ecotricity

ecotricity Employee Reviews

United Kingdom34 reviews
I was only at Ecotricity for 7 weeks but that time spent there was not enjoyable - they advertised the need for temp workers but not enough work was provided and therefore most days there was nothing to do.
The company and customer service is terrible. They scamming people don't work here! The management don't care about you and can fire you without warning! glad I left when I did.
Pros
Hour Lunch
Cons
Horrible Environment
Ecotricity screw staff and customers over on a daily basis. They do not care about helping customers, just about getting their money. You get 2 weeks of training that shows you a tiny amount of info and then straight onto phones with very little information, thrown right into the deep end. You get very little to no support if your struggling then gets fired for not reaching statistics in the middle of a pandemic. This company does not care about anyone but raking in money. Also, the Top Boss cares more about making a football stadium than actually keeping the world green.
Girl manager promotes bullies and those that watch tv shows during work- firing those who reported that saying’you desintegrate team and engage in conflicts’. They let conflicts and bullies go on, so manager girl cleans situation by firing people. Harassment at high level-they appoint competitive employee that trips you and talk around you’re stupid
Never received any formal training in my role and was expected to find out everything by asking. This is not always feasible as sometimes you do not know what questions you need to ask, nor do you know if you need to ask anything at all.
The working environment is fantastic and everyone as a result is very supportive and easy to get along with, but that won't help you when you are trying to do something important and are unsure about the task at hand, which is made worse due to the fast-paced nature of the work that means you or your colleague might not even have time to go through what questions you might have or other similar issues.
Pros
Great employee benefits
Cons
No formal training
My advice to anybody considering applying for this company is to save yourself a lot of heartache and don't bother. The owner of this company is is a hypocrite and funnels a lot of the profits from it to fund his football club. He makes batches of redundancies every time he needs his finances to look good. Staff are treated poorly no support is given once you are on the phones there is is a lot of stress with with no appreciation for your hard work and the salaries do not match to what what you should be paid for that kind of work. Not a very ethical company at all despite what he preaches he does not practice what he preaches.
the job security is atrocious and they claim to be great with mental health but they're awful at looking after employees and their well being and really bad at helping to manage work and external factors
Absolutely do not take up working here if you decide to get temporary work. While the pay for temporary work is good, the way you are treated is not. They have little consideration for their temporary staff, offering next to no training, expecting you to be on the ball before you even start the job. Not only do they treat their customers poorly, leaving questions/complaints emails sitting in their contact centre for months, to be passed around by everyone in there and never be done, but they will treat you poorly as well. So-called supervisors and managers are unprofessional, taking to favouritism, and talking down on temporary workers, not only that, but they will lead you to believe that everyone on your team is losing their job, when in reality, it’s just you, and the rest of your team is being scattered elsewhere. The CEO has absolutely no idea what he’s doing. His staff don’t take to criticism well, going so far as to remove the person who criticised them, and place them in a different department. Whether you meet targets or not, you are still treated badly, and when you work quicker than others, you’re made to feel like everything you’ve done is useless and sub-par. For the sake of your own sanity, do not work here. It doesn’t get better, and it’s completely mind numbing to work for a company so unprofessional and carelessly led.
In my experience, a typical day at work in the call centre includes signing into your computer and dealing with a 9 hour stream of backlogged, poorly handled customer complaints/queries. All while navigating the long-winded, backward and outdated computer software. Training on these systems is depressing and staff adopt a blasé 'you'll get used to it' attitude.

Some genuine staff members, although my impression is that most don't really care about green energy and can't explain to customers why ecotricity is one of the most expensive energy providers. Certain staff in the company seem inexperienced for their role. Social bias rife - middle management who have climbed the ladder feel entitled and poor organisation is not uncommon. Minimum career progression and minimum wage.

Redundancies are common and staff turn over is high, the company seems to be dissolving. Take these as red flags and consider all options before applying.
Having been at the company for over a year and having worked with people and teams across the entire business, I've had a good opportunity to understand how everyone works and their approach to work life - I've always been impressed with the people and their passion for being the greenest company in Britain. It's a positive and lively atmosphere, and fast paced allowing for internal progression.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at ecotricity?
The CEO doesn't know what he is doing and doesn't get involved, there are redundancies every few months but they just pay people to go rather than do it properly and salary is not good. work life balance is good if you live close and you finish at 4.
Hardware was the main focus in this role - supporting 3 buildings from all ages to different job types.

Mainly a younger scene supporting them in their day to day role.
Pros
Discount in the local town
Cons
Poorly Managed company
It takes a certain kind of person to work here but at least they train you well. Expect long hours, working on weekends and bank holidays and answering call after call.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
My time working at Ecotricity will not be looked back upon well. I started off in one department for less than a week before being moved to another straight away. The upper echelons of management changed a number of times, and the companies aims and objectives were changed each months so there was no real drive or goals for employees. I have learning difficulties, and these were not at all supported or helped during my time there. I was often told not to write ‘too formally’ and often had to call customers several times in a month even when explained to why we couldn’t call them.

Due to the amount of new staff always being recruited I should have seen it as a warning sign of things to come. The training and aura around the place is depressing. The high staff turnover really summarises it.
Pros
Non uniform, Free Gym membership
I got employed for 1 specific job role.

I worked that role for 2 weeks..

I then got moved to another job role, worked that for 3 weeks.

You'll be surprised here, I got moved again to the contact centre - from the interview date, I told them I specifically didn't want to work in the contact centre and they agreed they wanted me and will meet my needs.

I gave it my best shot but the support for struggling staff members is AWFUL! If you ask a colleague for help they will either bat you away to someone else or give you the most unhelpful information ever, and will not let you pass the call to someone else.

-the contact centre has a underlying aura of passive aggression, and the management are only power hungry and will have a patronising chat with you if you are not reaching targets. The head of the contact centre walks around in his socks, and the staff members took drugs at the Christmas do at Westonbirt School.

I was never signed off on writing emails because I wrote them 'too formally'. So imagine a busy contact centre, calls queing up, and I have to call a team leader over to read my emails....And then getting penalised for writing 'I have' instead of 'I've'. Shocking.

Flipping fantastic place to work if you're a moron, I sympathise with the customers having to deal with such shocking customer service procedures.
Pros
You can walk around in your socks...
Cons
Absolutly everything darling, save yourself the trouble.
It's a fast paced and ever changing place to work. The CEO has strong values which are relayed in the business around environmental conscientiousness.
Its hella chilled and no uniform and they dont mind if youre lgbt and covered in tattoos and with 99 piercings,

wild partys and good colleagues who love a laugh while working
Writing this after the most recent batch of same day redundancies.

They are now totally unethical, handled the redundancies underhand and are now being investigated for it.

Current morale there is extremely low, higher management are mostly 'yes' men and women, just agreeing to the founder no matter what effect on the business.

Far too much money spent on FGR and eco Park.
Cons
Unethical to customers and staff, no longer does what it says on the tin.
Ecotricity have lost their way it has become an unfair corporate place to work.
Pros
Cons
lots
The training was not great, some initial training I should have had was not delivered. I did not like the micromanagement and there was no understanding that on occasions you needed a few minutes to wrap up a call.
Pros
Free tea and coffee
Cons
Everything else
There's a big perception that Ecotricity is a great place to work, but for the whole time that I have been there, I have not at all felt like I'm part of the team or felt valued.

I do not recommend this place.