Ecolab
Information from Ecolab:

Ecolab Employee Reviews

United Kingdom88 reviews
staff ok
pest control contract sales site surveys carried out, commissioned rate fair but top earners given prime geographical areas to work ie- London, sales manager unfair in comparing staff results compaired to London reps
Pros
flexable
Cons
very results driven and managers critical
6 May 2020
This is helpful feedback. We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts.
Overstretched
Nationals seem to care less about individuals.
There is a lot of idiots working in pest control.

Far too sales driven for me and their salesmen are robbers to be quite honest ( probably true across the board) but was embarrassing as a technician .
Pros
Some customers
Cons
Sales/monthly on call for a week for £70!/no dogs in vans/stupid uniforms
15 April 2020
Not very careing. Unpleasent atmosphere
Work is very repetitive on a day to day basis. Management have their favourites and don't always look after you when they say health and safety comes first but not always the case. eneral staff very childish
Pros
Very good benifits
Cons
Unpleasent atmosphere
18 March 2020
Thanks for your feedback. Fostering a positive culture and employee experience is important to us. We recognize we can always improve.
Don't look long-term
Sadly Ecolab are moving more and more functions out to save money, irrespective of quality.
Opportunities which were offered at interview stalled, then failed to materialise. Moral in all departments has decreased over the last five years as fewer and fewer people are left in the building.
18 March 2020
Thank you for sharing your experience. We appreciate your feedback.
Good job/salary, but staff poorly treated by management
Enjoyed my job here, good salary, nice colleagues, but unfortunately staff poorly treated by management. Asked for time off due to a traumatic family bereavement and was told they would have to end my contract if I cant commit. Disgusting. A company that pride thereselves on mental health and "support" cancer charities. No empathy or compassion whatsoever from HR or Management.
Poor management, unrealistic demands, high staff turnover.
The company promises customers the earth but does not have the manpower to provide the service promised. “Service Specialists” are put under intense pressure to carry out as many visits as possible by manager. As a result quality needs to be ignored...... until of course the customers see they are getting poor service and close their account.
Time and time again staff members come and go as a result of false promises the unrelenting demands made on them by manager to just get visits done quickly regardless of doing the job properly. Time and time again staff and customers go elsewhere and the cycle continues while the manager tells everyone what a great district he manages.
18 February 2020
A lot of walking
not a bad job if you dont mind pests.Being on call can be a problem some times.
The job is not a bad one just not enough money for whhat you are expected to do for it.
Pros
You get a uniform
Cons
You cannot use the van for private use.
18 February 2020
Always stressful because employees leave the company all the time.
I am honest, at first they seem to support you, but this is really so you do not leave the company andthe training is just a game for what you really have to do. IS A GOOD MONEY TO START.

Service Specialists are ALWAYS missing and you are covering areas that do not belong to you all the time, for this reason you are always pressed. Every month there is a meeting, but every time it is more focused on trying to SELL extra services or products to your customers. They never tell you this, but suddenly you have MONTHLY SALES GOALS AND YOUR WORK IS EVALUATED BY THIS.

You can work a weekend on some occasions, that is good, but forget about having a life of your own on weekdays, you will start early and finish late almost every day because YOUR AREA WILL ALWAYS REQUIRE OVERTIME.
5 February 2020
Thanks for taking the time to submit your review. We appreciate your feedback.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Ecolab?
Not what I expected from the ecolab hype
Every thing you do on a day to day basis is channeled through your phone.

In my first 2 months at ecolab the phone worked for only 2 weeks, so I was unable to carry out simple day to day tasks.

The office staff, IT help centre (in some far off land) and the ecolab technical team in Northwitch did little or nothing to help.

They were very good at telling your behind with schedule and targets
29 January 2020
Thank you for your feedback. We strive to provide a positive employee experience and take your feedback seriously.
Challenging and fast changing environment
An enjoyable but challenging environment, working to strict month and year end deadlines, with processes changing frequently. Adapting to change a necessity
16 January 2020
This is helpful feedback. We appreciate you taking the time to submit a review.
Great company if you are happy to work very hard.
Really enjoyed my time at Ecolab. Great company, great people and I was paid well, only criticism would be the work life balance. Ecolab take a pound of flesh every day.
16 January 2020
Thank you for sharing your experience We appreciate your feedback.
Awful experience
Working for Ecolab takes over your life, they expect you to be available 24/7 even though I had a part time position. Also you will need a spare room to store all of the spare parts that you are expected to repair/replace for a food safety auditing role.
Very professional company
I really enjoy working for Ecolab as their benefits and people help make the company.
The company provide great training and support you in everything you need to become successful.
Poor management
Alright to work for management very unorganised have to constantly chase them to pay your over time. Apart from that is a decent company better than some pest control companies. The no facial hair policy is bit annoying.
Good workplace
Good workplace with good colleagues. Lots of change and challenge and opportunities for those willing to travel. Typical US Multinational environment with strong targets but good recognition for getting there.
Started off great,then went downwards as time went on.
Pros;I got to go home,Company Van and Fuel Card
Taken on as a Trainee,Job Security.Good Variety each Day.

Cons;Poor Organisation,Low Morale/poor staff retention,Poor work/life balance.Long hours,No care of staff. No support,or proper training. No/limited progression.
Production/packing line
Terrible place to work.
Treated like faeces and pointed and humiliated in group huddles when a small mistake has been made. Infuriating place to work.

Is also full of brainwashed uni students that think there are 70 genders.
Pros
Cons
Everything.
5 September 2019
Thank you for sharing your experience. We appreciate your feedback.
Think twice before working for Ecolab
Having worked for this company in two separate districts, I came to the conclusion that the management is poor, the workload is high and the targets set for technician's are ludicrous.
Pressure is placed upon the '' service specialists'' to make sales every month despite the fact that you will not be contrated to make sales, failing to do so will prevent you from earning a pay rise. This along with the other policies such as (But certainly not limited to) no facial hair and wearing hard hats everywhere you go, gives you a sense of being controlled.

Not to mention the uncomfortable and often incorrect size uniform, cheap equipment, old tired reused vehicles etc.

The only real benefit is overtime (when available) at a decent rate. All in all, if you want to feel valued, you should look elsewhere in the industry.
Good Place to Work
Very busy but managable workload

The systems where easy to use.

Workplace culture was nice.

My favourite part of the job were my supportive managers.
Pros
My managers were great
Cons
Job security
very pleasant palce to work friendly
Enjoyable workplace friendly good working conditions excellent environment friendly colleagues. good prospects health and safety important to them fun place
Worst management ive worked for
Wouldn't touch it with a barge pole. You have no life you are always chased when can you go here when can you go there. They want numbers and quality, you can't have both. Look elsewhere best thing I did was leave.
Pros
Cons
To many to mention.