Eddie Stobart Employee Reviews

Do not work here
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Sherburn in Elmet, North Yorkshire20 June 2018
Terrible place to work. Management sat on there all day not getting involved with running of warehouse. Expect warehouse staff to do supervisors jobs. No training given just there's a truck crack on. Any issues raised get unnoticed unless your a supervisor or manager. Expect everything from you including overtime at drop of a hat bit when u put your heart and soul into it your still just a number there. They don't promote threw the business or the site with people who know the contracts and the job. But let people train the new managers up. Just avoid sherburn at all costs
Pros
Cons
Poor wage poor management
Awful, disgusting
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Appleton, Cheshire15 June 2018
This place is the worst office to work in! The hours are long and when you do your hours they expect you to stay behind when your shifts finished. The managers and team leaders bully staff into overtime and if you refuse or say you can't on this occasion they threaten to take any good jobs off you and put you back in the 'bad' boring jobs! They don't care about your welfare or how you are they just want as many hours out of you as possible! The office atmosphere is horrible, people shouting and arguing all over the office and team leaders making staff cry with the amount of pressure of them!
Pros
Cons
Long hours, poor management, horrible atmosphere, bullying
Unfortunately the lowest rating I can give is one star
Shunter driver (Former Employee) –  Teesport, North Yorkshire18 May 2018
Extremely poor management very vindictive if your face fits you will get away with murder if not you will be penalised punished investigated and setup to the point of breaking. You can't class it is a secure position as if you're not favoured by management they will do everything they can to get you leave because your morale is so low or they will find some way to set you up to get rid of you.
Pros
Wage isn't too bad
Cons
Management are atrocious
Good work place but very bad management
HGV Class 1 Driver (Current Employee) –  Shepton Mallet28 April 2018
I took a job here thinking that it was going to be great but no, management don't care planning is very poor and you have to buy your own uniform. If you were to wait for management to supply you ppe you will be waiting over a year to get it. And your expected to phone up the garage and make your own arrangements to get your truck and trailer back and equipment is neber in the right place when you need it. Trailers always stripped by other depots so trailers never fixed to road standards and when your stuck and waiting for a mechanic or someone to repair your trailer it's your fault for not sorting it the night before. Not great
Pros
Tax free meal.allowance
Cons
Long hours bad mangement and extremly poor planning.
Friendly enviroment
Stock and Administration Clerk (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes18 April 2018
Typical day at work was positive. I learned a lot in administration and logistics sector. Management fine. Workplace culture high. There was no hard parts of the job. Seeing different people/ drivers every day was the most enjoyable part of the job.
Long hours to make a wage
HGV Class 1 Driver (Current Employee) –  Manchester12 April 2018
The work out of Trafford is fairly easy work, none of the jobs are too stressful or rushed. Hardest part of the job is trying to get hold of planners, decent enough people bar the odd 1 or 2, treat them respectfully and they tend treat you same. Hourly rate is poor, only £8.68ph between 0600 - 1800 weekdays, paid night rate outside these hours. Although you do get £15 per day tax free meal allowance which bumps your wage up. Getting holidays is hard work as it's first come first served and most savvy drivers have their holiday forms in 1st working day of January. Only day off at Christmas is Christmas day, any other days need to be booked and probably refused.so make sure you give any holiday dates at interview as they will honour them. Operation manager at trafford is a decent bloke and fairly approachable. Top and bottom of it, easy job if you have the right attitude, Hot heads don't seem to stay long. It can be long hours, can be a fair bit of waiting time. Ignore the stobart haters, its what you make it.
Pros
Steady work. Not a bad bunch of lads. Ok trucks
Cons
Poor hourly rate. Big outfit so you're just a number. Can't plan a social life or Holidays
Busy, but a great place to work
POD/Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Dartford9 April 2018
Being a Part Time employee, i still managed to gain skills to carry through to a more permanent position.

Enjoyable friendly office atmosphere, great manangers.

A great place to work.
Fun
(Production Line Worker)/Containers (Former Employee) –  Runcorn26 March 2018
Working at Eddie Stobart is a fun and enjoyable job the only downside I can think of is when I'm on Co-Pac I'm not guaranteed a full weeks work due to it being a 0 hour contract unlike the Warehouse part which is a Mon - Fri shift and Weekend overtime if choose to do it also with warehouse there is an increase in wages after 13 weeks and the possibility of being taken on by Stobart .
Pros
Possibility of being taken on and wage increase in the Warehouse
Cons
Co-Pac not Guaranteed full week of work or sometimes no work at all
good job
HGV Class 1 Driver (Current Employee) –  Avonmouth18 March 2018
good job not bad pay planners are a bit hit and miss but no different to other transport companies good meal allowance scheme and good night out pay..
Pros
meal allowance
Cons
planners
Barely Compliant
LGV Driver (Former Employee) –  Doncaster11 March 2018
If you value your LGV Licence consider another job. The planner's are transport illiterate and the manager's are hopeless and I mean HOPELESS. This company has grown too fast for it's own sake and treats it's driver's like a dispensable resource rather than an asset, basically, no respect!! Planner's and Manager's have their favourites and it reminds me so so much of school, once the novelty of the cheap uniform wears off it's dire......you've been warned!
Pros
Volume of work
Cons
Too much to list
Terrible place to work
Co-pack worker (Current Employee) –  Bardon7 March 2018
A typical day or should that be everyday at Eddie Stobart starts the same way in Co-Pack, your placed on a line where your going to stand for the rest of the day either packing or stacking, if your not hitting high targets your team leader will tell you all to speed up, if you can’t keep up your out the door. Your treated like robots and need to work at a high speed all day. There is no communication from management who are constantly watching you. They change your shift with very little notice, telling you on the Friday your shift is changing from 8am start to a 6am start on the following Monday and they make things difficult or refuse to have you back in if your unable to attend work for any reason such as illness or a family emergency. Sometimes you can go weeks with no work. There is no good side to the job but the people you work with on the line are friendly, including the team leaders, it’s just a shame that not every team leader works with the team on the line, some just fill in the paperwork every 30 minutes then stand around watching or talking making the targets harder to hit.
Pros
Cons
Bad management
Worse company I have ever worked for in 31 years!!!
HGV Driver (Former Employee) –  Lutterworth, Leicestershire2 March 2018
Well, where do I start???

