East Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust

East Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust Employee Reviews

United Kingdom20 reviews
Good benefits and job security
Great to work for. A fair and honest employer.
Great benefits and pay is reasonable

The hours are suited to my lifestyle

No room for advancement in my role
Lovely place to work
I recently started work and everyone, team leaders and colleagues are kind and helpful. All aspects of my job was fully explained. Any queries I have are answered quickly and efficiently. I have been made welcome, and it is a pleasure to work in such a nice environment.
Poor funding
ESHT is just so poorly funded. Nurses are not getting promoted and learning opportunities are limited due to minimal funding to provide training courses for career enhancement.
productive
busy days learned a lot management mostly supportive workplace culture-staff overworked hardest part of the job getting IT support most enjoyable helping patients
Good employer
Excellent Critical Care Unit to work in at the Conquest Hospital
Friendly, welcoming staff

High standard of care

Opportunities to complete ITU training
Dedicated Procurement Team
I worked in the Procure Team. all were dedicated to their work and focussed on customer service.
Not easy when the Team is constantly seeking efficiencies without impacting quality of service.

They do a really amazing job.
Pros
Team spirit, knowledge, reliability
Cons
Traffic can be a nightmare
Not a stable place to work
Not a stable place to work
Can’t recruit consultants and keep them- there were 2 orthodontic Therapists and they were not managed properly at all- both left now

No consistency with prescriptions

Money is poor and there is no progression

Pros- nurses are lovely in the department
Pros
Holiday and sickness
Cons
Poor consultant led clinics, not valued, not supported by consultants
Fun place to work
Depends on which ward, some ward have really nice staff that makes work less stressful, some ward have really grumpy staff that gives a bad aura to the workplace
Pros
Lunch breaks
Cons
Can be stressful
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at East Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust?
Good package let down by poor supervision
If you're fine not being appreciated or adequately trained and are prepared to educate yourself, you might be ok here. Watch out for being sent for councelling when suffering from supervision/management issues - many of us were. Don't expect supervisors and managers to know what's going on in the hospital or care if you're doing your job properly. Team leaders / management have bullied many people out of secure jobs with good benifits.
Pros
Some great colleagues
Cons
Management/team leaders
Best resourced employer to be a multi-vendor service engineer.
15 minutes after leaving home and having to pay to park at your own hospital, you find yourself at the workshop bench ready to perform a routine service and/or repair various medical equipment. We only touch that equipment that we are trained on and have the correct choice of tooling for. There is often far more work than there is manpower available to do as one attempts to multi-task in an effort to clear the repairs,etc. As soon as 17:00 hrs arrives then it is time to return home.
Pros
Regular hours and close to where we live.
Cons
Under paid and over worked due to poor staffing levels
NHS is an extremely busy and ever changing service
Very busy constantly changing demands and a lot of thinking on your feet. Constant pressure to work with limited resources but staff always try to get the best outcome for patient.
Pros
Training and possibilities to change/progress in jobs
Cons
Under resourced
Enjoyable and interesting
Management is poor, no appreciation or appraisal for hard work for my colleagues or myself. Over worked and under staffed.
Colleagues are great and hard working, love the environment i work in. Rewarding job, knowing you're making a difference and saving someones life.
Pros
i love my job, my colleagues, interesting role
Cons
management is poor, over worked and under staffed
Rewarding position as an engineer
A typical day does not exist in medical engineering. Any number of issues can arise at any moment and you have to adapt to achieve the needs of our customers.

I have learned a lot about anatomy and medical technologies used to enable clinicians to treat patients.

I have only met my manager who unfortunately is a narcissist who highly rates himself. We as a team are compared with each other and I do not believe this to be constructive.

My co-workers are helpful and adaptable. We attempt to work as a team and do work well as a team, however, an atmosphere of tension exists when our manager is present.

The hardest part of my job is achieving our targets of planned maintenance on a monthly basis. Trying to do the job right can be difficult when management would prefer to see high numbers as apposed to correctly working equipment.

The best part of the job is working with the clinicians and customers around the hospital sites. The job is what you make of it and can be incredibly rewarding with customer praises when things go right. To go home and know you have done the right thing at work and helped people with fixing medical equipment that helps to save peoples lives is very satisfying.
Pros
Flexability
Cons
Salary and working conditions (i.e - no drinking water)
love my job
I love working in the health care environment. I work on the trauma and orthopaedic ward as a health care assistant and love the people and staff that I work with.
bullying culture
Worked pottering in Hastings great lads to work with but to many managers and team leaders who do nothing and are prone to bullying.The merge with Eastbourne made it worse managers from there poor shame because the porters work hard and don't get any help when short staffed from the team leaders
Pros
overtime
Cons
long days
Forward looking pro active organisation
Excellent place of work with very good facilities for patients, visitors and staff. Excellent food and eating facilities and friendly and cooperative staff at all levels.

Currently improving in all aspects.
Pros
Excellent management
Cons
Long hours for some staff and on call duties also.
Friendly work place.
Good job security. Admin staff need more support from management. Great team to work with. Worst part of the job is amount of walking.
Cons
Paying to park.
Committment for caring for individuals at home
As part of the Joint Community Rehab Team, which covers a 7 day service, I assess both Rehab and Reablement clients with a view to short term rehab of up to 6 weeks to enhance independence and prevent unnecessary hospital admissions. I refer onto other agencies and organisations as necessary.

I work autonomously and as part of an MDT in managing my own caseload for complex and non-complex cases.

The clients have a wide range of non-complex and complex musculo-skeletal and neurological, sensory conditions, falls, dementia and palliative conditions.

I assist in the referral duty role as and when needed.

I take part in carrying out rapid and urgent assessment as part of the weekly urgent OT duty role to respond to urgent and rapid cases, resolve crisis in the community and help prevent unnecessary admissions.

I also undertake working weekends on a rota basis.

I liaise with a range of health and social care professionals such as hospital OTs, hand therapists, GPs, district nurses, specialist nurses, advance practitioner nurses, tissue viability, specialist, MacmiIlan/ hospice nurses neuro OTs and PTs, learning disability teams, dieticians, SALT, social workers, senior assessors, support workers, rehab support workers, wheelchair services, care agencies and carers.

I assess clients for a range of standard and non-standard equipment including rails, ramps, shower-chair/commodes, glide sheets, mobile hoists, gantry hoists, stand aids, slings, Wendylett sheets, hospital beds, riser/recliners, stand aids, banana boards etc. This involves completing clinical authorization
 - more...
Pros
Helping clients to live at home as long as possible. Restoring dignity. Team working.
Cons
This job is fixed term untill Aug 2015
Overall a nice place to work
The Conquest is a nice place to work, the atmosphere is generally inclusive and friendly. It doesn't suffer from the 'class divide' I have come across in other hospitals. The Conquest has a good, if slightly over priced cafe, and the English breakfast from the restaurant is excellent. The work itself is interesting and rewarding, co workers in general are nice and easy to get on with. Depending on the time of day, it can be difficult to get a car parking space.
Pros
nice atmosphere
Cons
not a lot of opportunity to get more money or a promotion because of tight budgets.
happy place to work
working on a very busy ward helping patients to get washed dressed
helping them with personel care helping them to use equipment to mobolize it it a very busy ward but a very happy ward the staff are always willing to help with anything from making beds to helping a patient mobilize out of bed or to a commode taking blood pressures monitoring out and input and documenting making sure patients are comfortable meeting new people every day the hardest part is making sure all documentation is filled out correctly.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
very long hours