Eddie Stobart

Eddie Stobart Employee Reviews

United Kingdom315 reviews
was ok
was good working there only thing alot of promise that can never be kept.
management use you for thefe own benefits so alot of loss potential.

overall was OK
Poor
Don’t go there! Worst company ever if you want working to death go there class1 lol I would sooner burn it than go there ever again ! You have been warned!
Good pay, bad managment. Avarge job.
Mangers do not realy care in most cases, may be one or two of them could be rate 5 star. One of the manager I have worked with, was on his phone litsening music, and asked about anything, looked so unhappy to be disturbed, on to You. Other one was a bit helpfull but when he thought he finished his part, switched on his tablet to watch movis.

Not professional!!!!!!!!

Other being on top of us

us, has no clue how to plan, not even bother to look on booking time, made most of his routes already late, unable to correct. Putting driver starting 19.00 job which should start 16.00. Unprofessional... I could say mutch more but in the end nothing will vhange, as noone care .!!!!
Worst job I’ve ever had
Good for new pass class 1 drivers for a few months experience. Your worked to the limit every day and your just another disposable number. Planners are an absolute joke and you can expect to be told your sleeping out when you run out of working time when you have no night out gear. If you hate your family and don’t want to see them again this is the job for you
Pros
New pass experience
Cons
Everything else
Planners
Management we’re pretty good to be fair but all the problems are the usual planners ! Just bossy kids with little idea , rude and very arrogant . Pressure to use as much POA as you can and an expected 80 hr week !
Good for newly passed drivers after experience
They do take on newly passed drivers which is good, but be prepared to work your maximum hours every week! Forget having a work/life balance whilst working here. I would recommend staying 6-12 months tops! Get some experience, then leave ASAP!
Happy enough
New to class one driving but have been driving class two for some years.
Been with eddie stobart for a couple of months now and I'm really happy with the job.

Pick up paperwork and keys and off you go.

Nothing difficult about the job,everyone helpful .

I would recommend this company.
Not what it was
Unfortunately a once family friendly companuy has fallen into bad management and economic decline - they are some good people but not enough to make a difference :-(
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Eddie Stobart?
Good company
Good company work from. Just a minus that when you working from agency they giving work only when its busy after that work stops for couple month and then they calling you again.
Don’t
Your a number not a person.

If the computer says so then it must be true ! They just don’t want to listen to the driver.

The idiots will try and take your hard earned money off job at every chance !
Pros
Cons
Idiot managers
Enjoyed the work etc.money not brilliant tho.relaxed atmosphere. Good work colleagues.
Keep your thoughts to yourself.as there are dobbers on the job.otherwise the job is good.money is poor.drivers are not appreciated enough in my view.i never had a payrise whilst employed by them.
Pros
Clean job.good uniform
Cons
Wages poor.
Avoid working for this company
Although they perceive themselves as the best of the best, they are far from it.
Arrogant management is their downfall. More interested in making money than looking after their staff. Complete lack of trust in anyone working there.

Pretty sad to say for such a company !
Dont bother looking here
Nice job nice warehouse but no chance of permanent job and always get lied to about wat work there is to do and management dont like any confrontation
That was terrible working for them
The depot that I have worked is not a place to work at all, poor manner from top to bottom. You just don't want be there. Huge staff turn over most of the staff are on 0 hrs contract.
Always opportunities
Good health and safety.

Good training opportunities.

Turn up, get your head down and work hard and you'll have no problems.

Work can be monotonous as with any warehouse work, however there are always challenges.
Pros
Opportunities
Cons
Ageing warehouse
Not very good at communication
Work for a couple of years now and it is a very badly run at teessport drivers are treated as a them and us attitude. Constantly told of no work and unreliable if I could find something better or similar I would happily leave.
Easy work but poor leaders
The work you do is very easy nothing to bad, the planners expect miracles from you at times and don’t care about anything other than getting the work done. Management talk to you like dirt and show no respect just feel like a number, but if you get on with the work without causing a fuss it’s not to bad.
Pros
Meal allowances, easy work
Cons
Poor management and planners
Productive and fun place to work
working at Eddie Stobart is great as it is one big family. staff worked together in order to get the daily work done. management is easy to talk and communicate with, i enjoy working here.
Stay away
Eddie stobart don't recognize time served experienced drivers they just want minions, steering wheel attendants. Maximum hours 13s and 15s all the time, no home life, may as well be single and go tramping.
Wages incorrect most weeks
I was a tramper planners do not book the correct working hours 2 or 3 hours short most weeks ops say they will sort it they dont, what a joke, have you parked up for 15hrs overnight, average paid hours 58 at £9 hour, one problem after another, trampers stay clear.
Administrator/planner
Really good atmosphere at work, people are happy to help and provide good training. Never had a problem with salary and in general I think is a good place to work
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Eddie Stobart. Our community is ready to answer.
2.7