Eddie Stobart Employee Reviews

rubbish
HGV DRIVER (NIGHTS) (Former Employee) –  widnes19 January 2019
work here never again full of false promises , was losing my partner due to cancer was told by H R they would work with me was pulled and dismissed due to losing 3 shifts over 3 months due to partner chemo treatment stobart stay away from this company money rubbish
Cons
Very poor employee engagement and redress
Driver (Former Employee) –  Teesport, North Yorkshire15 January 2019
I have worked for this company since 2011. My experience has been overwhelmingly negative. Issues were raised with management regarding chronic bullying at Teesport, no solution. These issues were escalated to Human Resources and there began a poor attempt to investigate; no effective investigation, buried e-mails, contrived outcomes, all in all, a wholly unprofessional response unworthy of the broader profile of such an established company. Come on Eddie Stobart Plc, it's the 21at Century! You look professional NOW get professional Managers and H.R. professionals not your mate's wife, aunty or best friend!!
Pros
Work continuity
Cons
As stated
warehouse op nov 1918 to 1919
warehouse op picker (Current Employee) –  Annesley10 January 2019
theres some good dudes work here if your on the right shift, the work isn't hard you just pull a trolley around loading boxes on it for 12 hours its mundane and boring but isn't all warehouse work...I,m from building sites and I usually don't last two minutes in a warehouse but ive lasted here on my shift cos people are sound and managments sound…………..Its cold laborious and the moneys a joke but entertaining characters liven the day up , you could do a lot worse than to come here while your hatching future plans... if your an Alchy its good cos you can go on 3 day benders when your off
Pros
the people
Cons
minimum wage warehouse enjoy
work
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Warrington, Cheshire6 January 2019
stobarts wasnt the best place to work, it was cold wet and icy at times, ther wages were rubbish and always too many tremps in and out.. the night shifts were grusome
Ok to work for
Class 1 HGV Driver (Curtain Sider) (Former Employee) –  Greater Manchester4 January 2019
Worked for them as a newly qualified Class 1 driver. Had one mistake and they got rid of me 2 days after Christmas for an unavoidable tipped load. I learned the hard way that swapping a load at 6am in the middle of December in a Scottish blizzard at the side of the road is no excuse for an unchecked tipped load.
Pros
Company profile
Nothing special
HGV Driver (Former Employee) –  Cannock4 January 2019
Drivers don't park on charge parkings for nights out, You often don't get money back. This issue cost me over £150. New manager in Cannock is focus on empty milage. Charge services parking over company free parking because it is 6 miles Empty Milage or stay where you are and take night out even if that was street to distribution centre.
Official statement "priority for Stobart Parking and services, truck stops" in reality it is very different. I left after 2 months mostly because they don't give me money back for parkings.
Planers often don't answer phone and then ask why you doing nothing and not coll them. Night planers especially. Not helping with finding way through restricted routes to difficult to get place. I heard " You are the driver it's your job to find a way" and only advice to look on Google maps. Google Maps is for cars and not solve restrictions for trucks.
Long hours shift if you want overtime.
Per hour rate before taxation, you get less per hour.
Sites in Stock-on-Trent and Dagenham in London very poor toilets and showers. In Appleton very good.
Good accesstment days you get pay with some CPC hours.
They have some new trucks and trailers.
Company uniform.
Meal allowens.
Possible 6 days if you want.
Pros
Not to special.
Cons
Expenses issue. Parking statement issue.
Some stobart place are good
HGV Driver class 1 (Current Employee) –  Cannock, Staffordshire22 December 2018
I use to work in Coventry stobart place they recpected me and helped to achieve everything I wanted. I needed to move to Telford and so I joined Cannock depot... I thought they gonna treat me the same... I boy I was so wrong... Worst thing can happen manager's told me my cpc = my problems to solve... Even they tell what you what they provide whit training so now I'm gonna be 1.5month of the road because of poor managers...
Pros
Easy job
Cons
Long hours poor managers on some depots
they are quick to blame
Fuel Tanker Driver (Current Employee) –  Rugby, UK6 December 2018
They are quick to blame indiduals for incidents that they have not committed. If you are employed in one role they will easily move you on to general haulage without a second breath.
Pros
you can make some good friends who will stand by you.
Cons
the company does not respect the drivers.
Varied and Challenging Workplace
Regional Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Milton Keynes / Southern Region3 December 2018
In six years of working at ESL, the good days have far outnumbered the not so good.
Working in the Contract Logistics and Warehousing Sector certainly has it's challenges, but ultimately is very rewarding.
Pros
Stable Company
Cons
Too much red tape
fork lift driver
Fork Lift Truck Operator (Former Employee) –  Lutterworth, Leicestershire29 November 2018
In my 25 years of working ,I can honestly say this is the worst company to work for ,the managers are crooks ,too much favritisim, they don't listen to anyone, God knows who this company is still going .

