EDGE HILL UNIVERSITY

EDGE HILL UNIVERSITY Employee Reviews

United Kingdom57 reviews
Easy work for flexible hours
As a student advocate I was able to work around my studies. Was very convenient and got appropriate training for the work I was doing. Would recommend any student this job, to support their studies.
Temporary Job
Temporary Job only but was given plenty of Database Administration work to bring the University Database 'InPlace' up to date as there had been a transition from another database.
fun
I enjoyed my time there, it was an amazing experience. I leanred a great many things about computers and the new technology that will be coming to the public.
Great University
I really enjoyed doing my BA course here. I made friends for life and I found the relationship between professors and students to be an excellent balance between professional and casual. Not to mention they truly were experts in their fields. Very well recruited team for my course indeed (Creative Writing)
Productive and helpful
Great working atmosphere with spacious environments to study and work. Help is available easily and friendly staff at hand at all times. Excellent feedback to help guide me with constructive criticism when required.
Nepotism is alive and well in this culture
If your face does not fit and you have an ounce of intelligence then the middle management and people you work with frown on initiative.
Managers are quick to adopt any good ideas you have and put forward as their own .

A set of older staff who have built a culture to suite their working practices and lock out new staff who evoke honesty and integrity .Staff the hardest to work with as most of them have no interest in providing a quality service to the students.
Productive and Friendly
Everyone in the lab is lovely and willing to help if any help is needed.

Working hours vary depending on how much is needed to be done within the day or week.

Flexi hours are available if you are a permeate staff.
Easy going
Great casual work contract, suits me and is great pay. Given opportunity to meet new people, develop new skills within the university, overall excellent experiences
Don't apply unless you've just graduated from there...
My experience of working/interviewing at Edge Hill is that you have to have just graduated (the younger the better it seems), or you already work there.... They have also now made the interview process so difficult and lengthy that only god knows what it is they're looking for. Certainly not experience and qualifications: someone to go to the pub after work with i'm guessing.....
Great place to be great atmosphere
great place to work or study. relaxed atmosphere with a community feel. fantastic onsite facilities. on site parking and cheap food within the hub. shops on site also. excellent library.
Great place to work for
fantastic pay, flexible hours, great team. Different jobs available from packing, to admin, to open days and set ups. Some off campus Jon’s available too
Enjoyable
Guided parents and students to where they have to registered to start the new academic year. Helped them move in at their allocated dorms. Job was only for 2 days (8 hours work a day) and it was fun as you could relax with your mates and make new friends
Student
Hours were flexible and were catered to our time-tables.
The workplace was relaxed and had a 24 hour library available for all students to use when needed.
Pros
flexible study time
Cons
often dis-organised lectures
Good pay and fun jobs
Working as a student guide, I had many opportunities to choose my own working hours and I could work as little or as much as I wanted to. It was great pay and there was a variety of jobs I could choose from, as well as paid training.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Not guaranteed work
Great Campus and just lovely people. I loved working there. The amenities are excellent, the grounds are stunning with a great social vibe as well as great academia. The worst thing Over did was leave.
Pros
Great surroundings and great culture
Cons
A good place to work and some great people
Company is well managed and the people are good to work for the pay is realy good a realy good bunch of work colleges I wud highly recommend anyone to work hear
Pros
Very good pay
Cons
Not many hours
Lovely place - needs to evolve!
Lovely place and people - a nice place to work. that is annoying in its bureaucracy. The most senior managers dont have real leadership skills or experience and the lower managers who know what needs to get done have too many layers to go through so lose the will against it all.

Great place for a short stay.

Good place if you are senior enough to have some semblance of decision making ability.
Bullying Culture and Limited Opportunities for Advancement
A bullying culture is part of everyday life for lecturers at this university. Management are fully aware of this and turn a blind eye.
Where I worked, the best interests of the students came last in the HoD's list of priorities. Junior staff were persistently used as scapegoats for the incompetence of management. A very unhealthy place to work.

The only positives were the students, who were incredibly committed, driven and a pleasure to work with.
Pros
Great students/Nice campus
Cons
Bullying Culture
fun
good place to work and the living arrangements are good. Night life on campus is exciting and its placed in a good town centre. A lot of historic value.
Great for a flexible job
Most jobs are based around when you can work unless they are jobs that are needed for specific days or events such as welcome Sunday. The pay is good and is some extra cash in your pocket as a student.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
More hours wanted
good
good place for work experience. its a great place for people looking to get into the creative field. there is a lot fo good infrastructure and is well equiped