Eaton
Here to help: Coronavirus update

Eaton Employee Reviews

United Kingdom144 reviews
decent place to work in manufacturing
Good place to work, health and safety is high, quality is high, seem to end up being stuck doing the same job day in day out, there isnt alot of variety but its manufacturing so its kind of expected, Money is alright if your on shift, but pretty poor on day rate.
Unprofessional
My personal experience of Eaton is bad. I was underpaid for the unique skill set I had there and to jump through the hoops to get my salary increased took an eternity even then what they offered me wasn't anywhere near enough. My advice if you do want a job here make sure you negotiate a salary you will be happy with for a LONG time as increases are few and far between. I went for an internal interview and never heard anything back until i found that someone else had got the job. Management is poor although towards the end of my time there it was improving due to some changes IE the old site manager had moved on. The most enjoyable part of the job was my work colleagues they were the main reason i stayed there for 5 years.
Main functions
Production of aircraft parts.
Manufacturing staff are on collective pay reviews arranged by union. Admin staff are on performance based system.

Around 800 people on site overall.
Productive and friendly shop floor colleagues
A fast paced production environment. Adequate management and relatively steady work flow.
Consistent weekly wage on the agency contract and good working hours.
Bullied then sacked
I worked at Eaton for 14 yrs.A decade later I went back as a temp in a different department.A female took a dislike to me and made of quite obvious I never said anything.She started false rumours about me so I went to the supervisor who knew what she was like.The next day I was sacked as she had made a false allegation to the manager.The company allowed her to bully me out of my job
My review of the company was and still is very good, staff are very helpful and very supportive just with the last few weeks of this corona virus! Has brought my contract to an abrupt end.
Productive environment
Fast paced environment, long working hours, can be stressful however good job satisfaction. Progressive employer who fully supports individuals with training and development opportunities. Good long term opportunities and job security.
Good Company
A good progressive company, with some great people working as a team. Greater expectations year on year for improvements. Not always recognised for what you do.
Pros
Good team of people
Cons
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Eaton?
Fantastic place to work with friendly people
Fantastic place to work with friendly people and environment. Will require to be proactive and enthusiastic in applying technical skills and hands on testing and report writing.
Good
Good company when there’s work ! Friendly good hours and pay . Just not certain about job as on agency and didn’t keep workers updated on positions . Worrying
Productive and fun place to work
going to work have few min meeting after this going to mashine and prepear for start if its not started swap the previuse person from mashine check if everything is ok and start work !!!
Demanding environment
Poor senior management in a union dominated environment which ultimately leaves middle management in a very difficult position and results in a high turnover of staff.
Busy all the time and the day go fast.
I worked at Eaton for three years as machine operative.The work area was good on our production line we produced parts for motors for dump trucks. i enjoyed thw work
Good company to work for decent wage for job I do good working conditions management ok definitely recommend only bad thing is the security man in the gatehouse who thinks hes some sort of manager or a team leader apart from him it's a great company
Pros
Good money
Cons
Security man
Teamwork and relaxing
Its good job and also you can lear different skills
People are nice and help on need also respect the time and follow the instructions in a safe way.
Pros
Free drinks
Cons
Normal hours
V. Good
The working day at Eaton begins with morning meetings of the various manufacturing teams.
In general the culture is safety and quality driven, with a fairly relaxed atmosphere.
Nice place to work
Overall this is a nice place to work considering the job. The hours are good, people are very friendly, team leaders are friendly and helpful. Relaxed atmosphere, can be stressful but quite laid back overall. Only downside is the pay is poor.
Depressing
Hated it. Tedious, boring, More chiefs than indians. Worst job I ever had. Too many people related to managers, getting all the decent jobs, or chances of promotion. Best part of the job was going home.
Fair
Hard to step up for promotions, really busy or really quiet.
Always plenty of opportunities for IT training.

Flexible with time off when at short notice
good place to work
Nice place to work..
tidy and well organized..safety allways first

Job benefits ..extra holiday opportunities and decent salary cant complain

recomend
Eaton is a good company
Just be yourself no need to panic because the management is very professional. They always treats people with respect. As long you have experience and knowledge for the job you are seeking to get, it won't be a problem at all.