Play YouTube video button

Eleanor Nursing and Social Care Employee Reviews

United Kingdom41 reviews
Featured review
Eleanor Nursing and Social Care selected this as a representative review
Eleanor is a nice place to work with. The manager is very nice , the administration staff. They provide training, holiday paid and provide everything for Carers.
From personal experience I would not trust these people as far as I can throw them.. I would not recommend anyone working for them or placing a loved one in their care! They have the worst managers going!! So many 2 faced liars working, with carers heads so far up the managers butts its unbelievable how many brown nosed people I used to work with! And if you're not one of their own then you will be treated differently. I had so many bad days working for this company as a result of poor management . I was always offered support but it was never given, supervision after supervision I was told off. I always made the point about being seen on camera but that wasnt enough for them, at one point I was even called a liar! I had to be honest with my review and I'm not even sorry!!
This company are put together with people who don't have a clue management is a total joke. Will hire anyone and then treat them like you are worthless Full of brown noses.! They need to treat people fairly and not have favorites.
I don't think I am paid enough. But great environment to work. Management staff are wonderful to work with. Great coluges and the office is very neat and well maintained
Having applied for a role, I had a great experience from start to finish.
Efficient and really quick to get through to interview and then accepted for work.
Pros
Staff are great
Cons
distance to travel
Lack of management structures, lack of team work and unprofessional way of working to say the least... company where favouritism are been practiced..
I started with Eleanor Care 8 years ago now as a carer, working evenings after i had my baby. I learnt Being a carer is the most rewarding job you can do, which gives you the "Job satisfaction". You really do feel at the end of your shift you have made a difference and that is a great feeling.

When my little one at the time started Nursery Eleanor allowed me to change my availability to working days as well as some evenings. The support i have received in my time with Eleanor Care has been Out standing! and the progression i have been offered has been Amazing!

Since starting as a carer i have progressed to the position as a Field Care Supervisor, then to a Recruitment and Retention Officer. All the time learning new skills which i would never have learnt if it was not for Eleanor Care. Then this year i was given the opportunity and responsibility to be part of the project Team in setting up and launching our New Branch in Boscombe. Now 8 Years on i am the Branch Manager for our Branch in Boscombe.

I owe so much to Eleanor Care for the opportunities they have given me along with the amazing on going support i have received from day one!

One thing that really stands out for me, is that Eleanor Care really do Value their Employees and especially their Carers. We are very lucky that our CEO recognises this and ensures this is rewarded. Even by arranging get together's / BBQ's and nights out and every year the best Christmas Party ever!
Since joining last year I have thoroughly enjoyed my time with Eleanor. It has been challenging and rewarding in equal measure.

I have worked on process transformation and projects in new regions - during which I have had the total support by senior management.

The healthcare sector is a competitive marketplace, but the companies rates for carers are amongst the highest and Operational staff are similarly well paid.

There is an expectation of delivery on your targets, but resources and support to achieve them are provided.

If you are driven, invested and happy to accept accountability, Eleanor is a great environment to develop your career.
Pros
Support to explore new challanges, fast paced & challanging
Cons
competitive marketplace
Management pay everyone different salaries. They expect you to work 24/7. The team are friendly and it can be a nice working environment depending on your manager. The account team were rude and not helpful always messing up the carers Pay.
Pros
Progression
Cons
Long hours, not consistent salary, accounts are rubbish
Eleanor Care has friendly clients and great staff members. The working hours are very flexible which works around my children's school hours and when i need a day off to look after the children the office staff are helpful. Helping with cooking, cleaning, personal care and talking to the clients is the most enjoyable part of the job because it leaves the clients happy and they really appreciate the hard work.

Sometimes the long hours can be tiring and hard work.

Overall, it's a friendly environment and they support with full training before sending us out into the community.
Eleanor Care is a good company to work for as they gave me hours according to my availability and have a great training scheme which helped me while working in care.

Great place to work, friendly staff and lovely service users.
Pros
Rewarding and great training
on the advertisement asked for workers in specific area. Got called for interview, asked if work is definitely in this area was told yes. kept getting texts and emailed to remind me of interview. Went all the way to interview to be told the work is not in the area advertised. They said minimum a client can call u for is 15min and max clients usually want you for us 45mins. How does that work? Why advertise work as per hour? You cannot go to work for 15mins, get maybe £2.50 but pay £3.00 on the bus for the day. When I said this, I was told you can get monthly bus pass for £21. Also was told that the people that phone you to attend interviews are not based in London so they don’t know
Cons
Waste of time
Eleanor Care is a fantastic organisation to work for. The training they provide is great - they encourage you and are very supportive. Their pay is good, so are the incentives they offer.

They give 100% which means you want to give 100% back to them.

Eleanor Care great organisation to work for excellent training opportunities
Eleanor Care is a rewarding company to work for as they provide excellent support to all staff. They have a great and strong team who support and respect each and everyone. We have amazing care workers who dedicate their time and hard work to provide excellent care for our elderly people within the community.

During my time at Eleanor Care, they have been very supportive with helping me progress within the company as they have been encouraging with training programs in order for me to move higher to in management level meaning room to grow. Eleanor Care has made me feel really valuable and giving me the extra support to help me progress my career path.

Overall, i would highly recommend this company to anyone who is looking for a care position or someone who is looking for a great career path as Eleanor Care help people to improve their skills and experience which means they value people’s future.
Pros
career path, lovely staff, flexible working hours
Eleanor Care is a very interesting workplace where I can develop my customer service skills whilst dealing daily with clients. It is a place where employers have the opportunity to work according to their availability(Flexibility). Its management is improving from day to day.
The typical day at work was traveling around. I learnt a lot over this job such as dealing with clients that had disabilities, Dementia, physical disability and much more. The most enjoyable part of this job was going to clients house with a bright smile on my face.
Pros
Best hours possible
This is a great job if you want to start working with leaening difficulties. Although the home is currently under going a lot of changes from up top, it is interfering with the staffs motivation. But the service users are great.
Pros
Lovely services users, welcoming staff
Cons
A lot of changes from up to, lack of motivations or appreciation
Productive workplace, good management, fun workplace. I learned a lot, nice colleagues, different types of customers, every day was different. Dealt with a lot of situations.
Been with Eleanor for 3 years and have enjoyed every second. The training I received has been fantastic. I have learnt a lot with the company and they have been very supportive of me especially since I went back to school, working around my changing hours allowing me to stay on so I can work during the holidays. The client's have been amazing, the job is very rewarding and each day teaches me something new. Eleanor has changed my way of thinking, it's made me feel good about making a difference in someone's life in both small and big ways.
Pros
Rewarding and supportive
A typical day at work to assist clients with daily tasks. To meet client and assist them in the best possible ways to make them interdependence. Every day is different challenging and rewarding. l have learnt a lot working with patients with complex needs, learning disability with learning impairment able to read the chart and interpret the message the patient is conveying, Work ethnic has to followed. The difficulty part of the job when the client is on admission and the client has reached the end of their lives. The enjoy part working with different patients and able to see they are recovering form ill health..The interest part was working along nursing, occupational therapy and clinical task was carried by staff that are trained in that area.
Pros
difficult to get working hours required for long time
Cons
short and long hours
This company do not know what they are doing. They treat employees with NO respect. They give you impossible tasks and this company are a waste of time. If i was looking for a job these people are the last place i would look. Scrap that id rather not have a job. They call them selfs a care company what a joke
Pros
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Eleanor Nursing and Social Care. Our community is ready to answer.
Eleanor Nursing and Social Care Reviews by Location