Eden Hotel Collection Employee Reviews for Housekeeper

Just don't...this is a disgusting company to work for - you have been warned!
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  The Mount Taunton17 August 2019
I would give this 0 stars if I could. Firstly, this is NOT a 4 star hotel - think ripped curtains, stained carpets and furniture that is never replaced.

Management is approachable but is NOT assertive - does not take control of the situation and preferring to hand it over to 'HR'. I had a problem with another staff member which got passed over to HR. After 3 months, they still hadn't sorted it out and promptly ignored any emails that I sent to clarify the situation. When another problem occurred with a second staff member it was handed to 'HR' again with no follow-up which was absolutely atrocious (therefore the problem in hand escalated). If I had stayed I would have needed to have sought legal action (because of this situation I had to literally walk out of my job).

Meals are free at lunch time but are of a dire quality - sometimes just a bit of salad somehow qualifies as a meal! No good if you are vegetarian as most of the food is what is left over from breakfast (poor quality sausages and bacon). Also no portion control so some staff members will take more than their fair share and leave none for others.

Extremely lax on training - no Fire Safety training, Manual Handling or COSHH, when it is an absolute legal requirement to provide this upon induction. The job description claiming that they will invest in you by offering training etc is an insult and a falsehood - they do no such thing.

No set cleaning standards so parts of rooms (such as baths) are not cleaned properly, which is vile. Tasks are not fairly shared out so the same staff members will
  more... get away with doing the bare minimum, although of course this is partly due to having an inept managerial department with no idea of standards or discipline.

Overall this is a company with a complete lack of standards and unfortunately the staff in my department matched these lack of standards with laziness, ignorance and cowardice. If you have a serious problem YOU WILL NOT BE HELPED.
Pros
Cons
All the above