ecotricity Employee Reviews

Power hungry management
Advisor (Former Employee) –  Stroud, Gloucestershire12 April 2019
I got employed for 1 specific job role.

I worked that role for 2 weeks..

I then got moved to another job role, worked that for 3 weeks.

You'll be surprised here, I got moved again to the contact centre - from the interview date, I told them I specifically didn't want to work in the contact centre and they agreed they wanted me and will meet my needs.

I gave it my best shot but the support for struggling staff members is AWFUL! If you ask a colleague for help they will either bat you away to someone else or give you the most unhelpful information ever, and will not let you pass the call to someone else.

-the contact centre has a underlying aura of passive aggression, and the management are only power hungry and will have a patronising chat with you if you are not reaching targets. The head of the contact centre walks around in his socks, and the staff members took drugs at the Christmas do at Westonbirt School.

I was never signed off on writing emails because I wrote them 'too formally'. So imagine a busy contact centre, calls queing up, and I have to call a team leader over to read my emails....And then getting penalised for writing 'I have' instead of 'I've'. Shocking.

Flipping fantastic place to work if you're a moron, I sympathise with the customers having to deal with such shocking customer service procedures.
Pros
You can walk around in your socks...
Cons
Absolutly everything darling, save yourself the trouble.
Fast paced
Team Leader/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Stroud, Gloucestershire12 December 2018
It's a fast paced and ever changing place to work. The CEO has strong values which are relayed in the business around environmental conscientiousness.
Work hard - play hard
business credit assistance (Former Employee) –  Stroud, Gloucestershire28 November 2018
Its hella chilled and no uniform and they dont mind if youre lgbt and covered in tattoos and with 99 piercings,

wild partys and good colleagues who love a laugh while working
Company going under
Customer care (Former Employee) –  Stroud, Gloucestershire21 July 2018
Writing this after the most recent batch of same day redundancies.

They are now totally unethical, handled the redundancies underhand and are now being investigated for it.

Current morale there is extremely low, higher management are mostly 'yes' men and women, just agreeing to the founder no matter what effect on the business.

Far too much money spent on FGR and eco Park.
The morals are all lies
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Stroud5 June 2018
Unethical to customers and staff, no longer does what it says on the tin.
Ecotricity have lost their way it has become an unfair corporate place to work.
Pros
Cons
lots
Poor
Customer service assistant (Former Employee) –  Stroud3 June 2018
The training was not great, some initial training I should have had was not delivered. I did not like the micromanagement and there was no understanding that on occasions you needed a few minutes to wrap up a call.
Pros
Free tea and coffee
Cons
Everything else
A joke
Business Metering Co-ordinator (Current Employee) –  Stroud31 May 2018
There's a big perception that Ecotricity is a great place to work, but for the whole time that I have been there, I have not at all felt like I'm part of the team or felt valued.

I do not recommend this place.
Management are clueless.
Domestic Metering Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stroud26 November 2017
Management offer minimal support, we asked for more training several times over the 6mths we worked there and were given none. Our contracts were then ended due to not having the right knowledge because a lack of training.
Pros
good health benefits.
Cons
No support from management.
great place to work
Domestic Billing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stroud, Gloucestershire24 October 2017
temped for 3 months here and it was easy, great people to work with. pay wasn't great but overall enjoyed it. if they could offer more in temrs of sales careers i would love to work there again
Pros
great people
Cons
pay
Poorly managed
Domestic Billing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stroud18 September 2017
Working at ecotricity has certainly changed and is no longer a nice place to work. The targets are unrealistic, there are very few benefits and the workload is increasing yet they make redundancies. Majority of team leaders arent worth having there as hardly any of them will question the people higher up.

Im definitely looking to leave and know A LOT of staff feel the same and want out.
Great company with a good balance
Credit Controller (Current Employee) –  Stroud, Gloucestershire26 June 2017
Working for ecotricity has been great and very enjoyable. The stafff perks are good and the team I work with are fantastic. There is flexability when needed and training offered / updated.
Full time, Domestic Metering Assistant (Current Employee) –  Stroud18 June 2017
The company is overall amazing, with great morals and treats each individual member of staff fairly.You can be who you want and wear what you want and they appreciate you.
A Great Company
Microtricity Advisor (Current Employee) –  Stroud, UK26 January 2017
Working for Ecotricity is a pleasure, the working environment is always welcoming and colleagues and management are unfailingly helpful. During my time there I've learnt invaluable skills that can be transferred to many other job roles.
Pros
Amazing Job Perks - Such as Free Gym membership
Cons
Salary lower than I desire
Fun workplace
Customer Support Assistant (Current Employee) –  Stroud5 March 2016
A typical day at work would be taking calls from both happy and disgruntled customers, helping them with their queries and concerns.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the relaxed atmosphere and the my colleagues, everyone is helpful towards each other.

Here I've learned how to have a full time job in an office environment as I came straight from working at a supermarket part time.

The hardest part of the job is the inconsistent hours, I work on a rota and i don't think i get along with this.
Pros
Free Gym
Cons
Inconsistent hours
Fun place to work
Strategic Accountant (Former Employee) –  Stroud30 September 2015
Entrepreneurially led organisation with supportive management. Growing fast because in the time I was at the company the customer base went from 40,000 to 165,000. Little red tape due to Entrepreneurial culture. Working with colleagues who believed in a operating in a green way was the most enjoyable part of the job. It is now the largest employer in Stroud with plans to expand beyound Stoud's boundaries.
Bad Management
Customer Support Advisor (Former Employee) –  Stroud, ENG8 July 2015
Great job, but badly managed by inexperienced staff.

Mostly dealing with Ecotricity's Electric Highway.

Some processing of meter reads.

My former team has since been disbanded and the tasks split between several departments.

I've learned that sometimes you're better off staying put in a job you know rather than risking your job security by joining a company that only looks after those employees that "fit" into their cliques.
Pros
Great working environement
Cons
No proper support for disabilities
Good work environment
Customer Support Advisor (Current Employee) –  Stroud, ENG4 April 2015
Typical day is 08:30-17:00,learned about the energy industry, renewable sources and electric vehicles.

Management is good and the co -worker are competent and friendly.
Very enjoyable job with some downsides
Wind turbine Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Louth, ENG23 April 2014
A typical Day at work would be either carrying out a scheduled maintenance or fault finding. We usually work in teams of two or three people.
Over the years I have worked with some great engineers and gained alot of experience, not just on wind turbines but in other forms of engineering and even life. I have been on alot of training courses while at ecotricity. I would say that the training when I joined was a higher standard than what it has been for newer employees recently however.
The management is often the most dissapointing part of working at this company. Often organisation is poor and this causes inconviences to the technicians. Some incidents in the past have been dealt with poorly and this has been known to lower morale.
The hardest part of the job can be hectic scheduling and working late on faults that very little is known about.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the variety, travelling around the UK, and working with good colleagues.
Pros
Good money, Enjoyable work
Cons
Hectic Schedules, Bad management
Wind Turbine Tech
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  UK6 August 2013
Predominantly servicing Enercon wind turbines.
Also fault repair and working on site with contractors.

Management and little involvement and can work on own initiative most of the time.

Co-workers - We are a very small team, and are made up of apprentices and fully trained experienced techs and new starters.

Hardest part of the job can be the long hours and finding work-life balance.
Pros
Working on own initiative and supervising a team