EAST MIDLANDS RAILWAY

EAST MIDLANDS RAILWAY Employee Reviews

United Kingdom5 reviews
progressing through the company could be better seen managers sons get promoted quicker then a employee with no family working within the company.
But the benefits for working with EMR is something to be happy about.
Pros
great salary, Amazing benefits, good pension.
Cons
physically demanding
Same management same HR who were automatically transferred over from EMT. Paid union fees but all are in cahoots together and you get nowhere. It will always be your fault and you'll be gone. Alot of the family members work within the railway environment or a friend of a friend grandma grandad you name it who seem to climb career ladders fast. Very cliquey so beware and always watch your back.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Non
Dont even think of being employed by these cowboys. HR and management and union reps, all c rap in the same pot to get rid of anyone who speaks out on health and safety issues, or its vile occupational health who are also in cahoots with HR.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Bullying and harrasment organisation with no union support
During my employment at EMR I gained quality work experience working with real people evryday and dealing with challenging situations, the staff were freindly and the working moral was high.
Pros
Free Travel to and from work
Cons
Difficult to take holidays
Maybe for some people, just not for me. Culture is some good, some bad, my dealings with management were excellent. My advice is try it, it might be for you, just wasn't for me for personal reasons.