EAST RIDING COLLEGE Employee Reviews

fun workplace
Work Experience Placement (Former Employee) –  Bridlington5 July 2018
i enjoyed my time been a student. but the staff are not so helpful at the time. are class was too big for the tutor to deal with. but did manage to pass my course
engaging, fun
part time engineering Cad tutor (Former Employee) –  Beverley, East Riding of Yorkshire5 June 2018
A typical day at work would be at first planning for the day (if not already done so) . Then set up the students work space, finally teach by going through step by step process as well as 1 to 1 tutoring.

I have learnt how to cope with students and people who may seem difficult. I learnt how to incise them into doing their work. as well as become faster with the software.
Pros
encouragement from staff
Cons
short time periods
East Riding College small Review
E-Learning / Learning Resource Centres Manager (Former Employee) –  Beverley28 April 2018
Nearly four years at East Riding College and I am really going to miss colleagues and learners. The amount of dedication and extra hours some of my colleagues (and myself included) went through are beyond belief but all necessary for the right level of achievements. East Riding College faces the same difficulties observed with the FE sector, unfortunately, making things hard and placing a considerable amount of pressure and constraint due to cuts. Despite all of that most of my colleagues were so welcoming and pleasant to work with.
Pros
Location and the beautiful Minster View. Staff and learners are
Cons
Same level of pressure within the FE sector. Cuts, cuts, cuts.
Target-centred and unrealistic demands
Tutot (Former Employee) –  East Riding of Yorkshire30 January 2018
Due to the current funding requirements, FE is under pressure to recruit, retain learners, and achieve grades. However, in this case anyway, the focus on targets leads to a situation where the stick is far bigger than the carrot. Learner motivation is ignored, despite being a factor in achievement that is recognised in many Education Theory publications, instead focusing on blaming teachers exclusively for poor achievement.

May be suitable for some tutors, just not for me.
Dealing with learners queries and assisting with issues
Full-time Learning Resource Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Beverley, ENG30 September 2015
I enjoyed working at East Riding College, it enabled me to gain a good insight into helping all those who required help with either locating the resources they needed or supporting them using IT software.
Pros
Everyday with different
Another Happy Family.
Volunteer Trainee Tutor (Former Employee) –  Beverley, ENG26 March 2015
Once again i made great long life friends from working at Rios.
we really was a strong big family of worker.
Management did not separate themselves from the bar staff and most the time joined in with the hard work of a night cluub.
wages always paid on time.
supportive.
caring n enjoyable
Student (Former Employee) –  bridlington15 February 2015
loved working in charity shops as u got to meet loads of different people and care home people you got to care after someone loved one
Environment of secrecy
Site/ QA Manager (Former Employee) –  Beverley14 October 2014
Construction needs more planning and less pass the blame culture by project manager Company overall set up high standards
Difficult environment to work
Vocational Tutor (Painting and Decorating) (Current Employee) –  Beverley, ENG15 October 2013
Challenging place to work.
Great bunch of colleagues/friends.
Great support staff.
Impossible to get clear information from managers about anything.
Great sense of achievement from learners leaving with their qualifications.
work experience.
Trainee Administrator (Former Employee) –  bridlington.17 June 2013
i was on a NVQ level 1 course so i only did 1 day per week in their business centre doing basic admin duties.