Eaton Employee Reviews

Bosses are bullies
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Worksop, Nottinghamshire10 August 2018
After working at Eaton in Worksop For 19 years I decided to leave due to bosses being bullies, they belittle you in meetings and there is retaliation if you say anything, shouting and swearing at you, they preach ethics but there is none. Management don’t care about their staff or sorting the issues out, just turn a blind eye. You are just a number to them. No exit interview or trying to find out why I left to put it right, just want you out of the door ASAP

Don’t work there !!!!!
Pros
Good staff and friends working with me
Cons
Bosses are bullies
I enjoyed working at Eaton
Electrical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Titchfield, Hampshire26 June 2018
I enjoyed the general atmosphere with working at Eaton,all the people and managers were good,and everyone is treated well there. all the work there was relatively easy working to an s.o.p
Pros
Good money
Cons
Contracts end
assembler
Assembly Worker (Current Employee) –  Luton, Bedfordshire8 June 2018
no, communication so ever from top, to bottom management is not there that's why we losing all our clients we be out off job soon by
the look off it
High precision work place
CNC Machine Technician (Former Employee) –  Titchfield7 June 2018
Very enjoyable company to work for, the work was very demanding but interesting. There were high levels of responsibility required which was a part of the experience that I enjoyed with the company.
Pros
Good salery and benefit scheme
Challenging but rewarding
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow18 March 2018
Each day is full of challenges with great variety due to it's diverse manufacturing operations. Eaton set very demanding expectations, each person must go above and beyond the core requirements of their role so not a company for those who are content to simply do a job but for those who wish to develop, travel and push themselves it provides excellent opportunities.
Management effectiveness varies despite the company having a very clear set of principles and at times the culture can be quite harsh with a lot of organisational change and little patience for people to develop. You are expected to hit the ground running even when the job role is changed completely from the one you were hired for.
For a global company real opportuntiies to move to other roles are limited unless you are willing to relocate to a different country.
Depending on role salary is good and benefits such as final salary pension and flexi-time and annnual bonus are a real positive.
Pros
Final Salary Pension, Flex-Time, Bonus
Cons
Very high expectations, limited career progression, significant downsizing
Culture nightmare
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Sutton-In-Ashfield, Nottinghamshire26 February 2018
Management ask for the earth but give no support. Kpi's set directly conflict each other (OTTR against capacity that do not stand a chance of achieving OTTR)
Ever increasing sale targets with the same resources and no acknowledgement for the front line staff that work there fingers to the bone to get it done.
HAC are now in the process of destroying what little morale the staff had.
We're told MEDC is not a true reflection on Eaton culture but have no evidence to say otherwise.
Bullying is not taken seriously.
Grievance process not followed.
Training in all areas other than production SOP's is no-one existent.
Pros
Hard to find any
Cons
Way to many hours needed to keep on top of the workload. So many cons too many to list
Productive work place
Production Operator (Current Employee) –  Newport, Newport16 February 2018
Would print labels and leaflets to the shop floor production lines, clean and maintenance and all printers and folders.
Management listen and act if there are any problems.
Hardest part is when you need to complete orders and don't have the materials.
High lights are when all orders are completed and delivered on time and customer satisfaction.
exceptional benefits
paint sprayer (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands3 February 2018
Eaton was an overall good company to work for and if it wasn't for redundancy I believe I would have continued my employment until my retirement.The most difficult part of this employment was the travelling to Leicester for the last 5 months of my employment. I met a lot of good people and made many friends throughout my employment with this company.
Pros
Employee benefits
Cons
Traveling to Leicester
Decent salary, good benefits
ERP Controller (Current Employee) –  Titchfield2 January 2018
Very corporate company to work for which has its pros and cons, treat their staff pretty well generally. Salary and benefits good, but advancement poor, especially for the older generations.
Bad place to work
Goods in Inspector (Former Employee) –  Burton on the Wolds, Leicestershire29 December 2017
Where do I start.........?

The worst company I've ever worked for, lying mis-management, rubbish salary, I've had some jobs in the past but Eaton is absolutely the worst, stay well clear, even their products are complete rubbish
Pros
Cons
Many
Not to bad to work at
Storeman (Former Employee) –  Havant29 November 2017
Not a bad place to work at but wages can be low so you will expected to do overtime when it suits the management.

Could be more organised as many a time the store room would run out of stock because purchasing failed to order in time.

Good working atmosphere, fairly relaxed.
Pros
quite relaxed
Cons
low pay
Excellent work Enviroment
Materials Planner - Expeditor (Former Employee) –  Southampton14 November 2017
Positive friendly teams throughout the site. very busy so no CLOCK WATCHING with lots of option to do overtime Friday afternoon & weekends. Clean work environment
Pros
Positive Company
It was a good place to work supportive management and floor workers.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  West Midlands23 October 2017
I have happy memories here. Both my husband and myself worked here. At a rough time in my life when my husband was terminally ill all the floor and office staff and management were there for me. I was never alone.
Pros
Nice canteen
Cons
Dirty work
nice place to work
Logistic Clerk (Former Employee) –  Havant, Hampshire11 October 2017
Eaton hydraulic was great place to work. nice people who always was happy to help at my first days at work. company was following all health and safety roles.
Good co-workers
Valve constructor/tester (Former Employee) –  Havant, Hampshire5 October 2017
Tedious work, but can be quite satisfying.
On a day I would be building and then testing large valves.
I learned a little more about fluid flow.
The factory management are quite good, but they are driven by the next level of management whom has less understanding of the problems.
The hardest part of the job is fighting the boredom.
Bur the co-workers are all nice, so it makes the job enjoyable.
Large and Diverse Company
Operations Intern (Former Employee) –  Nottinghamshire5 October 2017
Many opportunities for young graduates, I was an operations Intern with Eaton. I had the opportunity for professional and personal training which allowed me to grow.
Productive place of work
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Doncaster, South Yorkshire24 September 2017
A typical day at work would be processing of orders, running and completing reports, making and receiving calls to customers and sales reps
Dealing with quotations and projects
Emails
Employee benefits
Buyer/planner (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands14 September 2017
Good rates of pay, company health scheme and sick pay from first day of illness. Plenty of opportunities to progress you career. Fast paced manufacturing site with fast paced supply chain team. Good colleague and team work
Worldwide Company, varied products
Section Leader (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands3 September 2017
Eaton is a worldwide organisation, and produces a variety of products from electrical to aerospace and truck. I lead a team of work colleagues and ensured the weekly plan was completed. I enjoyed all aspects of my role.
Pros
Reasonable working hours
productive and a fun workplace
Interim Financial Controller (Former Employee) –  Dudley, West Midlands30 August 2017
Work Experience
Eaton - Brierley Hill
Interim Financial Controller (one week)
• Carrying out general accounting and administrative duties
• Date stamping new invoices then forwarding them on to the appropriate departments
• Auditing accounts to ensure they are accurate
• Using computerised accounting systems on word and excel
Pros
good sick pay
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Eaton. Our community is ready to answer.

51.1K