Eaton Vance

Eaton Vance Employee Reviews

Overall a good firm to work at. Particular experience will depend on the group you fall in.

Well appreciated for the work. Most people are nice to work with.
Manager was horrible and condescending. Work day was typically boring and did not learn much. Workplace culture was filled with some helpful people while most were not. Overall, I would not recommend this position under my manager but I would recommend the company
No Chemistry
Depressing atmosphere

little career advancement

Low Compensation

Pretty good benefits(401K, health care)

Several Locations around the globe
Poor hiring decisions often times with little due diligence on the candidate, management layering, little opportunity for promotion once you're in. NO work from home
Also like many companies they are on a diversity kick where the white male is at a distinct disadvantage. I heard about 6-7 men fitting this description get pushed out not that long ago. Maybe b/c Eaton Vance purchased a socially responsible manager and is frantically trying to get their ship in order.

the 15% Profit sharing plan is about the only positive aspect of this company
Although I was only a co-op and not a long-term employee, it was clear that EV is a great place to work. I was in a more administrative role than financial, but could certainly feel my impact on the organization.

I can't say enough about the company culture: they do a great job of caring for their employees and making everyone feel welcome and important. Constantly investing in not just mutual funds but in their employees as well, EV provides specific opportunities for networking and professional development. They also have a great paid time off system. However, the people here are by far the biggest plus; everyone is incredibly passionate and enthusiastic about what they do, which is extremely refreshing.

Although I've come to learn that investment management is not the right fit for me, EV as a company is a great place to work.
Pros
Development opportunities, Job security, Caring culture
Great company to work for and I would definitely recommend people to apply to this company if they enjoy working with smart friendly people. It is a great change from the typical corporate institutions.
I enjoyed working for Eaton Vance. Obviously Boston is an expensive city and the downtown office is in a high traffic area, but the nice coworkers and work environment make up for it.
Everyday brings a new adventure.

Learned how important it is to be a team player and that it is very important to be able to get along with others.

Very passionate about inclusion; everyone being accepted.

Making sure that we sustain quality customer relationships with or clients.
Worst job I've ever had. Poor training - Unless of course you want to be trained by people standing behind you huffing and puffing and telling you that you are doing everything incorrectly. Unwillingness to change/learn. Impatient bullies and know-it-alls for boss and coworkers. Had to fit 90 hours of work into 50 hours per week.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
everything but the benefits
Just did not like working here. Management was indecisive about where to go for a project I was on, and I was just sitting there reading documents. Eventually I was released from my contract.
I worked for 6 months, in span of 6 months i observe management doesn't concerns about the the employees, EVery day we have stanup meetings, they are not following the agile . Old methodlogie water fall they are following
Eaton Vance is a good place to work, however they are old fashioned in some ways. Working from home is frowned upon and only allowed with manager approval. They also tell you you have unlimited sick days but after a respiratory infection knocked me out for a week HR complained to my boss despite a provided doctors note.
Company manages resources well. Their website redesign project was epic and a really great experience to be a part of. Great team, great company, great experience.
Cons
Got to be monotonous at times. Great atmosphere if you were also socially involved. Could feel left out if you kept to yourself.
However, could be a great challenge. Good people,

but you have to step it up yourself to be recognized.
Pros
Occasional added vacation days
Cons
Loud people in office
The culture at this company is not what you expect a typical investment management firm to be like. Everyone is so friendly regardless of position and there are so many opportunities for growth within the company if you just reach out.
I think overall EV is a great company to work for.The work is enjoyable and the people are nice. I just think that they need to make working from an availability. Their insurance is still pretty expensive and their maternity and paternity leave is really bad. They are not willing to pay new mothers and fathers 3 months off. The maternity leave is the sadder of the two.. it is 4 weeks half paid off and the remainder 2 months are unpaid I believe! They also need to rebrand their company to attract and keep young talents.
Overall a great experience. Great work life balance. Great Co-workers. Great Opportunities. Appreciative of every employee. Great Benefits and Salary. Boss was the best boss of my life.
I worked in the back offices shipping mail from multiple buildings and collecting mail and information. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting and networking with multiple individuals who were successful and learning some of their trades while still in high school
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
It was temporary
This is a great place to work. you should tell everyone to work here. This is a great place to play games. Managment is great. I love the snow season. I love seaport
Working nights one week days the next, with some days and some nights mixed in, couldn't really get in to a healthy groove. Life work balance was skewed. Great pay though
Pros
Pay
Cons
work schedule
My daily work was tracking and booking journal entries for cash activities and corporate stock ledger. During month end, I was responsible to making financial statements. I learned various accounting software, and making entries and statements in Excel in the real workplace. Not only the group I worked with, but also all colleges in the company were friendly and willing to help me. The most enjoyable part of my work was the nice working environment.