EDF Renewables Employee Reviews

Found 343 reviews matching the search See all 1,462 reviews
Large company, slow movement
Engineer, Lead (Former Employee) –  Bristol22 April 2019
There are a lot of opportunities at EDF, however the pace of change is very slow and stymied by endless levels of approvals. There is a difficult scheme for raises and promotions that make working in a single career track not very inviting.

I had the pleasure of having very good management and teams around me. It was hard to see these talented individuals be held back by the bureaucracy of the project and company.
Awful place to work!!
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Doxford20 April 2019
Training was intense but fun at the same time and that's the only good thing I have to say about EDF Doxford. Next to no training on the computer systems though. When you go live you are really thrown into the Marianas Trench, never mind the deep end.

Managment give you no backup on the job and are a bunch of backstabbers who'd sooner throw you under the bus than help you achieve anything!! Do not trust anybody in a position of authority.

My advice is to stay clear of this company for the good of your own mental and physical health. Saw to many break downs in that God forsaken place.
place to work for
Green Deal Assessor (Former Employee) –  Bexleyheath19 April 2019
a great company to work for.you are well taken care of, regular training, company van, ppe phone ipad. fuel and car cleaning paind for. final salary pension scheme.
Excellent work experience and great work ethic
Wind Turbine Blade Operations R&D Engineer (Former Employee) –  Greater London8 April 2019
The company truly cares about the mission they have set forth and their employees are always seen as a great asset. Usually only hire French speakers but they make exceptions and offer to give out French classes to those that are interested.
Conservative organisation
Civil Engineer (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London29 March 2019
EDF is a very corporate, conservative organisation. If you are a corporate type, you will get on ok here. However, if this is not the case, you will become very frustrated with most things around here
Pros
Jo security
Cons
Very corporate
Nice people to work with however training needed improvement
customer service agent (Former Employee) –  Sunderland19 March 2019
The trainor's that help you start out are easy to work with and although they show you how to take a call, there was hardly any training on the computer system/software involved in the everyday workload. So most of your time is not knowing how to correctly navigate the software all while speaking to customer at the same time. It can cause quite a lot of stress if you are dealing with an angry customer. You would see many employees crying while on the phone because they didnt know what to do.
Great team with a hard job to do
Portfolio manager (Former Employee) –  Gloucester, Gloucestershire18 March 2019
Cost reduction is key in the energy business. EDF has the right ambition. Will take some work to see out the Price Cap. If you don't know what that is get on Google before you turn up for interview.
Quotations Administrator (Former Employee) –  Exeter, Devon7 March 2019
Great people, pay and benefits, and work life balance. Zero complaints. Sort of regretting leaving... mid life crisis methinks lol.
Offices are nice, they have a gym and cafeteria also.
Busy and fun place to work
Senior System Administrator (Former Employee) –  Bexleyheath5 March 2019
My role at EDF was system and user support for the company's distribution network control systems sited at various locations in East Anglia, London, Kent and Sussex. Typically I worked in a medium sized office, but there was a requirement to work off-site at remote data rooms in electricity sub-stations or remote unmanned data centres attached to the company's network control rooms. This job benefited from being both team based and at times requiring me to work independently. EDF sought to be an "employer of choice" and to a degree they succeeded. The management style could best be described as laid back giving their staff sufficient authority to perform their tasks.
Pros
Laid back and supportive management.
Cons
Various parts of the company pulling in different directions.
Flexible
Sales Executive - Small Medium Enterprises (S.M.E) (Former Employee) –  Worthing, West Sussex4 March 2019
Lots of inbound traffic

