Edenmore nursing home

Edenmore nursing home Employee Reviews

Very judgemental, rude staff and gang up on new staff, only a few nice staff memebers, management isn't very nice, always sticks up for her daughter i felt attacked by different staff members. Horrible place to work!
Pros
Residents
Cons
everything
As a nurse I was apprehensive coming to work in a nursing home because my previous experience of working in a nursing home, when compared to working in hospitals etc, had not been good. I was nervous I wouldn't fit in or wouldn't like the environment. Coming to work at Edenmore I have actually ended up preferring working in this nursing home over working in other nursing environments. There is always something interesting going on and I can provide a more personalised style of care which I love. There is good communication throughout the team (manager, nursing, care, kitchen and cleaning staff) which has really helped my transition. I would recommend Edenmore to any of my nurse friends!
Pros
Great enviroment, great people
I was here only a short period of time and then left This company will paint a glossy picture of how it works Nothing is further from the truth. Clicky rude staff who gang up on others to belittle them Management are beyond useless
Pros
Leaving
Cons
Awful place
I worked here for 7 years, I sadly had to leave due to not being able too work any more, the work colleagues are amazingly supportive of one another, and the manegars are fantastic! Approachable, fair and will do anything they can to help you. Very lovely place to work all round.
Pros
Great team work, very supported
during the short time i worked here my manager tried to gaslight me on several occasions as well as telling me my job should come before a family crisis. Some of the people working there are so lovely bust most were patronising and rude.
Pros
helping people in need
Cons
everything else
I feel really sorry for the people living here. Always short staffed, underfunded, and conditions are awful. The job description is misleading and they deduct the costs of the training (Which is rubbish) from you... be wary of the contract. Profit seems to, unfortunately, be more important than the care given. If you want to be overworked, underpaid and undervalued... This is the place for you!
Pros
Most the staff are awesome and do their best with what they are kicked down
Cons
Management are lying two faced scumbags.
Everyone had there own personal stamp upon their room, staff were really supportive and it was on beautiful grounds.
It was a nice place to work for, but I had to leave because I was getting too emotional because my Nan had just passed away, there for it was bring up memories and I couldn't work there anymore.
Very judgemental, rude staff and gang up on new staff, only a few nice staff memebers, management isn't very nice, i felt attacked by different staff members.
This was a good firm to work for. Unfortunately the wages do not reflect the job you do, but this is the same in most care homes. I loved this job and found it very rewarding
lovely staff they all look after each other, amazing training given and also can do your care certificate here. Lovely place to work loved every minute of it.
A typical day was to ensure that the residents were living in a clean and tidy environment. Co workers were a good team. The hardest part of the job was the emotional side of it. You get to know some of the residents quite well so, its difficult when they pass away. The most enjoyable part was listening to their stories.
Pros
Knowing that you've helped
Cons
Emotional at times