Eden Futures Employee Reviews

General feedback
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  England16 April 2019
If you thoroughly care about people then stay away.
They think about money not service users or staff
They value certain staff if your face doesn’t fit or you work hard they will give u rubbish hours
Worst care company
Support worker full time (Current Employee) –  Nuneaton,15 April 2019
I have worked at this unit for a while now and cant believe what goes on,
No consistency with staff, no one to one time with clients, staff allowed on phone all day, even when supporting clients, some staff have a lot of sick days but nothing is done about it,management dont deal with complaints made, staff do as they please, carecoordinator,s lied too as are clients familys, REALY DONT BOTHER.
Pros
Clients and the good staff
Cons
Beware, not a care company
So angry (Current Employee) –  Not saying15 April 2019
I would like to say how bad this company is, a client was so exited to meet a member of the management to show a completed piece of art work, he was told a management team would be taking a picture and putting it in the monthly news letter, management said she
Had a meeting and could not make it, disgusting.
Pros
Clients
Cons
Area manager and team leader
Stay Clear!
Secret (Current Employee) –  Heanor, Derbyshire14 April 2019
I will be leaving myself soon, as many others have and will be! This company is all about the money, they do not care about the service users or staff! Saying that, the staff can get away with anything...stealing, manipulating the service users to benefit themselves (even to go on a dream holiday with them at their expense!), sit on your backside all day playing with your phone instead of looking after your charge, its the perfect job for idle people with no morals! The really good and caring staff here are a credit, but that is nothing to do with management, it is to do with they are good and caring people anyway! Always understaffed and the service users suffer because of this. A few of us have suggested Watchdog to "rate" Eden or someone else go in with undercover staff. Then everyone will see themselves what we and the poor service users have to go through!
Pros
The Service Users and the decent staff
Cons
Only work here if you want to experience poor mental health
support worker (Former Employee) –  Lincoln14 April 2019
Eden Futures is one of the WORST companies to work for. They care more about profits then care, so much so that they would lie on support plan and to families and social workers just to keep the clients. The company don't respect the service users, don't respect the support staff and expect us to do all the work and not give any thanks. They hire management who don't understand life itself, and will force the staff to work beyond their means and their agreed working hours. They don't care if your off sick as it's an inconvenience to the management, who then actually have to get off their chair and do some wort. They are quick to blain staff for anything that's wrong without looking into the issue first. They suspend staff for having an opinion and for pointing out how unsupported we as staff are. They lie to CQC and they honesty don't care. Don't let your loved one live here, don't come to work here, and please don't give them the time of day. Eden Futures is toxic, the management is toxic, you forget what your home and children look like, you forget what a day off is and you end up becoming more of an admin staff then support worker. The company also support autism speaks, which is a charity that funds a cure for autism, the company don't care and still they get profit.
Pros
The service users, I've made some friends for life
Cons
Long hours, no brakes, toxic management, poor mental health, lack of understanding on how to care, lack of respect
Eden take responsibility for client,s and staff welfare.
Support worker full time (Current Employee) –  Not saying13 April 2019
Eden it's time to take responsibility and clean your act up, instead of HR asking staff to post positive reviews on Indeed ( amazing when it's on their terms they can contact staff but if we need to contact them we have to go through team leader)
I know a lot of staff in different projects and the same thing is going on,mishmashed clients living together,staff not trained,staff and clients put in vulnerable situations, asked to work every day without out any time off, lone working,staff sickness a joke and they get away with out any repercussions, the list goes on, and now yet another team leader has left due to work load.
Pros
I am leaving
Cons
Worst team leader left
Decent staff to work along side.
Support worker full time (Current Employee) –  SECRET.11 April 2019
I'm currently a long standing employee of Eden. You can see how much the company has changed over the years. The are all about the business now. They'll cut jobs and stack jobs onto others such as management, staff etc etc. The company once did care for the staff and service users now it's just a money making machine. In the years I've been in my position I've seen countless area managers come and go because they just can't handle the stress of the job. It not be long until someone staff/management or service user is seriously hurt or even worse either in my area on in one of Edens many other projects because everywhere is failing but as long as the money keeps coming in HR and the big bosses are happy. NOTHING is confidential too. Even though managers stress it's a big company policy staff AND service users know all sorts. Things about big changes with the company and staff's personal life's.

