EDGE HILL UNIVERSITY Employee Reviews

Helpful Staff
Adult Nursing (Former Employee) –  Cheshire20 January 2018
Teachers and staff are all very welcoming and helpful
The campus is very nice, pretty and everything is together
Facilities are not great, library could be bigger
Pros
staff and people are friendly
Cons
could have more facilities
Excellent, supportive, realistic and good culture
Student (Former Employee) –  Ormskirk, Lancashire29 December 2017
Staff, lectures and the university as a hole is excellent. All staff I came across were really outgoing and helpful but were honest do if thing didn't look good they would tell you how things were. Lectures done a brilliant job at teaching even when the cohort that I studied with was quiet and reluctant to get involved they never stopped trying to motivate them to try and to do better (me being one of the few that did get involved). Brilliant culture and diverse, with lots of different people and events on all the time.
fun workplace
Front of House Staff (Former Employee) –  Ormskirk, Lancashire13 November 2017
it was always a good shift as everyone got along and everyone always had a laugh, what made it more fun for me was every shift was different, this helped me become more confident at work and out of work.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Ormskirk, Lancashire26 October 2017
Having only worked here for a short amount of time I really enjoyed it. The hours they offer are good and can be anything from a 6am start. Good benefits with the job too
Productive and a fun workplace
Promotions Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ormskirk, Lancashire7 September 2017
The people I worked with are great people who are always welcoming. Nice environment to work in, and is a caring workplace. Being a part of a university work environment helping out with the events that take place, has helped me with my confidence.
Pros
great environment, nice people, great pay
A pleasant place to work
Visiting Lecturer (Former Employee) –  Ormskirk25 August 2017
The school is small and with limited research facilities but the facilities are focussed on teaching and these are of a high standard. The campus is pleasant.
Well payed and enjoyable
Academic Administrator (Former Employee) –  Ormskirk, Lancashire23 August 2017
Staff were very nice across many departments, payed well and efficiently. Have returned there for work for a number of years as a casual staff member.
A good place to work.
Senior Lecturer (Current Employee) –  Ormskirk18 August 2017
A very busy day normally, especially given the demands of some teacher trainees. I learned that I am, at heart, an educator and I relish working with students. The management and leadership could have been more open about the future plans for the area in which I work.
Workplace culture depends on whom you observe during the year. Hardest part of my job was the lack of communication from senior levels, the most enjoyable is the day to day contact with students.
Pros
Flexible working hours
Cons
Parking.
Student at Edge Hill
Full-Time Student (Former Employee) –  Ormskirk, Lancashire4 July 2017
3 year undergraduate degree in History, specialising in the persecution of social minorities.

As my last position was that of student i feel there is little i could add about the work/life balance, culture, or true work experience of the university, but i've been forced to fill this in.
Pros
Student
Best Student Employer
Admissions Advovate (Former Employee) –  Edge Hill University30 May 2017
I really enjoyed working for Edge Hill as they were very understanding of my studies! It was also a great place to work as the staff were so friendly and lots of training was provided to allow me to work well.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
N/a
Fun
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Ormskirk, Lancashire26 May 2017
It is a healthy working environment where people are enthusiastic about what they do, strivinf for excellence in the teams which they are in. I would recommend the university to anyone.
Pros
Rewarding
Cons
Managing time with degree
Worthwhile
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ormskirk, Lancashire27 April 2017
Enjoyed teaching students about new things and allowing them to progress. This allowed for me to learn new things about myself and progress my own skills.
Pros
Learned new things about myself
Cons
New students can be a bother
Amazing Experience
Student Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Ormskirk, Lancashire7 January 2017
The work can vary in hours but always allows you to use your personal communication skills to the best of your abilities, giving the public the best experience of the university.
Pros
Free lunches
My University in the UK..
STudent (Former Employee) –  UK6 December 2016
Very Modern facilities, leaders in nursing and teacher training.

A typical week would involve attending lectures and seminars, with a mixture of clubs and societies to get yourself more involved with the University community.
Pros
Beautiful campus
Cons
A little far from a big city
Productive.
Catering Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ormskirk14 October 2016
A great place to work. Flexible working hours and friendly, fair working environment. Busy but challenging workplace during busy hours of the day. Friendly atmosphere.
Great to do alongside studies
Student Guide (Current Employee) –  Ormskirk19 June 2016
As a trainee teacher, I love the fact that I can easily manage my time with this job. The pay is great too.

All of the staff are really friendly and willing to help you out, whatever your query, ranging from needing additional training for a workshop or if you're calling in sick for an event. They really take the time to make sure we are valued.
Fun and friendly atmosphere
Administration Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ormskirk31 May 2016
A typical day at work is interesting as you never have a day that is the same. everybody is friendly and nothing is to difficult for anybody
Pros
everybody knows everybody in a friendly way
Fun, productive, trusting and responsible workplace
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Ormskirk28 March 2016
Being given the trust and responsibility of a team of people to run a shift has increased my work performance as well as my knowledge through bar work. Learning new skills such as out of hours delivery and line cleaning showed trust and dependency to work.
Student (Former Employee) –  Ormskirk8 November 2015
Great university, Would definitely recommend to go there for other students thinking of coming here
Great night life and teaching is excellent
Educational and inspiring place to work
Full Time Student (Former Employee) –  Ormskirk14 June 2015
I have enjoyed my time at the University and would recommend it to anyone else considering a PGCE. I have learned the qualities of outstanding teaching along with leading extra curricular activities. My fellow students were very supportive. The hardest part of the course was maintaining a work/life balance. The most enjoyable part of the course was the feeling I got whenever I helped a pupil who was truly excited to learn something new.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at EDGE HILL UNIVERSITY. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5