Eastern Western Motor Group Employee Reviews

Worst place to work
number (Current Employee) –  Dundee, Dundee City31 July 2019
Management dont have a clue what happens in place more interested in figures. Some staff got payed off with no notice and with no reason. Rip customers of by adding work that doesn't need doing. Terrible working hours. Company has drastically went downhill over the years. Most unorganised place I have ever worked.
Very demanding and disorganised
Parts manager (Former Employee) –  St. Andrews, Fife15 July 2019
I started with the company as parts manager and was full of great expectations after attending the staff induction and hearing all the employee benefits etc. I should have realised there was a problem after hearing the previous members of staff had left the company at the same time. This added to the problem due to a lack of systems training when i arrived. I brought with me a parts advisor who i had worked with in the past. The induction had stated if you refer a new member of staff into the company you will receive a bonus. (this doesn't apply to managers) (Child care vouchers no longer apply also) .After working a couple of Saturdays i asked how to log my hours and was told i would not receive any overtime as im a managers and on a salary! This was not mentioned during my interview (My advisor however would recieve paid overtime) .As my travel time was 50mins each way i opted to take the company car for the first month. Do your research as this usualy doesnt work out cost effective after considering the tax implications. My management "Salary" was so poor that after the advisor had been paid for overtime he almost came away with the same wages as me. The daily demands quickly began to grow to an unrealistic level along with weekly management meetings generally lasting over an hour. (10mins would suffice) No one seemed to know what the systems and procedures should be as basic errors were happening daily. The department had been neglected since the other members of staff had left and a backlog of basic problems needed attention before moving forward with demands of hitting  more... copious amounts of targets etc. (Dealer targets,manufacturer targets and group targets) sometimes for the same incentive. Constant micromanagement from the heads of staff. I was reminded that elearning would need to be completed in a very short time frame (This could be completedat home i was told) as well as a full stock check with only 3 days notice. A very shambolic place with no sense of priority. After starting the stock check i quickly realised how bad things were. Many high value shortages and previous errors came to light. The constant demands and stress of the workload were taking their toll. Both me and my advisor gave our resignation on the same day along with another member of staff who sat his induction with me on the first day. Staff morale is low which is a real pitty as many of the employees were great people to work with.  less
Pros
Coffee and sugar are free. (Bring your own milk)
Cons
VERY long hours 11 hours due to my travel time.VERY high demands.undervalued, low "Salary" No overtime"
Proud to be part of Scotland Premier Motor Group
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Scotland27 June 2019
Great Leadership
Financillay secure,family owned business, where staff matter
Fantastic facilities and best in class training
Best staff in the industry work here
Best motor group in scotland to work for.
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh14 June 2019
As above. Superb people and culture. If you work hard and are good at what you do you will earn very good money and become part of the family. Genuine people from top to bottom.
Pros
Superb working environment.
Cons
There are none.
How did I last so long?
Staff Member (Former Employee) –  Scotland7 May 2019
Terrible management and awful/negative atmosphere in workplace.
Staff literally terrified of Senior Manager and they knew this and took full advantage of it.
Incorrect wages/commission not paid to staff by management and no notice given. Staff would not go to HR due to repercussions.
No structure, poor training and no support offered. They'll bleed you dry and give nothing back, not even a thank you.
Unreasonable workload
Poor holiday allowance
Unpaid sick pay
Unpaid lunch break that was still grudgingly given.
No career prospects
No pay increase/salary review in whole time I worked there and this was 7+years.

It's only now that I've left and found other employment that I realise how badly staff are treated and how unacceptable it was.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
Bad management, long hours, no support, no structure, poor pay, witheld wages and commission with no prior notice, unachievable targets, ridiculous workload.