East Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust Employee Reviews

NHS is an extremely busy and ever changing service
Service Delivery Manager (Current Employee) –  Eastbourne26 October 2017
Very busy constantly changing demands and a lot of thinking on your feet. Constant pressure to work with limited resources but staff always try to get the best outcome for patient.
Pros
Training and possibilities to change/progress in jobs
Cons
Under resourced
Enjoyable and interesting
Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  East Sussex4 June 2017
Management is poor, no appreciation or appraisal for hard work for my colleagues or myself. Over worked and under staffed.
Colleagues are great and hard working, love the environment i work in. Rewarding job, knowing you're making a difference and saving someones life.
Pros
i love my job, my colleagues, interesting role
Cons
management is poor, over worked and under staffed
love my job
Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hastings4 November 2016
I love working in the health care environment. I work on the trauma and orthopaedic ward as a health care assistant and love the people and staff that I work with.
bullying culture
Porter (Current Employee) –  hastings6 August 2016
Worked pottering in Hastings great lads to work with but to many managers and team leaders who do nothing and are prone to bullying.The merge with Eastbourne made it worse managers from there poor shame because the porters work hard and don't get any help when short staffed from the team leaders
Pros
overtime
Cons
long days
Forward looking pro active organisation
Chaplain (Former Employee) –  Hastings28 July 2016
Excellent place of work with very good facilities for patients, visitors and staff. Excellent food and eating facilities and friendly and cooperative staff at all levels.

Currently improving in all aspects.
Pros
Excellent management
Cons
Long hours for some staff and on call duties also.
Friendly work place.
Clinic Preparation Clerk. (Current Employee) –  Conquest6 June 2015
Good job security. Admin staff need more support from management. Great team to work with. Worst part of the job is amount of walking.
Cons
Paying to park.
Committment for caring for individuals at home
Community Occupational Therapist (Current Employee) –  Lewes, ENG15 October 2014
As part of the Joint Community Rehab Team, which covers a 7 day service, I assess both Rehab and Reablement clients with a view to short term rehab of up to 6 weeks to enhance independence and prevent unnecessary hospital admissions. I refer onto other agencies and organisations as necessary.

I work autonomously and as part of an MDT in managing my own caseload for complex and non-complex cases.

The clients have a wide range of non-complex and complex musculo-skeletal and neurological, sensory conditions, falls, dementia and palliative conditions.

I assist in the referral duty role as and when needed.
I take part in carrying out rapid and urgent assessment as part of the weekly urgent OT duty role to respond to urgent and rapid cases, resolve crisis in the community and help prevent unnecessary admissions.
I also undertake working weekends on a rota basis.

I liaise with a range of health and social care professionals such as hospital OTs, hand therapists, GPs, district nurses, specialist nurses, advance practitioner nurses, tissue viability, specialist, MacmiIlan/ hospice nurses neuro OTs and PTs, learning disability teams, dieticians, SALT, social workers, senior assessors, support workers, rehab support workers, wheelchair services, care agencies and carers.

I assess clients for a range of standard and non-standard equipment including rails, ramps, shower-chair/commodes, glide sheets, mobile hoists, gantry hoists, stand aids, slings, Wendylett sheets, hospital beds, riser/recliners, stand aids, banana boards etc. This involves completing clinical authorization
  more... forms request from when needed for non-stock items or same day or next day emergency requests.

I also complete wheelchair assessments and refer onto the wheelchair service as and when needed for more complex needs, which sometimes involves joint visits.

I complete risk Ax such a falls, bed lever and manual handling risk Ax forms.

I advise clients on pressure relieving techniques when necessary and liaise with the district nurses for anti-pressure care assessments and anti-pressure care equipment.

I refer onto other charitable/ voluntary organisations such as the Red Cross, Age UK and East Sussex Blind association as and when needed.

I have organised a case conference for a client in Nursing Home and I act as a key worker for several of the clients on my caseload.

I have completed the supervisors training and supervise students
I supervise a rehab support worker.
I attend monthly supervision

I have attended training sessions on end of life care and a specialist training day at Headway.

I assist to lead in-service training sessions which includes power point presentations.

I log client stats onto a database called J-core and have recently been training to use the Care first social services client database system.

TOMS outcome measure is used as well as completing Waterow and MUST scores.

I adhere to departmental policies such as the lone worker policy and help the buddy team lead when they are on annual leave to track colleague’s safety.
I complete safeguarding or clinical incident reports when needed via the online reporting system.

Adhering to legal aspects of OT such as adhering timely and accurate record keeping, gaining and recording consent for assessments, the Mental Capacity Act, the DDA, The Long term chronically Sick and Disabled person Act, national service frameworks especially surrounding falls and NICE guidelines especially around pressure care.

I keep an up to date CPD
Pros
Helping clients to live at home as long as possible. Restoring dignity. Team working.
Cons
This job is fixed term untill Aug 2015
happy place to work
Healthcare assistant (Current Employee) –  eastbourne31 October 2012
working on a very busy ward helping patients to get washed dressed
helping them with personel care helping them to use equipment to mobolize it it a very busy ward but a very happy ward the staff are always willing to help with anything from making beds to helping a patient mobilize out of bed or to a commode taking blood pressures monitoring out and input and documenting making sure patients are comfortable meeting new people every day the hardest part is making sure all documentation is filled out correctly.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
very long hours