Edwardian Group London

Edwardian Group London Employee Reviews

United Kingdom26 reviews
Rude management
Rude management. I worked there 4th days send by an agency. In the first day because of some delais i was late 10 min., but i finished 10 min. later. I worked 11 hours and in the second day 1 hour more because they was verry busy. After this syfts i received 3* by 6 because i was late.
Pros
Free lunch, good meals
Cons
Rude management, they want to be like a robot
Productive and fas word place
A typical day at work in the hotel as a housekeeping , thirstily dress the black clean uniform correctly . i learned to clean the rooms to the highest standard to meet client expectations.
Disgusting - if I were you, I would run for the hill's. Truly disgusting company to work for.
This hotel company likes to market itself as a family company, treats it staff with dignity and respect. absolute rubbish! this company is disgusting. They treat you like animals. untrained management, uninspiring management. Basically, if your face fits you get the job regardless of your experience or qualification. They absolutely treat you like dirt. in all the years I have worked in hospitality (over 20 years) I have never ever experienced a company which is so despicable. I worked in the Manchester hotel, since the new General Manager started they have lost so many good people both staff and managers. I couldnt stay there, is was horrible. keeping me awake at night, dreading going in. The GM there is a bully. dont bother reporting him, I did, 7 of my colleagues did too and nothing was done. the whole thing covered up. He is a bully and a sexist, but this seems to be what the senior management recruit, as weve been told this is the same all over the company. We are going to the press as a unit to finally expose this company and the general manager there for what it actually is.
So my / Our advise - stay clear.... disgusting :(
Good place to work, strong team work atmosphere
Good management , friendly and very supportive. Lovely place to work for with a good team work atmosphere. Management are flexible with what I can work. I have also learnt a lot whilst working here so far. Friendly people from all the department's.
Pros
Staff discount, bonus, recognisation, life insurance
The worst
Just like the army. SE biggest set of jumped up people to breathe air. Think they are something they are not
Staff treated disgustingly

No thought for staff & run like boot camp. They lost some amazing people
Pros
Cons
Too many to list
Pretty disorganised
Overall not a very professional company with a lot of management issues and not much progression for staff. It is a very operationally led business and not sophisticated for marketing and where I wanted to be.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
No understanding of marketing or brand
Honest Review: Inexperienced Management
Not a single senior manager has been recruited with experience.
Managers are all at the same level.

Staff members are treated like slaves, no respect, no consideration at all. No incentives. No recognition

There's no balance between your social life and your work.

Targets are sat very high, reached most of the time to have the managers receiving their bonuses once achieved.

This's a family business, people do not have a single idea about hospitality, management, human resources,...

You'd be miserable if you go there. Try!
Pros
Staff are friendly, social and nice to eachoteach other
Cons
Inexperienced Management at all levels
The worst work experience ever had
Operations manager the worst ever. seats in the hsk office most of the day. Gossip is the managemnt style. Gone are the days that
if you are honest trust worthy your job is safe.

In this company there are amazing values, and at first it seams like that is the way it works.

But Operation Manager and his centarl team is not following these values.

Staff turn around is very high and no questions asked. You get your marging orders if you speak about what you see or find out.
Pros
Freshly prepared food
Cons
Management is all corrupt and do not follow the company values.
Worse company
SE team don't respect staff, illiterate Chefs using bad language, person like me could not stand with management they treat you like slave if you like such job most wellcome to try
Pros
free food
Cons
need to teach manners Chefs and SE team
Poor management/awful company to work for
I worked as a reservation agent . I would use the worst possible word to describe the reservation manager over there . When I joined I saw so many people walked off or working very unhappy in that place and then I came to a realisation that if you be your self and try to work without team up with that stupid lady nothing going to work for you in that place . Military environment where they make you feel bad to go to toilet when you need , that's how bad it is .even when you take them to HR they were biased and one sided . I never written a review in my life . This is just a heads up for a person who's thinking of applying for a role at this place . Please do your self a favour and look for something else . Life is too short to be miserable.
Pros
Over sized uniforms, meals, very good induction session
Cons
Rude cunning arrogant manager with a pathetic spineless crowd behind her
Bad management
Customer service department management is poor they don't listen to you unless you take them to hr,people come and go all the time management can't confront staff they rather talk behind your back
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Poor management, hypocrite
Positive
Very good treatment on staff members. They gave a very good training with staff meals. but there were too much work load to do. sometimes they were bossy
Good team environment but management style is poor
Good perks & indept friendly teams , everyone works hard. Expectations are high but as expected within this environment.
Lots of staff programmes for feedback, ideas & all well received unless it’s negative to management or company.

Great IT team & company try to be at front of technology development.
Pros
Colleagues, benefits & IT programmes
Cons
Management style & their lack of accountability
Good company
if you like being independent in your work then it is the company for you. The focus changes quite frequently so you need to create your own stability.
Benefits are not great holidays are 20days (+ BH) regardless of your position, salary well it is hotels so not great compare to other sector but average for the industry but don't count on bonuses.

You have a voice and can influence change which is great, this would only work if you are passionate about your job and don't count your hours. The people are very nice and supportive, there is a great team support.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Salary, constant change in focus points
Buen aprendizaje y grandes oportunidades de crecimiento laboral
- Cada día era diferente, lleno de desafíos y siempre mucho trabajo.
- Facilidades de promoción.

- Buena estructura laboral y beneficios para empleados.

- Buena dirección, empáticos y siempre escuchando a los empleados.
Pros
Promocion, cross training
Cons
Over time
Never bored.
Great place to work, very friendly staff. There is always something to do, no matter what department you are in everybody helps each other. And I have never meant as many friendly people in one building.
Pros
Free lunches, benefits, salary.
Cons
Long hours.
Salary is not great but working environment is diversity and fun
I loved my current job but salary is quite lower than I expected. Working here for over a year and havent got any pay rise. Department keeps loosing staffs, therefore, remain staffs have to work overtime all the time to cover the others jobs.
It can be a good experience
It can be heavy work sometimes, and they expect you to wear uniforms and follow the conduct etc. It gives you adequate training, so it makes your job easier.
Pros
free meals during long shifts
Cons
it goes from quiet to super busy suddenly
Nice small place
I enjoyed my time here, such a shame it has closed. Everyone was so nice and easy to get along with. Manged to try my hand at a few different jobs
Pros
Lovely owners
Cons
under minimum wage
Productive and fun workplace
Many things to do, a good team work daily, funny and professional supervisors, the best ever General Manager of NPW Hotel that I met since I am in work environment.
its a very nice atmosphere in the work space,
a day at work is very lively and full on, and can be considered as hard, however with the team and the relationship between them it is very easy as we as fun, its a challenge that is tackled correctly and effectively every time. it is a very amazing and down to earth place to work.
Pros
get fed for free, and nice canteen