Edwards Employee Reviews

fun work place
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Durham, Durham22 May 2019
lovely company to work for friendly nice hours great company to work for safe company local to work for worked for 2 year and loved every miniute of it
Cons
nice hours
Good opportunity for start
Product Data Management - Software Developer (Current Employee) –  Clevedon, Somerset24 July 2018
Good opportunity for a start as Engineer (and any other title, position) for collecting good commercial experience. Some good paths for personal developing and promotions.
Pros
a nice bonus and proper canteen
Cons
corporation, a lot of politics
Heavily reliant on the use of excel and working independently
Cost Engineer (Contractor) (Former Employee) –  Clevedon, Somerset6 February 2018
A typical day would include working on the end of month reports, chasing and logging business improvements by liaising with engineers and others involved.
Senior Electrical Controls Engineer
Senior Electronic Controls Engineer (Former Employee) –  Clevedon28 November 2017
Great company with clear understanding of customer requirements and clear understanding of Electrical safety. Brilliant staff who enjoyed the process of extracting harmful chemicals from the sky, and semiconductor fabs.
Pros
Great Company.
Cons
very small operation.
Excellent Graduate Development Program
Senior Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee) –  Burgess Hill, ENG3 November 2015
I had the opportunity to enhance my knowledge and I was able to take decisions during my whole time in Edwards. A company with high focus on customer (internal and external), quality and health and safety.
Pros
Excellent work environment, new offices
Cons
Very specialized on products, not the greatest benefit package.
Managment is not good
Skilled Wireperson (Former Employee) –  Clevedon, ENG11 September 2015
Rush all the time, Deliver parts always late. Line manager only see numbers , no persons. No proper training on begiinig. You must have own tools.
edwards was a good experience.wish it was still in this country,and i was still working there.
Paint sprayer of a variety of vacuum pumps (Former Employee) –  ENG12 June 2015
working hard,learnt new skills.Management ok ,teamleaders excellent.Co-workers good,made a lot of very good friends[miss them].hardest part of the job was any computer work.Working with excellent co-workers.
Working as a Mechanical fitter
Semi Skilled Mechanical Fitter (Former Employee) –  Clevedon, United Kingdom26 January 2015
A typical day at work would start with a morning meeting with my team leader outlining that days main objectives, targets, company news and visitation from outside investors. We would then return to our work stations and continue with the job in hand. This usually involved assembling/constructing and then an official test procedure to ensure it met company standards.
Pros
Sunsidised canteen, clean environment, great team/colleagues.
Cons
Contracting/no job security, poor training programs, dishonest senior management
Productive and fun workplace
Bar Tender (Current Employee) –  Peterborough6 January 2015
My daily duties involve serving customers at the bar when they require a drink. I have to do this effectively and efficiently to make sure that the customer is happy. I also work on the floor cleaning up tables when people have finished with their glasses or bottles. At the end of the night I work with my team to clean the premises thoroughly so that it is ready for the following day.
Pros
great atmosphere
Cons
Very long hours and night work
always looking to improve there products
Mechanical fitter (Former Employee) –  shoreham by sea24 September 2014
new products being introduced and improved on. last worked on new product and introduced and trained people on various stages of production. the management were always keen to hear of any problems and were quick to get any addressed. the colleagues I worked with to a degree some become very good friends.
the hardest part was at periods of downturns and seeing very good workers having to be laid off work.
seeing finished products in the loading bay area
Pros
working with a great bunch on the night shift
Cons
work being moved abroad
It is a fun work place to get to communicate with customers
Bar Staff (Former Employee) –  Peterborough20 March 2014
I serve drinks to customers and learn how to make cocktails. The managers are understanding and help you with any problems that might occur, my co-workers all work really hard and we work hard as a team.
The hardest part of the job is close down when cleaning the pot wash and cleaning the bar, the most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with customers and making sure they are happy with the service we provide for them.
Pros
It is a fun place to work at but professional
Cons
Late nights
Fun, Enjoyable, Productive
Glass collecting/Barman (Current Employee) –  Inverurie12 March 2014
Learned how to change kegs and syrups. Co-workers are fun and reliable, hardest part dealing with irate customers
Pros
Good work enviroment
Cons
Unsociable hours
fun and lively
Bar Person (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ENG22 February 2014
love everyone i work with.
all like one big family.
long hours and very tiring.
fun and lively place to work.
Enjoyable and friendly environment
Maintenance Fitter (Facilities) (Former Employee) –  Shoreham-by-Sea28 January 2014
Working at Edwards allowed me to expand my knowledge of commercial facilities maintenance.
Bar work
Bar Staff (Former Employee) –  Peterborough7 November 2013
This was the first bar job I had. I started off as a glass collector and after completing my free training (provided by the company) I was working behind the bar.

I would start at around 9:30pm and finish at about 5am. Glass collecting is pretty self explanatory but if I was behind the bar then I would be serving the customers, taking money for the orders, making cocktails, keeping the bar clean and dealing with difficult customers.

Co-workers weren't the best group of people, it was very cliquey there. Most of them didn't seem to want to accept anyone new to the group, which made it difficult to get on with the job sometimes, especially when your new to everything.

The pay could of been better for how much work we were expected to do. We didn't always get paid for the overtime that we did every night. We would be down on the rota for 9/10pm til half 3/4am but every night we would have to work an extra hour at least. More than once we left at gone 6am, once it was past 7am. It all depended on management if we got paid for the extra hours.
Pros
The free training.
Cons
Long hours we didn't get paid for.
Enjoyed the work and the working environment.
Engineering fitter (Former Employee) –  shoreham16 January 2013
Would have been happy to stay but firms reallocation to another country caused redundancy.
Pros
4 on 4 off shift pattern. interesting varied work.
Cons
very hot at times.
A workplace like family
Accounting officer (Former Employee) –  Bradford24 July 2012
It is all about accounting roles. The role has afforded me to learn accounting skills involving invoicing, payroll, bank reconciliation e.t.c
Pros
everyone is free and works as a team member
Cons
of course it could be challenging sometimes and this is the beauty of accounting field