Eden Hotel Collection Employee Reviews

Just don't...this is a disgusting company to work for - you have been warned!
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  The Mount Taunton17 August 2019
I would give this 0 stars if I could. Firstly, this is NOT a 4 star hotel - think ripped curtains, stained carpets and furniture that is never replaced.

Management is approachable but is NOT assertive - does not take control of the situation and preferring to hand it over to 'HR'. I had a problem with another staff member which got passed over to HR. After 3 months, they still hadn't sorted it out and promptly ignored any emails that I sent to clarify the situation. When another problem occurred with a second staff member it was handed to 'HR' again with no follow-up which was absolutely atrocious (therefore the problem in hand escalated). If I had stayed I would have needed to have sought legal action (because of this situation I had to literally walk out of my job).

Meals are free at lunch time but are of a dire quality - sometimes just a bit of salad somehow qualifies as a meal! No good if you are vegetarian as most of the food is what is left over from breakfast (poor quality sausages and bacon). Also no portion control so some staff members will take more than their fair share and leave none for others.

Extremely lax on training - no Fire Safety training, Manual Handling or COSHH, when it is an absolute legal requirement to provide this upon induction. The job description claiming that they will invest in you by offering training etc is an insult and a falsehood - they do no such thing.

No set cleaning standards so parts of rooms (such as baths) are not cleaned properly, which is vile. Tasks are not fairly shared out so the same staff members will
  more... get away with doing the bare minimum, although of course this is partly due to having an inept managerial department with no idea of standards or discipline.

Overall this is a company with a complete lack of standards and unfortunately the staff in my department matched these lack of standards with laziness, ignorance and cowardice. If you have a serious problem YOU WILL NOT BE HELPED.
Pros
Cons
All the above
Mallory Court - just don’t
Not what it should have been (Former Employee) –  Leamington Spa, Warwickshire18 May 2019
Worked there 2017-2018 , and I was living in staff, I remember having to eat christmas dinner in my bed and new years eve the same(and all my other dinners for 6 months almost), because there was no table in my room and they closed the staff lounge and we had no access to the staff cantine .
if you are not living in staff, it is just another job... with good and bad , but don’t work for the Main house, the stress is enormous and artificial .
Pros
Training
Cons
staff food/staff acomodation/kitchen staff(main house)
Brilliant
Junior Sous Chef (Former Employee) –  West Midlands8 May 2018
I worked at two hotels in the Eden hotel Collection. I learnt a lot whilst working for this company. The management were great and I was promoted in both hotels I worked at so progression in your career is an advantage and always felt possible
Good
Front of House Staff (Current Employee) –  Kidderminster27 January 2018
Good company to work for, lots of training given. Management is not always efficient or approachable. Hardest part of the job is the long hours. Good part of the job is working in a beautiful setting.
Great Atmsphere
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Kidderminster, ENG15 November 2013
I really enjoyed working here so many new opportunities.
Also a lot of equality and diversity was used on a everyday basis.
Pros
Great Staff
Cons
Travel