Edgbaston Cricket Ground Employee Reviews

productive
Waitress/Bar Staff (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands3 September 2018
serve customers all day on match days and during functions. I use the till and pour pints and also serve food in the kiosks. if I work in a box I look after a group of customers and ensure that they have a good experience with us through being polite and smiling/getting to know them. I carry a tray of drinks to my box and serve them with a buffet from the kitchen I also maintain the box through cleaning it regularly especially when the customers have gone out to watch the game,
Pros
free lunch
fun workplace
Waiter (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands8 November 2017
good people to work with also easy to get shifts, i have been working for over a year and its great in terms of still getting called up for shifts even after not working for a certain time. id recommend this job for students who are looking for spare cash.
Fun and busy
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands4 August 2017
Very good place with very good members of the team. Always a laugh to work there, see very new faces and some old faces. Very friendly and positive place to keep yourself busy.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Hours
Nice
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands30 July 2017
Was very young when I took on this job. Had fun working their, the staff were all very nice and welcoming. Everyone knew what they were doing. Lovely place to work,
Fun place to work
General Staff/Bartender/Waiter (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands4 March 2017
Very fun to work there, everyone is friendly.
The times given to work are perfect for student life, but also they offer to give you a large range of responsibility to help you mature in the work place
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Long Hours some shifts can be 12+ hours
Great working environment
Plate Waiter (Current Employee) –  Edgbaston24 September 2016
Edgbaston Cricket ground is a great working environment offering many different roles and environments which is perfect for training and work experience. unfortunately their vacancy system is not the best and needs improvements. Instead of having people to send out texts and emails manually informing people of shifts and manually handling job cards on the day of sifts, they should have a new way of doing this e.g automatic notification software and hand or bar code scanner on the day of shifts to increase efficiency.

the management of the Ground is very good and so are my co workers. There are many types of people there enabling me to enhance my social skills and work ethic.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
Good place to work but can take over life.
Kitchen Porter (Current Employee) –  Birmingham28 August 2016
Great experience working there but the hours can take over your life on average working 70-90 hours a week, which money wise is brilliant but you also need time to have an actual social life.
what you learned
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Birmingham18 September 2015
How to handle difficult customers that are intoxicated due to excessive liquor consumption. Effectively, persuading customers to stop drinking before liabilities of excessive drinking arise and using initiative to prevent a negative customer experience.
Pros
Free Lunch and Dinner
Cons
Late nights and shifts are scace to recieve
Enjoyable workplace
Casual worker (Current Employee) –  Edgbaston14 April 2015
I really enjoy working here as casual staff, usually my job consists of serving customers as a cashier food and drinks. Although the hours are usually quite long, the day passes quite quickly as it is generally very busy.
Pros
free lunch
Very straight forward job role
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Birmingham31 July 2014
A day at work consists of fast paced ready work, where I will have to clean bathrooms, bars and dangerous spillages within the building or out.

I have learnt health and safety conditions within the area I work in such as separating different cleaning products and using the right coloured equipment in a change of scenario.

Management of this job is very affirmative using remote radios to contact colleagues when needed.

As the job is very fast paced you are paired with a partner which will assist helping you throughout the day monitoring an particular area of the stadium. Therefore the job may become very sociable with one another.

Having to clean up after fans or anyone that uses our facilities and doesn't respect them in a decent manor.

The most enjoyable part of this job is being in the environment of excitement and competition of sport.
Pros
Site seeing
Cons
Unrewarding wage