Pros
Cons
everything
Driver Review
Hgv One Driver (Former Employee) –  Yorkshire11 November 2018
Worked for them for eight months. Enjoyed the driving side of the job, however most of the office staff I came across treat the drivers like dirt. Very long hours. Pay not that good unless you are putting in at least 50 plus hours per week.
Fun
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  warrington4 November 2018
It was an enjoyable work place due to all of the friendly people who were willing to help and answer any question wheather it was stupid or relevant, they were always polite about it.
Pros
long breaks
HGV Driver
HGV Driver (Former Employee) –  Sherburn in Elmet, North Yorkshire2 November 2018
Worked on Tesco good manager but constant vehicle change not good .But no real issue at Goole.

Worked at Sherburn really decent staff unfortunately the Planning Manager and the Transport Manager are a pair of clowns so if your into been treated like an idiot by idiots that is the place to go.

Stobarts have a great induction and the work is generally reasonable . 55 hours to earn a decent living but it is transport.

Would I recommend well as a company reasonable unfortunately spoiled by idiots in key positions . Clearly it should be judged by the depot because there were decent staff throughout the company unfortunately I met two bullies but there loss as there struggling to recruit or even retain drivers.😂
Pros
Decent trucks training
The worst managers
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Lutterworth2 November 2018
The worst managers. Especially night shift 1A. Bad work organization. They do not respect well-working people. If you want to have a good time, make friends with the manager. If you do not try, you get a promotion. If you have good relations with managers, you can make mistakes. You will get a promotion! the canteen stinks. Is small. Small toilets, dirty and smelly.
Good money for overtime after 12 weeks.
Pros
payments
Cons
Managers, mess, favoritism
Bad application process.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Rugby, Warwickshire16 October 2018
This is a review of the application process for becoming HGV driver at Eddie Stobart.

I got invited to Eddie Stobart for a driving assessment/interview. So everything went well and I passed. The gentleman who took me out for an assessment was patient nice down to earth so all good so far. They sorted out all the paperwork ect went through what shifts I would like and days for training.

They said I got the job and to give them my phone number and I never heard back from them I called a few times to see if there was any progress ... Was just excuses like there just sorting this ect. Id rather you Just tell me if I haven't got the job I can handle it and find somewhere else.

They have wasted their own time and resources and mine.

Also You can do 7.5 tonne work for more money !
Low paying fake pay rates best avoided
HGV Driver (Former Employee) –  West Midlands9 October 2018
The hgv jobs advertised at £11.59 are made up of all sorts of tax avoidance Stobarts use !It is is way less than £9 per hour, £8.60 plus meal allowance and get this ,Night out allowance is added in .What a horribly run firm .Obviously run by accountant penny pinching fools.
When you work for them they will not allow you preffered holidays .This is 2018 not 1918 !
Horrible missleading advert from a horrible firm that has ruined haulage rates in the UK .
AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE
Pros
Just liars
Cons
Dreadful pay
overall a good job
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Nottingham5 October 2018
busy workload.Need to work as a team.Management tend to be too secretive.quite a large turnover of staff.Hardest part of job is coping with irregular arrival of lorries both on inbound and outbound basis.most enjoyable part is getting the job done in time.
Pros
near to where i work
Cons
night shift lasting 12 hours
Long hours / zero communication / poor management
Agency Driver (Current Employee) –  Shepton Mallet, Somerset30 September 2018
Planners lack experience and the ability to communicate properly.
Vehicles have taken a serious nose dive,when it comes to condition and repairs.
Information is never shared,leading to confusion and stress.
You are a number, only a number and your opinion is unwanted.
Pros
Nine
Cons
Long hours/ poor communication/no real experience left in the business
Poor training and poor communication
HGV Class 1 Driver (Former Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire25 September 2018
I went to Eddie Stobart I got told “you will have a site induction and training”. When I arrived (after first being sent to the wrong address) I was put in front of a computer for 30 mins learning how to use a tail lift that was my training I had no site induction and I was promised container work only to be told your on general haulage. So all in all massive disappointment and empty promises avoid avoid. Also I found that they were poor with communication
Pros
Cons
Empty promises/ bad at communication
Long, painful hours but well paid
Packer (Former Employee) –  Bardon14 September 2018
8 hours per day, 5 days per week, £8 per hour. Lots of unpacking of heavy products. Lunch is 30 minutes long after first four hours (I would make lunch 15 minutes longer).
Pros
Pay
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Eddie Stobart. Our community is ready to answer.