EDF Renewables

EDF Renewables Employee Reviews

United Kingdom119 reviews
Started with London Electricity and was taken over by EDF, they are a French based company but were fair with staff, training was excellent and advancement good with right attitude.
Pros
Nice colleagues
Cons
36 minute lunches
During my time at EDF, I was tuaght how to manage the stress of a working enviornment and shown how to work well in a team and independantly. The typical day consisted of different problem solving tasks and introductions of different areas within the company. The workplace was a very pleasant place to be a part of as it was very welcoming and had a warm atmosphere. The most difficult part was having to push yourself to work things out that are outside of your comfort zone however all the activities were fun and enjoyable.
Worked for edf energy security for 11 years, was great for the first 3 years then implementations made things really bad. A lot of bullying, belittling and bitter staff made up an awful environment.
So glad I have to never see or hear from the place again. (Dnb) petty backstabbing and minor issues are escalated by mentally unstable ex services staff and bitter ex police who never .made it
I learned a lot of things in this company.
notament the customer relationship, the claims processing, and the deepening of my service sales capabilities
Typically everyday i spent learning from qualified engineers explaining what they do everyday. The management again were very nice as they were willing to help whenever they could.
Regular restructures, good salary and location, however inefficient processes. Large teams, reasonable benefits. Does provide good work life balance.
I enjoy my work as I like to knuckle down and do what I can where possible. The management I have on nights make my working night relaxed and a nice environment to work! the colleagues I have are easy to get along with. hardest part of the job is probably the real heavy lifting at times but it's never a task you can't do as people are so nice and willing to help. most enjoyable part is knowing your satisfaction after the completion of a difficult task!
Pros
great competitive pay rates
Cons
not many reall
very busy workplace where no day is the same everyone is treated as equals and everyone works together to achieve the company targets and goals good career progression
EDF are a good company to work for. Customer services background is a bonus. There are certain targets you need to meet as part of the job.
You have to bill accounts, explain bills to customers and book appointments for Smart meters.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Targets
There are a lot of opportunities at EDF, however the pace of change is very slow and stymied by endless levels of approvals. There is a difficult scheme for raises and promotions that make working in a single career track not very inviting.

I had the pleasure of having very good management and teams around me. It was hard to see these talented individuals be held back by the bureaucracy of the project and company.
Training was intense but fun at the same time and that's the only good thing I have to say about EDF Doxford. Next to no training on the computer systems though. When you go live you are really thrown into the Marianas Trench, never mind the deep end.

Managment give you no backup on the job and are a bunch of backstabbers who'd sooner throw you under the bus than help you achieve anything!! Do not trust anybody in a position of authority.

My advice is to stay clear of this company for the good of your own mental and physical health. Saw to many break downs in that God forsaken place.
Cons
a great company to work for.you are well taken care of, regular training, company van, ppe phone ipad. fuel and car cleaning paind for. final salary pension scheme.
The company truly cares about the mission they have set forth and their employees are always seen as a great asset. Usually only hire French speakers but they make exceptions and offer to give out French classes to those that are interested.
EDF is a very corporate, conservative organisation. If you are a corporate type, you will get on ok here. However, if this is not the case, you will become very frustrated with most things around here
Pros
Jo security
Cons
Very corporate
In the first few years, fantastic until EDF got a hold on the London Electricity company it bought out along with SWEB and SEEB. Then it all went down hill, this is the only job in my entire life that almost did me in completely. Face fits environment, extremely cliquey.
Pros
Pay
Cons
As per my review, and more
Good salary and benefits package, always looking to move forward in the energy industry with regards to renewable and greener energy. Can sometimes be unessesaraly stressful.
Good workplace however there are many unpaid overtimes, friendly work environment, help with health problems provided at work, training provided. Friendly management.
Cons
The environment is fast-paced, with multiple facets of the business changing and increasing requirement to be more and more efficient in everything that is done, but striving to do everything that is possible to improve customer experience and drive costs to the lowest possible place without compromising the service to the customer.
Pros
Small reduction on energy bills
Cons
Meetings, meetings, meetings.
Great people to work with. Lots of opportunities to move around different departments. Fully supportive of training and development with a generous support package.
Environnent et qualité de vie à bristol très intéressante
Great company! but limited career growth. Management communication needs to improve. Focus is also needed on career advancement of millennials within corporate functions.