East Lancashire Hospitals Employee Reviews

Mediocre at best
General Assistant (Former Employee) –  Trust wide4 March 2018
Trust needs to look at staff morale, staff shortages not generally in a great place geographically either should you be commuting from anywhere but Lancashire it’s self.
Pros
Learning hub and training good when they don’t get cancelled
Cons
Park expensive and no space after you have paid, work culture needs to improve
enjoyable and rewarding
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Blackburn, Lancashire23 November 2017
each day is different and the job satisfaction is when you deliver your job role and are appreciated by the patients makes it all worth getting up in the morning...

there is always enhancement of your knowledge learning new techniques and communicating your views.
Pros
there is an on sight canteen which is great
Cons
can take a while to get from one side of the hospital to the other
Excellent place to work
Clinical Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  North West18 October 2017
An excellent place to work and develop as a professional, working in a multidisciplinary environment. The organisation has a very supportive network that ensure that workplace culture is as best as it could be.
Pros
work alongside a multidisciplinary team
Cons
stressful
Busy trust
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lancashire28 June 2017
Great teams to work with. Opportunities for progression frequently arise. Facilities for staff breaks are good and has a canteen of joy meals are preferred. Expensive to park
Cons
Paying to park and queuing to get in
You will gain good experience
Senior clinical fellow (Current Employee) –  Blackburn, Lancashire11 May 2017
An excellent working environment with friendly and experienced staff. There is Variety of cases that will encourage you to learn more and gain further experience.
good job
domestics (Current Employee) –  Blackburn, Lancashire31 March 2017
good job, great benefits, good pension. nice people to work with. Day is normal, you have a proper plan which you need to follow, you have a support from your supervisors.
good learning environment
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Blackburn, Lancashire13 January 2017
Good scope for learning and development.
Good range of cardiology areas to rotate around.
Large geographigal area to cover a wide range of patients.
Attached to good teaching hospitals
Good support from management
Good courses offered
Good practice educators
Pros
flexible working
Cons
fast moving and exciting workplace
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Blackburn4 January 2017
My experience within emergency medicine gave me confidence to work autonomously and lead others in a busy environment. I relished the challenge to bring forward my previous skills and develop new ones.
Pros
skill development
Cons
not having enough time with patients ( totally personal view)
Pharmacy Technician on AMUA (Current Employee) –  Blackburn, ENG23 October 2015
Worked here for 8 years, great place where all areas of staff work extremely hard, very high pressures but requirements met to meet the patients needs.
Pros
staff
Cons
cant park
Productive and Rewarding
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Blackburn, ENG28 August 2014
Very busy atmosphere and fast paced work. I learnt a lot about pharmaceuticals and patient care. The management was made up of a strong team with an organised training scheme and my co-workers were efficient and helpful. The hardest part of the job was the amount of work set in a day but I managed to complete it just fine, also I enjoyed the challenge, also not knowing which hospital you would be based at . The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to do things on my own after training and being able to train other new starters my self.
Pros
Being part of a team.
Cons
Having to give up some weekends and working all week/ weekend
A supportive environment with great team spirit
Dietitian (Current Employee) –  Nelson, ENG27 August 2013
I have been working for the nutrition and dietetics department for over 4 years now and I believe that the department and it's colleagues work and combine well together. We are able to support, share knowledge and skills, adapt and improve systems and advice in order to meet guidelines, new evidence and to meet the needs of patients and clients as a whole approach.
Pros
Great team working
Cons
Lack of capcity to be able to develop further due to departmental fuinding cuts, too much travelling by car to and from bases
Varied and Interesting workplace with commendable self development initiatives
Clerical Officer (Former Employee) –  Kiddrow Lane Health Centre / Padiham Health Centre8 May 2013
Typically the day would start by loading up the computers and appointment booking programmes. Picking up any messages. The post would arrive which would then need sorting and distributing to relevant departments which included GP team, Podiatry, Treatment Room Nurses, District Nurses, Pharmacy. All the while manning a busy reception greeting patients, enquiries and booking appointments. It would be my responsibility to ensure that confidential patient records were kept up to date and presented to the correct department when necessary. Typing up of correspondence on a daily basis for the above mentioned services. Anything relating to the building would be my responsibility. Contacting the relevant contractors for any faults etc and liaising with the necessary people.

I started work within this job role following an NVQ placement, this is the only role i have known. I have picked up many skills following my time there and have also come to realise that my customer service skills are of a high standard. I have learned that I thrive on teamwork and being a valued member, where i have freedom to put forward ideas.

The hardest part of my job was the size of the team. Because we were such a small team (4 members in total) covering two sites, it was not possible for team meeting/touching base. I feel this made the overall team efficiency and morale suffer.

The most enjoyable part of my job was feeling of making a difference. I enjoy working with the public and going that extra mile to help out, where possible. I enjoy problem solving and seeing the rewards
  more... of an efficient system come to fruition. I am organised and enjoy getting stuck in. I am also grateful that within my job role i had the opportunity to expand my qualifications.

Pros
Varied, Good Hours, Good annual leave entitlement
Cons
Inadequate cover, Low team morale