Human resources EVEN asked staff to leave good reviews on here because they is so much negatively!!!
The company is a joke and it's only getting worse. Avoid it like it's the plague.

also they can't even pay staff the correct wages too. The times staff have been paid wrong and been told they have to wait till next payday for their wage.
Pros
Get a box of chocolates at Christmas and a birthday card on your birthday.
Cons
Absolutely everything.
Honest review from former support worker
Support worker full time (Former Employee) –  Blackpool, Lancashire10 April 2019
Can I just say I have read through reviews and must say most of the negative reviews myself and friends from other units(who I met through the company) have experienced are true, lack of leadership,high staff turnover, made escape goats when things go wrong, covering team leaders when they are meant to be on shift, lying to patient,s familys about outings in the community, so many safe guarding issues. I came away from the company with a very negative view as it was my first job in care,However I now work in a very caring company who do have values.
Pros
Patients, and i made some good friends
Cons
Everything else
An honest review from a Team Manager
Team Manager (Current Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire9 April 2019
I am a current Team Manager for Eden Futures in Nottingham and would like to give an honest review of what it is like working for Eden Futures.

I came to the company with no experience of working with vulnerable adults (only a degree in Psychology), and was soon mentored by the Area Manager to become a TM after just 13 months. I was trusted with the huge responsibility of a TM role, and am very grateful to have been given the opportunity.

Like every other prospective employee, I was informed at interview stage that this was a minimum wage paid job, and like everyone else writing reviews on here, agreed to sign the contract despite the unfavourable pay. Like all other supported living companies, our local authorities are making cuts, therefore we have limited funds to spend on giving everybody the pay rises they so truly deserve. A support worker role is demanding, exhausting, and stressful at times, but all the more rewarding being able to enrich someone's life with emotional support, cooking them dinner, or even taking them on holiday. Some of our service users have lived with us for 10+ years, and we have formed great connections with them, their families, their friends, and their multi-disciplinary teams. I think if asked, 9/10 service users would feed back that they feel well supported with Eden.

I have been supported through some stressful personal experiences by my colleagues and manager (the Area Manager), and feel as though we offer this same support to all staff members who work for us. Although as a region we may not be perfect, and as individual managers
  more... we may not be perfect, we do our best to ensure the service users are safe and happy, and our staff have all the tools and guidance they require to fulfill their jobs. Staff receive regular training, have quartlery meetings with their managers to express any concerns, and have access to a 24 hour on-call system. Although the support workers do not have much contact with the CEO and the rest of the Executive Team, I can vouch that they have the interests of the service users at heart and are very approachable for staff at all levels. I disagree entirely that we are an unsupportive management team / company.

