to help their colleagues.

Full benefits package available to all employees.

Private medical cover is included.

Full training is given and everyone helps each other

Nobody pulls rank

Managment are very approachable
Pros
Great work/life balance
Cons
Permanent roles are hard to find
Out of date for the modern workplace.

Difficult to have drive when the foreground is very flat.

There is a culture of protecting information that should be readily accessible to all as required.
Very busy environment to work in. Learned how to manage a crisis situation in an incident where people had no electricity due to severe weather.
Most enjoyable part of the job was seeing how far I came in the time I spent there
Pros
Good Benefits package
Cons
long hours required
I worked there and the job was interesting the staff were all nice but I fell foul of a manager who disregarded the health and safety of all staff ..phone system quality shocking ACOUSTIC SHOCK ,, caused stress ... Manager asked me to walk outside and promptly asked me did I really need the job .. Decibel level on phone at times was approx 90db ... BE AWARE
Pros
Good job, friendly staff
Cons
Health and safety ignored and bi polar management
Sadly the company is not good at supporting staff who have young families and wish to work flexibly.
this is from personal experience.

however the job and pay/benefit package is exceptionally good. If you are a career driven and do not mind working unsociable hours then this could be the business for you
Pros
benefits package
Cons
not family friendly
I worked at ENW for 16yrs and during my time there got some very good training and promotions.

I would recommend to anyone as a company to work for.
The job is interesting but i now need more hours the people are friendly good company to work for but the hours are set for six till nine my duty's are clean seven class rooms two shower rooms five tiolets office and reception
Pros
own uniform
Cons
not enough hours
It was a fabulous company to work for.
The company are extremely professional and the staff are very friendly as well.

I enjoyed my time and learnt lots.