East of England Ambulance Service Trust Employee Reviews

Working in IT has so much to offer
Project Officer (Former Employee) –  Regional24 January 2019
I can unreservedly recommend not working in EEAST IT. I have not found any other organisation where bullying, harassment, intimidation, micromanagement, emotional and verbal abuse are all part of the exclusive package. You get it all here. Don’t worry about training or self development either, you won’t get any. If you are a self starter who can manage work flexibly and have a can do attitude then this place can offer nothing for you, there is no flexibility, it is over-bureaucratic and attending pointless meetings and writing endless reports is far more important than doing any real work. It is not all bad though, the management will back each other up and close ranks quicker than you can say dignity at work. Be assured that any complaints will be thoroughly covered up and you will be down the job centre in no time. Another bonus is that this ethos does not just stop within IT, the culture is openly ignored all the way to exec level too. Don’t hesitate to not apply straight away!
Pros
NHS pay and benefits
Cons
No flexibility, abusive and controlling management, toxic culture including bullying, harassment and intimidation, no support, no training, no career progression, bureaucratic, absolutely no trust.
Work elsewhere!
Patamedic (Former Employee) –  Cambridgeshire26 September 2018
Too many managers looking after themselves and not the staff. Bullying and harassment are rife. Mistakes are covered up for those who's faces fit, for those that don't you've had it.
Staff leaving in droves, always recruiting.
Staff morale so low is shocking. Always off late, poor rotas that are only going to get worse, any training such as mandatory yearly training has to be done on own time.
I regret ever setting foot in this workplace.
Pros
Regular pay
Cons
Long hours. No support from managers. No training support. Blame culture is rife.
It was an experience
Call Handler (Former Employee) –  Norwich, Norfolk4 August 2018
I accepted a role as an emergency call handler, I thought id be helping people instead I was faced with harrasment and intimidation,the culture here is just unbelievable and bullying is rife

If your face fits you'll be fine, very much a 'cover up for your friends' environment

My advice don't work here the environment will have an impact on you and make you a negative person, back stabbing is a daily occurrance
Pros
Absolutely none
Cons
Bullys promoted into management roles
i have no words...
Call Handler (Former Employee) –  Norwich, Norfolk11 July 2018
i cant describe how awful this trust is! i was based in Norwich centre, the environment is full of arrogant and passively aggressive staff (team leaders are the biggest offenders)

rude,unwilling to help, if your face fits you'll be fine

one of the biggest problems here is complaints and concerns about staff aggressive and rude behaviour is ignored and brushed under the carpet

bullying culture seems dominate here,

best part of the job? helping people at a time of need

worst part? senior staff who enjoy bullying and humiliating others(im not joking here)
Good company to work for.
Duty Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  East of England Ambulance Service21 July 2018
I have enjoyed my 30 years with the Ambulance Service .
I have always found it a good company to work for.
Generous sickness policy
Good holidays
I have no complaints
Pros
Steady safe career
unknown
Interim Quality Improvement (Former Employee) –  England2 January 2019
This is extremely annoying that you are making me complete this for every single job I have had. It is a lot more time consuming to an already long process of looking for a new job. Not impressed Indeed!
hated it
Call Handler (Current Employee) –  Somewhere24 June 2018
hated this place. Everyone is so rude. Is a relentless job of dealing with rude staff and rude callers which weren’t to bad half the time. There’s a reason they’re always recruiting.
Pros
Good pay + benefits
Cons
People, little support
I dont recommend working here
Call Handler (Former Employee) –  Norfolk20 August 2018
team leaders enjoy bullying staff

very negative environment

actively intimidate and harass staff to keep quiet about major issues

generally an awful employer, i can only speak for the EOC in norwich
Pros
helping people
Cons
arrogant, aggressive team leaders
excellent job - poor management at executive level
Emergency Medical Technician (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, Cambridgeshire4 September 2018
rewarding but extremely challenging. The target led environment does not allow clinicians to provide appropriate care and treatment to patients. Too many long shifts with extremely late finishes
just awful!!
Call Handler (Former Employee) –  Norwich, Norfolk9 September 2018
please dont work here its awful!! honestly the team leaders who are supposed to support you are back stabbing and are plain bullys... youve been warned... awful employer
Pros
Cons
team leaders

Want to know more about East of England Ambulance Service Trust?

Ask a question
Worst trust I have ever worked for
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Norwich, Norfolk20 June 2018
This trust acknowledges officially that is has a problem with bullying and harassment and it’s not wrong, senior staff are quick to blame and ignore any complaints against their “friends”

Please don’t work here it is truly the worst job I’ve ever had
Pros
Shift pattern
Cons
Bullying and harassment
Avoid
Call Handler (Current Employee) –  Bedford, Bedfordshire10 June 2018
Do not work at this trust in the eoc, there is a reason the are constantly recruiting

Rude and bully rich workplace avoid avoid avoid avoid avoid avoid
Cons
great job increasingly becoming bogged down with buracracy
Paramedic (Current Employee) –  Norwich26 February 2016
we work 12hour shifts which often become longer with late finishes,
the job has changed over the years from mostly emergency work to more primary care function.

we are struggling with a top heavy management structure but most of us really look forward to dealing with the public, trying to do the job with a smile on our face.

the best part for me is when you see your efforts have made a real difference to a patient and their family and they have finally got the correct help they need.
Pros
helping people
Cons
long hours and managemennt
Productive workplace
Call Centre Operator (Current Employee) –  Bedford, Bedfordshire22 May 2017
No two days are ever the same, some things happen which you cannot plan for, but everyone always pull together to make it work. There is good teamwork between staff and the people are a joy to work with.
The hardest part of the job is the shift work, it is something which is very hard to get used to, especially at the beginning. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to speak to members of the public and getting a feeling that you are making a difference to their lives, it is very rewarding.
Pros
Flexible working
Pleasant good solid employers
Customer Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Great Yarmouth, Norfolk30 October 2017
Fair good people nice environment
Good conditions
Good prospects
Good support network
Professional and honest
Listening and advice always available
Pros
Able to use initiative
Cons
Work every Saturday
great place to work
Community First Responder (Current Employee) –  Wickford13 December 2016
I am a Community First Responder for the East of England Ambulance Service, this is on a voluntary basis, with friendly crews
Pros
Cons
voluntary, so not paid
good
Emergency Call Handler (Current Employee) –  Chelmsford10 January 2017
I work for the ambulance service as a call handler. It is a very challening and demanding job. Each day is a diferent day and each call is different. Everyone supports eachother in the room.