If you are a caring, positive, resilient person looking for a support worker role in Nottingham, where you have the opportunity to climb the ladder and develop new skills in an environment with vulnerable adults, Eden Futures is the place to start. If you would like a support worker job which pays £10 an hour and the rotas are perfectly to your liking, maybe Eden is not for you.
Pros
lovely service users
Cons
unsociable hours - not favourable to all
Great support network
Support worker full time (Current Employee) –  Nottingham City Centre, Nottinghamshire4 April 2019
I've worked for Eden for years and although changes have had to be made I still feel we are a caring team,not just for service users but for staff too.
Management are approachable but at times busy but still respond.
I've had great support from my management team following personal issues that I'm very grateful for.
Pros
great service users, every day is different
Cons
working weekends
Rude and obnoxious management
Management (Current Employee) –  Not saying3 April 2019
Management think they are better then anyone else.
Wont take constructive criticism, some staff know clients better than new management but management think they know better , which lead to client getting stressed out and having panick attack,
Wont say where this unit is due to knowing who we are making complaint.
Pros
Clients and staff
Cons
Most things
management bullying staff
General dogs body (Current Employee) –  Not saying2 April 2019
I have worked at this location for 6 years and have never been treated so bad by any employer, area management shocking, they dont want to know about anything that don't involve them making money or filling beds,
Only like to employ family members and give them team leader role even when other qualified staff were just as capable, absolutely shocking, went to HR they did not want to know, time to move on to a proper care company.
Pros
Teanents and some staff
Cons
Read reviews
Shocking
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Warrington, Cheshire2 April 2019
Complete mess of a company needs proper management proper pay and a real system of care in place with a proper Rota the whole training is also a complete joke
Pros
Non
Cons
Non
If residents family and friends know what was going on they would not leave loved ones in this company.
Support worker full time (Current Employee) –  Not saying27 March 2019
Absolutely shocking, no values unless it suits staff and management, taking on team leaders who have no clue, we know more than team leader reports to know, dont even know what diagnosis clients have, embarrassment dont come close,we had carecoordinator ask what this particular client had they had not got a clue,a staff member who had only recently worked in care for the first time knew more.
Pros
Staff and clients
Cons
Omg where to start
No support from management
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Not saying27 March 2019
Very sad how this company has gone, used to be a pleasure to come to work, but since the fat cats took over it's awful.
Nobody cares any more.
I feel sorry for clients, no structure staff leaving all the time.
Pros
Im moving on
Cons
Absolutely everything
Sad outlook.
Support worker full time (Current Employee) –  East Midlands27 March 2019
Tenants are mishmashed, causing a lot of dangerous situations for all involved. Management informed but dont care, we are told to manage the situation,
Untrained staff unable to cope, tenants losing out on key worker time, please dont send your loved ones here.
Pros
Tenants, familys and staff
Cons
Too many to say
Uncaring and lacking guidence.
Support Worker/Carer (Current Employee) –  Stafford, Staffordshire27 March 2019
Staff untrained.
Tenants let down all the time.
Rota a joke.
No consistency with staff.
Training a joke.
Agency staff unqualified.
Team leader ( when in work) needs proper training.
Wages always wrong.
Taking on people off the streets.
Fat cats getting fatter.
Pros
Tenants and staff
Cons
Look at reviews
Amazing company with inspiring leaders.
Team Manager (Current Employee) –  Lancashire27 March 2019
I am genuinely shocked at some of the negative reviews on here. I know people are more likely to leave a review when they have a negative experience. However, I would like to point out that the amount of reviews on here amounts to less than 1% of the workforce at Eden Futures.
I did not apply for a job at Eden Futures, in fact I had never heard of them. Until 3 years ago when the small company I worked for, as a support worker in mental health, was taken over by Eden Futures.
This resulted in a massive, positive impact on my life. I earn more, have a pension, more annual leave, better training and access to the advantages of working for a large organisation that genuinely cares about their service users and staff. There is also many opportunities for advancement in this company and I am an example as I am now the Team Manager of the service I originally worked as a support worker. Yes there are a few rotten apples in every barrel but in my experience every effort is made to weed these individuals out.
I now have a great job with loads of job satisfaction and work with a great team of people. In my experience Eden Futures is a great place to work and what we do does really make a difference to our Service Users lives.
Pros
Great company values, inspiring leaders, health benefits, pension and NMW hourly rate for sleep ins.
Cons
Can be long hours, minimum pay.
Eden futures East Midlands
Support worker full time (Former Employee) –  East Midlands26 March 2019
Following on from latest review at this location, getting realy dangerous, tenants dont have a chance to move on due to no 1_1 time with keyworkers.
Area manager shocking, dont want to know.
Pros
Tenants and staff
Unsupportive Support Provider
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  East Midlands24 March 2019
Eden Futures used to be a nice place to work for but in the last few years everything has changed.
Management are unsupportive, unprofessional and don’t even come to properties to see their own service users. Management are rude if you make contact with them, but they’re also like it to tenants. There’s a blame culture and encouragement to lie to professionals instead of taking responsibility for mistakes or telling the truth.
Staff are worn out with far less positivity these days, there is a high turnover and staff shortages all the time. If you help out and take on extra you’ll be abused from that day on. There’s more focus on e-learning than face to face training, and management expect you to do all this on top of your daily duties. Minimum wage doesn’t equal the responsibilities that we now have to take. There are days when you don’t even get a slight break and there is no such thing as a work/social life balance.
Some tenants are in the wrong placement and staff haven’t got the correct training to be able to manage their behaviours safely. Tenants are mismatched and placed wherever there’s room with no thoughts to the consequences. Other tenants are overlooked and miss out on their 1:1s because management can’t compensate for them.
We have some really lovely staff and service users but some jobs aren’t worth ruining your mental health for.
Pros
Some wonderful staff and service users
Cons
Area and team management, long hours, minimum wage

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Eden Futures. Our community is ready to answer.