EAST DURHAM COLLEGE

EAST DURHAM COLLEGE Employee Reviews

It’s okay but not for me
Animal care (Former Employee) –  Durham11 October 2019
East Durham college was not for me , this is why I’m wanting a job instead. I didn’t like the students as I’m outgoing and funny and everyone else was always miserable and I’d rather be around outgoing people like myself
Productive, friendly working environment
Student Teacher (Former Employee) –  Durham3 September 2019
I enjoyed being a student teacher here, its the college I have always been part of ever since I left school in 2013. Provided me with a friendly, safe environment to work in and develop my teaching skills. The students were excellent with me and always provided top quality pieces. The staff were also very helpful looking after me and helping me learn things along the way.
Small College with Progress for Learners
Course Leader / Lecturer (Former Employee) –  Peterlee, Durham18 March 2019
Small college with progress for learners and enjoyable place to work
Teaching and assessing from 14-19 learners with a range of courses catered for all types of learners
Amazing place to learn with lots of different experiences
College Student (Current Employee) –  Durham7 March 2019
Their is some amazing opportunities to meet some animals you may never have thought u would have met, so many different animals and you get the chance to work with them all. Most of the animals you are able to handle and they are well behaved as long as you know what you are doing and confident obviously their is risks but if you are confident in what it is you are doing ,handle correctly and try and ensure the animal it can trust you your probably safe. You learn some amazing things and staff are really good too.
Pros
Lunch, drinks
fun college
community arts project (Former Employee) –  Peterlee6 September 2018
learned so much in performing arts because dancing was the thing I wanted to do in the future I enjoyed some of my course work I had to do and some of the dance performances I had to do in the college or outside of college but with my college people. I also enjoyed doing drama at college.
Pros
dance performances
Cons
music course work
Productive and excitng college
Student (Former Employee) –  Peterlee29 June 2018
A typical day at East Durham, is filled with work and many tasks. I learned plenty of new things which I had never even heard of before, which could also help in the near coming future.
further education
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Durham28 November 2017
Good to brush up on IT skills and get experience in the office enviroment was a computer and call advisor learning course with interview techniques and completed numeracy and arithmetic from level 1 to level 3.
ok
dogs body (Former Employee) –  Peterlee, Durham3 October 2017
ok to work for lots of friendly staff and students, always something going on, learnt alot of new skills along the way mnost enjoyable part the staff and friends
Enjoyable
Chef (Former Employee) –  Peterlee25 June 2017
For east Durham college I never really worked with the customers as I was always in the kitchens but the environment was good because we all would communicate with eachother and the job was an easy one. The hardest part was learning to make a new recipe for a new dish but you would learn eventually. The management was good because they would talk us through our role and they would give us any help we would require.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Difficult
Electrical installation
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Peterlee, Durham14 June 2017
The college have helped me achieve hands on experience in construction work, I have ganed excellent hands on skills with tools and materials, the team skills and teachers advise really helps and is a great help for working with electrical cables and working as a team all together.
Pros
Amazing new skills
Cons
No salary
East durham college
Chef (Former Employee) –  Peterlee14 October 2016
Overall it was the best days ever. Practical was fun and theory was good. I cant fault this work place. The management is brill all
productive and fun
PR and Marketing (Former Employee) –  Peterlee1 October 2016
I enjoyed scripting a radio advert which allowed me to be creative and get involved in a media platform I have never had any experience in before. It also allowed me to meet new people and become more of a thinking media worker.
Fun work place
Catering student (Former Employee) –  Peterlee28 July 2016
Some days it was busy some times it was really quiet.
I learned a lot while I was there I learned to ale loads of dishes I've never made before .
Management was good .
I got on well with my co- workers.
The hardest part of the job was when there wasn't many people in and it was busy .
The most enjoyable part of the job was having a good place to work in .
Pros
Sometimes got free food
Cons
When it was busy and there was only 1-4 people in .
Relaxed, Professional, Fun workplace
bar and the restaurant as a waiter (Former Employee) –  Peterlee East ED11 July 2016
East Durham college is a very relaxed but stable workplace environment. During my time at East Durham College I really enjoyed working alongside with the employees. East Durham College is a very professional workplace and I have nothing but positive feedback.
Pros
Free Lunches, New Friends
fun workforce
Catering staff (Former Employee) –  Peterlee13 June 2016
there is always plenty to do although I did this while I was doing my education I was a new experience which kept me on my feet
Friendly environment
sports team leader at East Durham College (Former Employee) –  Peterlee24 May 2016
I found it very helpful and I enjoyed the hands on experience during my time at East Durham College. The main part of the course I enjoyed was keeping fit and active along with learning the technical aspects of sport science.
customer service
sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Hartlepool25 November 2015
I learnt how to deal with customers and find out what their needs were, and how you could help them the best way you could! It was a fun place to work and i loved working with my colleagues and learning with every aspect i could. I completed all tasks that were asked and was always up for new projects through out the job.
Pros
full time work, good salary
fun working enviroment and learning quality
student (Former Employee) –  Houghall15 October 2015
I had to make sure the horses were brought in and out of the field. I learnt how to ride a horse and how to care for one. The management of it was excellent they told you if you did anything wrong and told you how to do it better . The hardest part of the job was to make sure that you had given the correct horse the right medicine. The most enjoyable part was learning how to ride the horse.
Pros
something that i enjoyed
Cons
Work experience tied in with the college course Interactive Media.
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Peterlee3 October 2015
Every week we spent around 2 hours either with some clients or for some clients working on improving or making some interactive media for them. This experience allowed me to closely work with clients and how to effectively work in a team.
Pros
All needed equipment and software was provided by the college.
Cons
Not much time to work on projects.
Productive and educational
Business Administrator (Former Employee) –  Peterlee7 July 2014
Providing admin support to the apprenticeship team, learning general admin and providing assistance to colleagues needing help. I created spread sheets for interviewers with their time tables on which was beneficial all round. My colleagues were supportive and helpful helping me along the way when needed.