East Cheshire NHS Trust Employee Reviews

Macclesfield Hospital: Bullying Hellhole.
HCA (Former Employee) –  Macclesfield, Cheshire14 April 2019
Do not work here as a nursing assistant. You will be dumped on shift with no training/mentoring and bullied all day long, every day by the sociopathic nurses they employ. This hospital actively targets HCA's and uses them as the fall guys. You will be blamed, accused, shouted at, ignored, belittled, laughed at...I even saw one HCA get assaulted by a nurse on the notorious ward 10. The money just isn't worth it. Of course, if you've got a personality disorder - go for it. They will love you. Worst working experience of my life.
Pros
Absolutely none.
Cons
Ignorant nurses.
good employer
COMMUNITY STAFF NURSE (Former Employee) –  Cheshire2 March 2019
good employer excellent benefits hours of working good with life balance good support from management and encouraged to take education further and supported with this
Varied and challenging!
Bank Healthcare Assistant (Former Employee) –  Macclesfield27 June 2018
A great place to learn new skills and challenge yourself. Jobs within healthcare are extremely rewarding, and the hospital itself is extremely welcoming!
Pros
NHS benefits, enhancements, discounts
Friendly staff
Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Macclesfield18 May 2018
Very good hospital to work with also Friendly staff and environment.A clean and attractive facilities for the staff and visitors.The parking areas not enough.
Stressed workplace with tired overworked nurses
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Mdgh3 December 2017
Would recommend anyone to look elsewhere so short staffed now and cutting so many corners it’s scary. They are trying to save money to such an extent it’s causing staff to breakdown and affecting patient care.
Pros
Free flu jab!
Cons
See above
Not recommended
support/hard-soft fm/estates (Current Employee) –  East Cheshire26 July 2017
backstabbing culture, bullying, low pay, low moral, poor conditions, uninspiring management, over stretched resources, no job satisfaction, feels like no job security,
Work Experience Placement (Former Employee) –  Macclesfield, Cheshire6 June 2017
There was a lot of work to do and it was very well organised but the environment was too serious. The hours were very long but if you were productive you excelled in the job.
Very busy role
Executive Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Macclesfield, Cheshire1 February 2017
Very busy role, demanding fast paced environment. I learnt a lot about the NHS and the pressures that they face daily. There are some great very dedicated hard working people that are employed by the NHS.
Interesting and varied work
Transcription Suite Typist (Current Employee) –  East Cheshire NHS Trust27 December 2016
Excellent working environment and supportive management. The role is varied and completed under tight timescales to high accuracy levels. Working as part of a strong team.
Pros
Flexible working environment.
Bring back the good old days
Punch Bag (Former Employee) –  Macclesfield14 June 2016
After being a patient throughout the years & working in a hospital environment as well l can see the downslide at the East Cheshire Trust.
A terrible place to work if you have a mind of your own. Managers who have no work ethic apart from 'Do as l say & not as l do'.
Wards are dirty & have bits of paper stuck to the walls everywhere with messages from managers with little kissy kissy marks at the end of them. No professionalism.
Not a nice place to work anymore
Pros
Met some nice people
Cons
Managers & Matrons doing as little as possible
Productive and Fun Workplace
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Northwich Infirmary, Verdin House23 December 2015
Typical day is working amongst disorganised chaos due to lack of staff, No Admin Clerk!?!, lack of knowledge about the photocopier, papers filed in different areas of both workrooms used by same team of Therapists, lack of knowledge with the new Emis database.
I've learnt I am very easy going as I never felt daunted by any of the above.
Had the opportunity to be paid for what I do, but management had to follow recruiting criterias, instead of staff's recommendations (ME!!! Haha)
Love every member of the team I work with and feel very much part of the team.
Hardest part of job is seeing co-workers upset and stressed by their job and not being paid overtime from 2 months back!?!
Most enjoyable part of job is working as part of a fantastic team of ladies who make me very welcomed every day I work, and also I'm enhancing my skill sets which will support my job searches/applications.
Pros
Flexible Hours, Fantastic Team, Good Work Experience
Cons
Not being promoted to 'Paid' Worker
Busy working environment
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Macclesfield5 February 2014
Very busy office with varying day to day tasks.

Enjoy the support and hard work from the people I work with.
Pros
Extra holidays for long service
Cons
Tiers of management
Satisfying Job role
Learning & Development Advisor (Former Employee) –  macclesfield9 October 2013
A great company to work for with many training opportunities.
Busy, demanding but enjoyable role
PA/Senior Secretary (Neurosurgery and Urology) (Current Employee) –  Macclesfield, ENG11 August 2013
I work a basic 9 hour day. It is extremely busy and demanding position but one that I enjoy. I work hard and am honest and reliable. I am able to work on my own initiative or as part of a productive team.
An interesting, active & challenging role
HCA (Former Employee) –  Macclesfield General hospital19 December 2012
I was working as an auxillary nurse or HCA on the nurse bank at Macclesfield general hospital. It was not a perminant position, hence my scoring of 1 star for job security/advancement. I wanted a perminant position within my role to have guranteed hours, but due to my children & commitments I could not work the necessary shifts to gain a perminant role, which left me not being able to get my children to school or collect them afterwards. I needs a part time position which allows me to do this, I cannot work evening or weekends.
Pros
i enjoy caring for & helping people, working within the hospital is interesting too.
Cons
shift pattens