Eden Brown

Eden Brown Employee Reviews

United Kingdom24 reviews
Great communication & management
Every day is difference and interesting as you are hardly are in the same school or class each day. You are allowed to work as many days as you please for any amount of hours that suits you. You get paid weekly as a supply.
Great place
Great company to work with. Managers are lovely and very understanding. Always have shifts available. They work well with their employees ensuring they are happy with their work placements
Pros
Shifts available, understanding managers
Love you when they want you
Initially they were good but they don't look after you once they have you. When you don't have work you are chasing them they are silent. Sometimes they will move other candidates in to your contract leaving you high and dry. They blow hot and cold.
Excellent company to work for
Great working conditions and back up management excellent money and staff were helpful and friendly couldn't ask for more from start to finish excellent
Great to work for
Eden Brown is a great supply agency. The staff are very helpful and welcoming, in my experience they have been there for me through any time I have approached them for support or just general advice within my school placements.
The only down side is the pay, however this goes with the job (supply TA) itself being a low paid job across the board, rather than being a fault of the company - for example, you will not get paid in school holidays.

Additionally, job security does not apply to supply work in most situations due to the nature of the work (this can vary). However, the staff are great and have kept me updated 100% of the way in letting me know of any changes or upcoming work.
Pros
Great management/support
Cons
Low pay
Easy to get along with
I found this company helpful when looking for work, although not much work was forthcoming.

The opportunities quickly dried up, and there was little communication.

When I did do supply, the workplace was excellent.
Pros
helpful staff
Cons
not a lot of work given
Eden Brown
Remotely supported left up to the individual to ensure training and development of the individual. |Eden Brown acted solely as an intermediary, All roles I obtained approached me directly and Eden Brown acted as the vehicle to process my salary.
Pros
Helpful finance team
Cons
Refusal to pay what they owe
After completing a supply teacher booking for Eden Brown out of the Manchester office I did not get paid when I was supposed to. The staff at Eden Brown were obstructive and very unhelpfull. This company is not to be trusted.
Pros
Cons
Dont pay when they are supposed to
Had to chase money each week
Admittedly I was employed via this company over five years ago, I had to chase my wages every few weeks as they never went into the bank on time then out I of the blue last year I had a tax request from the inland revenue for £600 that had not been paid while I was working via this agency even though I was paye, as I resisted joining their umbrella scheme.
Not a good experience.
Cons
Pay not on time, tax not paid.
Very interesting a diverse
I worked in many services so it kept it interesting and varied. I learnt a lot from all the services, And also how things should not be done as i have seen a lot of mistakes made over the years. I worked with a very diverse service user base.So I gained a huge amount of knowledge skills and experience during this time.
Pros
Varied and interesting
Cons
Unable to settle any where due to working in different places
Agency work
Agency work that was not really beneficial as there was no permanent place to be offered.
I was covering a very dysfunctional Hostel in Attelborough Norfolk, that housed up to 12 males, the management structure was extremely poor resulting in the clients continually breaching H&S concerns without consequences to their actions.

This post left me extremely disillusioned.

The actual agency manager that provided this opportunity was very understanding of my situation and could only apologies for the behavior's of the actual contracted staff of the housing provider which was Genesis Housing, it certainly put me off working with this provider again.
Pros
No pro's what so ever
Cons
Very Poor inconsistent mamagement structure
This recruitment helped place me in suitable job roles and supported my cross over from temping roles to a permanent role well.
Easily contactable and friendly.
Passion in delivering for their clients and candidates to the highest standards
An energetic environment which believes in delivering the highest standards and putting their candidates and clients first. I cant fault the work they put into finding me candidates, I have used Eden Brown for the last 15 years and won't use another agency!
Pros
They dont over promise and undeliver!
Cons
Time to time the candidates arn't there right away, but expected in a candidate short market!
A help in the time of trouble
Thanks to Eden Brown I was able to do what I always wanted to do, work within the Housing sector. This company enabled me to work in varying positions by which I gained so much valuable knowledge and experience. It lead me to a permanent position as Housing assistant with the then New Prospects company. I am grateful for the valuable and positive experience.
Pros
Constant work experience
great agencies
I have enjoyed working in direct access hostels and the diversity of work environments. I like the challenge of learning how individual organisations operate and the specific culture of each organisation.
Pros
flexible working hours
skilled sparks
13 - 13.50 for a fully qualified spark. you leeches are really taking the p. no wonder they call agencies flesh peddlers.
Pros
on those rates you have non.
Cons
bet you deduct tea breaks too
Great place to start your career.
I enjoyed working for Eden Brown Agency. Eden Brown has given me the opportunity to join the NHS and great taste of office experiences.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
No holiday pays.
worked for Dpl through Eden brown
good job Eden brown very helpful...didn't get what I was promised van and fuel card so cost me a large chunk of my wages wasn't Eden Browns fault but the company Dpl but job was advetised with van and fuel card so really Eden brown should change the job subscription apart from that co workers were great very friendly
Pros
could claim expenses
Cons
only a percentage of expenses can be claimed
Good company
Excellent company to work for and they pay good wages. I have grown to live love and care for the less advantage whilst earning. Gained experience in care sector.
Well established and job distributions up to date.
Was indeed sucessful to attain experience at various locations. Team work was essential and the staff in all areas were bonded and helpfull.
Nice team to work for
I worked as an agency worker and did my work placements in different places.
Pros
travel expenses reembursed
Cons
work subject to avalability