East London NHS Foundation Trust

East London NHS Foundation Trust Employee Reviews

United Kingdom34 reviews
Productive and fun workplace
Good team and collaborative working pattern.
The most rewarding was going home knowing that i have done the best to I could to support the patients and their relatives was always rewarding.

I felt i did not have enough work / life balance at that time, but i am hopeful things have changed since then.
Good
Two happy years of learning and
development.

Clear career development.

Good management.

I might work there again in future.

Friends still enjoy working there.
Productive workplace
Productive workplace. A typical day at work included managing caseloads and liasing with the multi disciplinary team. I wrote reports and met with service users.
awful place to work for
Management do not care about staff and staff are overworked and if you speak out they find a way to get rid of you . No training and of you are not qualified staff there is no way to advance your career
Pros
Cons
long hours and low pay and blame culture
supportive and fun environment
overall i have loved my experience at east london foundation trust. a typical work day is spent out on appointments to patients and then returning to the office to write my notes. i am confident that if i feel as though i need advice on one of my patients i can ask a member of my team. we work collaboratively a lot of the time. the most enjoyable part of my job is feeling like i am making a difference to the lives of children and families.
Poor management, terrible work culture
I would not recommend working here, management of the HR team was poor. The salary did not reflect the workload and I was severely overworked. The organisation does not care about it's employees.
Red tape limits the NHS
Great place to work making a direct impact on service users and the trust, however the red tape that surrounds the NHS makes it difficult to get things done. the people are great and they are very nice approachable and kind.
Active and fun place to work
It has been an amazing experience to have worked there for 6 years - fast paced at times slightly stressful but regarding environment. Through experience working with patients with complex needs and backgrounds, I have an excellent understanding of how to collaborate and communicate with people to determine and distinguish their individual requirements.
A supportive environment with lots of CPD Opportunities
This was such a good company to work for. There was the odd person who was a bully or not particularly easy to get on with, but mostly it was like one big family.
It was a good balance of fun and professional. They invest well in staff CPD. There was very good quality training. They were also supportive of personal CPD days.
Fun workplace
Great experience, i was able to get a first hand experience of what the NHS is like. I enjoyed myself and i was able to learn receptionist skills that i could use later on in life.
Productive and private
Average day does not exist when working there, as anything can happen when working with patients. I would recommend working there but only for the right people.
Interesting
A voluntary post, and very enjoyable job . Interesting, motivating and encouraging. Management and culture are excellent and lots were thoughts , though a bit stressful at times due to various working patterns of different work environments them covered. Enjoyable because you meet with different people.
best experience ever
i have worked in east london nhs trust when CQC came over. they really prepared us to impress the CQC which we did. great job culture, management was always looking at improving staff s skills and advancement.
Will be great if you're qualified
My personal experience is that since I'm not a qualified nurse and working in the field, a lot of times most of the work will be given to me. However, I'm not paid according to my efforts and also my shifts will usually be the last to be allocated (e.g. I am never given my shifts for the month later until 2 weeks before).

The ward I worked in had a very chaotic management so I was never able to find my supervisor.

However, the staff in the admin teams are always very helpful and patient. 10/10 for them.
Large Trust with Caring Clinical Staff
The fact that ELFT is rated outstanding by the CQC is often shovelled down your throat when you start.
I worked (bringing with me 20 years of experience) in acute inpatient settings across three ELFT sites. Yes the overall rating was outstanding but the rating for inpatient was good - and much needs to be done to acknowledge this and improve.

However, I formed close working relationships with all clinical staff on the different wards I worked on ... but they are stretched. Very stretched but yet very caring.

Much emphasis was placed on cquin targets, understandably, but sometimes more focus on complex patients were needed above and beyond the ticking of cquin targets.

I found my department very resistant to even the smallest change. Low staff morale. I didn’t feel my expertise or experience was valued by my department.

I will not be looking for a substantive post within this Trust.
Pros
Wonderful caring clinical staff on the wards
Cons
Terrible treatment when overpayment was made by bank
Opportunities for career growth
Working for ELFT is beneficial in many ways - you will be surrounded by like-minded, driven individuals eager to meet targets and deadlines whilst boasting with commitment and enthusiasm. Its an environment where you are greatly supported and career growth is realistic.
Pros
No two days are the same
Cons
Great mix of culture and energetic environment
I really enjoyed working for East London NHS Foundation Trust and learnt new skills and gained experience in the public sector. From working on a PC to attending meetings.
Pros
Flexi hours
Cons
n/a
Good Workplace
Good working environment and colleagues. It is one of the few mental health trusts that have been rated as outstanding by the quality commission so it shows its dedication to providing high quality services.
Don't practice what they preach
For a mental health trust they have a severe lack of empathy and suppprt towards their staff. Some good managers but the best ones seem to be leaving.
Pros
Team work
Cons
Lack of support within teams
Invests in their staff
ELFT is a fantastic trust to work in, in 2016 we gained 'Outstanding' by the CQC and were therefore one of the top two best Mental Health Trusts in the UK.
fun and exciting
This is the best job I have ever had. I have been here two years and I wish I could stay here forever. Mangement are amazing and other workers are also amazing. Not your typical day to day job but its amazing.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at East London NHS Foundation Trust. Our community is ready to answer.