East Kent Hospitals University NHS Foundation Trust Employee Reviews

Satisfying
Healthcare (Current Employee) –  Kent1 June 2018
You have to be caring compassionate confident to do this work the hours are long in some departments not enough breaks it’s good place to work most of the time
Cons
Longer breaks
Busy but rewarding
Health Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ashford, Kent15 February 2018
Always busy but very rewarding. Great team to be a part of. Lovely people to work with. I think the progression for staff was a bit of a let down as there isn’t the any funding.
Job satisfaction
Theatre Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ashford, Kent16 January 2018
Loved my career within the nhs
Enjoyed caring for others. Support there if needed. Can be challenging at times but rewarding at others. Courses on offer and promition
Pros
Great people
Cons
Salary
Job satisfaction in giving service to the public
Charitable Funds Manager (Former Employee) –  Canterbury7 January 2018
Workload can be stressful but very rewarding. Patient orientated giving job satisfaction. Opportunities to develop within a reasonably secure job environment.
Pros
Flexible working available
Cons
High workloads in stressful situations
Its a an excellent area
Sister (Current Employee) –  Ashford, Kent12 September 2017
I have worked for East kent for a while and although its had a tough review from the cqc it remains an excellent place to work. Just needs some improvement.
Tough job but rewarding and great colleagues
Pharmacy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Canterbury, Kent23 July 2017
A typical day is having to get together the orders for wards and other hosptals within the trust. You learn some good skills and deal with a wide range of issues which manegement help you with. I won't lie it is a tough job with many uncertainties but there are some great colleagues who embrace you as one of theirselves. The hardest part of the job is not always having the supplies you need or support from top management, that said I really do enjoy it and feel sorry for the slating our CEO is getting as his hands are tied.
Pros
Amazing colleagues
Cons
The lack of support or communication sometimes
Good staff but poorly managed
FY2 Doctor (Current Employee) –  Canterbury, Kent13 July 2017
Friendly teams of staff. But incredibly poorly managed. The hospital is currently being dismantled which has created a fairly toxic environment.
Patient care is fairly good on an individual level but overall the system is working against staff.
Not Great
Data Quality Officer (Former Employee) –  Canterbury, Kent31 May 2017
Not Great . Worked there 2 year. Felt forgotton about. Moved out of main offices to run own team. Had not development oppoutunites. Liked the team but didnt feel like part of it
Pros
Not manay
Cons
No Development
Developing organisation
Quality Improvement facilitator (Current Employee) –  Canterbury, Kent12 December 2016
EKHUFT is a well managed organisation that is currently striving to develop in order to provide sustainable healthcare to the local community.
Pros
Excellent leadership
Cons
Capacity and demand
great team, challanging job
Ednoscopy Department Administrator (Current Employee) –  Margate, Kent26 November 2016
I have developed strong communication skills, problem solving and prioritising skills. I have learned to be patient towards patients, and I have found that I always will try to do my best to help, unfortunately this is not always possible. The most enjoyable part of the job is when patients phone or write to thank our small team for getting their appointment arranged.
Pros
great team
Cons
different shifts
Organisation under pressure
Manager (Current Employee) –  East Kent15 May 2016
Pressured environment in need or cultural change; in areas ineffectual senior mangement teams possibly as a result of internal promotion of personnel to positions skill sets unsuited to role.
Pros
Trying to give impression of improvement (due to CQC pressures)
Cons
Senior Teams protecting their positions (well paid)
Busy, pressured environment. Fast paced and unpredictable
Receptionist Minor Injuries Unit (Former Employee) –  Dover21 March 2016
My day would be dealing with patients and their relatives etc. attending the hospital with injuries. Tact, patience and confidentiality were paramount.

I would have to explain to impatient people about waiting times which could lead to verbal abuse from some people. Keeping a cool head and being polite in such situations was important to try and diffuse possible conflict. This was probably the hardest part of the role but also taught be how to speak to people and how to resolve issues.

The most enjoyable part of the role was in being able to help people when they were in pain, for example and taking the time to show that I cared about their circumstances.

The unit was a close knit team of all staff from the unit manager to medical and administration staff. We all had to work together otherwise the unit would not function for the benefit of patients and visitors alike.
Pros
Team based environment working closely together
Cons
12 hour shifts
lovely place to work
Business Admin Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Canterbury, ENG12 July 2015
Kent and canterbury Hospital is a very warm welcoming place to work. The staff are very friendly and you never feel alone if you are not sure what you are doing.
Cons
Long hours, no flexibility.
Transforming Service Provision
Change (Current Employee) –  Kent various hospitals31 May 2013
Forward moving at a fast pace. Significant Service Improvement Projects.

Great executive team on board too
Pros
Training and personal development
Cons
Waiting for signatures