Good commission/incentives at the time

Good management

Flexible shift patters and the opportunity to move around the business
Pros
Flexible working hours
Cons
Constant changes
ok
TEAM PERFORMANCE COACH (Former Employee) –  Portslade, East Sussex28 February 2019
call center, when i left there was not a positive atmosphere, very target driven, difficult job work life balance, but staff are friendly and hard working
good place to work
Mechanical Fitter (Current Employee) –  Retford21 February 2019
Excellent firm to work for good job prospects chance for progression good salary and benefits
Well lokked after with private health scheme and other benefits
Pros
local
customer service advisor
Emergency Customer Service Adviser (Former Employee) –  Sunderland, Tyne and Wear20 February 2019
working to individual and team selling targets helping customers with day to day enquiries regarding gas and electricity accounts. I enjoyed meeting the needs of customers problems.
High expectations
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Worthing, West Sussex5 February 2019
Their expectations of your job role are so high, the pay is good though and high chances for career progression. Full time hours are either 8-4 or 9-5. Back in the days you had to do 10-6 on a rota basis. overall good company to work for.
Pros
pension scheme is good
Cons
high expectations
overall not a nice place to work
Sales Advisor - Full Time (Former Employee) –  parseq1 February 2019
training was all going well until you are threw on the phones with basically no knowledge of support. this made me leave my job as I new basically nothing useful on how to work their systems.
Customer Finance Teams
Customer Finance (Former Employee) –  Croydon, Greater London21 January 2019
Awful place to work AVOID, they have undergone a massive transformation and cut loads of jobs, in this process they have lost at of information and knowledge.

Middle Management are terrible, put a lot of pressure on Analyst, constantly told "your job is under threat" A lot of junior staff are leaving due to unrealistic work targets and over bad bad management. Middle management tend to bully younger staff, Senior leadership team are not bothered and offer no support or advice on issues.

They seem to promote a fake culture of support and happiness, when 90% of new joiners hate it, there is no supportive culture, which is obvious within two weeks of joining.

No working from home, no bonus, no progression.
Pros
Some decent young people
Cons
Joke Middle Managers, no real support....
Awfull
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Hove13 January 2019
After 34 years of service I was treated like I was no longer of any use, clear off and make way for the new 6 month contracts was the order of the day.To someone who doesn't know any difference this company will pay the bills but don't expect a happy working environment. I hated my last couple of years.
Pros
Free parking
Cons
Young team leaders who acted like bullies
I really enjoyed my 10 years at EDF.
HR Business Partner Consultant, SME (Former Employee) –  Brighton/London2 January 2019
Great company to work for - I had invaluable experience in the 10 years I worked there. I only left as I had the opportunity to take a very substantial voluntary redundancy and my department was going in a direction I did not want to go.

So much experience and training I obtained in my years at EDF.
A great company to work for
Team Manager (Current Employee) –  Doxford1 January 2019
I am currently in a management role but completed 8 years as a Customer Sevice Advisor and 4 years as a Team Performance Coach.

A typical day for a CSA would be to deal with various different customer queries, take payments, explain bills, take meter readings, manage complaints and agree new contracts. Depending on the area of the business you are placed in you may deal with specialist activities such as appointments, smart metering or prepayment.

The role is challenging and no 2 days are the same. The company has set KPI's as do all CSA's. Each month a 121 is held with your manager to discuss performance, development and set objectives.

There is a lot of opportunity to progress or side step into the business and often there are roles advertised on the company's internal job page. Alot of CSA's are happy in their role and some are long standing members of staff who find doing their role very rewarding.

The work place is very diverse and there is a strong sense of community in Doxford. We have seen many changes over the past few years, some of which have been very challenging with system changes and restructures. We are working in a fast paced environment for change and and we have all learned to embraced those changes which have led to a much better way of working.

The challenges for me were that you are dealing with pretty much every type of call with little need to speak to other departments, almost making you a 'super user'. To complete your duties effectively you have to be switch on, prepared and willing to put the graft in. You are targeted and on
  more... call handling time as well as sales, payments etc. It can be difficult to find the right balance but the support is there to help you.

The most enjoyable part of the role was meeting some fantastic people who will be life long friends throughout the business. Also, the fact that you can help customers in different situations to find a positive outcome makes the job so rewarding. The wage, pension and other benefits are something you don't usually get with other companies.

A truly great place to work which has shaped my career from 2004.
Would not recommend
Analyst (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London5 December 2018
Obtuse middle management, stuck in their old ways. Adverse to change, refusing to listen to anyone else other than their own voices. Good learning opportunities if you can survive the blame culture.
Pros
Decent benefits
Cons
Awful middle management