Such a poor company it is hard to put into words.

I gave Eddie Stobart the chance after all the negativity but how soooo wrong was I.

Management and planners were very unprofessional! When trying to explain basic issues that appear with being a professional driver, it was clearly going in 1 ear and out another. Matters are not really helped when neither of them have been in near a HGV vehicle in there lives!

Please please please read this review and seriously reconsidering applying for these clowns. You have earned that licence through hard work, to lose it to this bunch of muppets would be a bloody catastrophe.

PS If there was a problem, it was always the drivers fault/problem! Below is the song I sang to my incompetent planner when he/she would blame me for there absurd planning....

Its never your fault,
Its never your fault,
Always the victim,
Its never your fault
Pros
Cons
Everything and everything
Avoid monthly team
Payroll Administrator (Former Employee) –  Widnes, Cheshire26 February 2018
I have been working on a monthly team, it's been a nightmare. A team leader with no people skills, made me feel depressed and demotivated even though I have actually liked and enjoyed that job. Spoke to us with no respect, especially when the manager was not in her office (very nice lady btw). I have decided to leave as could not cope anymore. Unfortunately I was not the only one having that "impression", and there was a few people that left because of the same reason as I did - a team leader!! Something needs to be done about that, otherwise the high staff turnover will never change...

Wish I was on a weekly team, as weekly team leaders was sooo opposite to mine.
Pros
Cons
Poor work life balance
awful
Payroll and Pensions Administrator (Former Employee) –  Widnes, Cheshire15 February 2018
not a great place to work, hours are unsociable and no good if you have a family,
the weekly payroll team is great to work for but i would avoid the monthly at all costs
Cons
Very Productive yet happy place to be
Warehouse worker (Former Employee) –  Rugby, Warwickshire15 February 2018
I enjoyed working here, I like somthing different and that's exactly what it was, very hard working and lovely people to be around. The work was constantly flowing there was no messing about.
Pros
Kfc was round the corner
Cons
Only get 2 15 min breaks
good place to work , not conducive to family life
HGV Driver class 1 (Former Employee) –  Warrington12 February 2018
delivery to stores of goods return to warehouse of waste or returned stock completion of relevant paper work
good training for cpc. keept up to date on current issues in haulage
management not as good as it should be regards knowledge of route planning
a good company to work for, I enjoyed my time with this company
but needed to change from nights to days,
most enjoyable part of the job was going to work not many company's where you enjoy going to work
hardest part of the job was handing my notice in, really thought hard about that.
Pros
stress free, good work force, good training
Cons
long hours and nights
worst job ever
LGV C+E Driver (Former Employee) –  Corby1 February 2018
I've had some bad jobs in my career, but Eddie Stobart was the worst. Office staff rude, no concern for drivers welfare or respect for the driver. You was a number and nothing more.
Pros
Cons
Long hours rude office staff
Total blame culture
Transport Clerk/Dispatch clerk (Former Employee) –  Teesport, North Yorkshire16 January 2018
no one wishes to take ownership for issues problems. out of the team i worked with there was possibly only 2 or 3 decent people and team players. there was also a large culture of nepotism within the team.
Pros
canteen
Cons
long hour plain time overtime rate and expected to cover collegues
Good job, ruined by poor planning
HGV Driver class 1 (Former Employee) –  Appleton13 January 2018
Various shift patterns, crying out for weekend drivers. Shift starts time vary, anytime from 3-9am. They will try and put you on your preferred time, expect later start times as a new starter. Kit is all good, mostly new, trucks no older than 2/3yrs apart from awful LNG trucks based at Appleton. Expect long days so unless you live local or you hate your wife I wouldn't take a day job. Expect phone calls regularly from management telling you you've got to work out of other Stobart depots (Tesco Widnes) you won't be reimbursed for the extra fuel costs or journey time. If you have any delays you have to call the customer service department who never ring you back, regularly sat on customer sites for hours waiting for a call back. Training is excellent and the facilities at most depots are good, showers, canteen etc. Also as a new starter and on the 45hr a week contract you will have to work Boxing Day and New Year's Day if they fall on your shift pattern. If you can take a fair amount of being messed around and always working over your contracted hours then it's a good job, just keep your head down and don't make a fuss and they leave you alone.
Pros
Decent kit, easy work.
Cons
Long hours, being forced to work at other depots.
good company to work for
Traffic Planning Manager (Former Employee) –  Rugby12 January 2018
great place to work but was made redundant after 20years due to customer base moving. I would work for thwem again if the right role came up that was suitable

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Eddie Stobart. Our community is ready to answer.