East Ayrshire Council Employee Reviews

it was a good secure job
chef /manager (Former Employee) –  Kilmarnock1 February 2018
at the time of working here it suited my life style as i had two children at school and i worked school hours and had school holidays.
i initially started off as a baker in a big local high school and worked my way up to manager.
Pros
holidays pension
Cons
no cons
Enjoyed it.
Unpaid Intern (Former Employee) –  Kilmarnock29 January 2018
Loved experiencing the inner workings of a professional environment. People were friendly and helpful.
Was given an insight into the world of work allowing me to grasp the importance of working towards a common goal.
Pros
Friendly staff.
Cons
Long Hours.
Trainee
Clerical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kilmarnock, East Ayrshire12 January 2018
I worked here as a trainee for Administration, I didnt get the chance to finish certain parts of training as there wasnt enough time due to the course endeing in 16 weeks, i felt no support and couldnt talk to the person in charge, as she wasnt approachable, the commute to work was the hardest part, the most enjoybale was the group of people selected for the training they were nice
Pros
Travel Expenses Paid
Cons
Hours and Placement
Good work place too work
Trainee mechanic (Former Employee) –  Kilmarnock8 January 2018
The most enjoyable thing about the job was the learning side I had a good supervisor who was a good teacher. So I had a good time at East Ayrshire Council the time I was employed there.
Pros
Good pension fund
Cons
The course could have been longer
Poor Managment
grade 4 roadworker (Former Employee) –  Kilmarnock7 January 2018
just a number no seance of achievement work never praised and very rarely checked to quick to blame the lower ranks when its been management failings the most enjoyable part was going home at night.
Pros
Good work clothes
Cons
wages
Supportive place to work.
Teacher of Chemistry (Current Employee) –  Dalmellington, East Ayrshire5 December 2017
Good provision for Probationer Teacher training. A variety of schools within the authority make for varied opportunities to progress. Supportive structure to help you further your career.
Educational workplace
Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  East ayrshire16 November 2017
Provides me with exceptional training opportunities that relate to my occupation as a personal carer. There is scope to work in other areas of the council if I choose to do so.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Shift work
supported
volunteer engagement (Former Employee) –  east ayrshire9 November 2017
my work with them was supported and my decisions were taken seriously which helped the communities I worked within. I found that as long as I was self sustaining I was supported
Rewarding but bureaucratic.
Senior Teacher (English) (Former Employee) –  Galston27 September 2017
My time here was for the most part very satisfying but increasing amounts of red tape detracted from my enjoyment in carrying out the duties for which I was responsible.
can be entertaining
Personal Carer (Current Employee) –  galston, ayrshire10 August 2017
love working with service users, can be very demanding but also can be rewarding. it is also good to be appreciated by the service user and build good relationships to.
Pros
alone working
Cons
management
Enjoy work never 2 days the same
Catering Assistant (Current Employee) –  Riverside29 June 2017
Good place to work I like everyone stuff and service users
Never a dull moment and really enjoy working where I do
Only downside is if a service user leaves as you become attached to them
Pros
School term as I have a school age child
Challenging and rewarding
Classroom Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dalmellington, East Ayrshire12 June 2017
Helping children to reach their full potential with both their education and positive attitude. A challenging but rewarding job filled with growth and opportunity. A variety of subjects and challenging situations which arise daily. Hardest part of the job is knowing contracts are only part time so you might not get to see children throughout their school career. Most enjoyable part of the job is seeing children succeed. A mentally physically and emotionally exciting job with huge rewards.
Hard work but rewarding
Personal Carer (Current Employee) –  Cumnock, East Ayrshire31 May 2017
Can be very rewarding working with and helping the elderly and vulnerable.I work in a team of eight, we do two weeks dayshift then two weeks backshift working every second weekend. The job also involves me driving a work van, I have also done lots if training including medication, moving and handling and dementia.
Pros
Free uniform
Cons
Not enough hours
Great central location
Criminal Justice Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Johnny walker Bond16 May 2017
The Johnny Walker Bond is an excellent building housing all social work and housing services.
It is centrally located and has front of house reception with numerous high quality interview and meeting rooms.
Pros
Car buy scheme
Work
community payback supervisor (Current Employee) –  johnnie walker bond2 May 2017
sessional work as and when required, nice colleagues, variety of work available

working day within set hours. meet people from all different backgrounds
good to work for
Carer (Former Employee) –  East Ayrshire13 April 2017
easy to approach friendle and efficient work is completed to a high standard. no waiting for people to get back to you. great work force really friendly
Council Worker (Former Employee) –  South Ayrshire29 March 2017
I was a driver labour for the council my job roll would be labouring for joiners bricklayer or plumbers labouring in and out residence houses in public street driving all the old rubbish back to the yards away
interesting place to work
Joiner (Current Employee) –  Kilmarnock, East Ayrshire26 March 2017
i have worked with East Ayrshire Council for over 20 years now and am one if the few people in the world that actually enjoys my job. I like that fact i am serving my local community and find the work interesting and fulfilling. The working conditions are good and the health and safety aspect is second to none. There is also a nice bond between fellow workers who will always help out when difficult situations arise
Pros
local, interesting not to stressfull
Cons
pay not great
Being part of an organisation working for the local people and making a difference
Energy Technician (Former Employee) –  East Ayrshire22 March 2017
Project management with adequate support. Not mainly office based, included site visits and meeting with consultants. This made the work diverse, flexible and interesting.
Fun 20 weeks placement
Landscape Gardener (Former Employee) –  Kilmarnock, East Ayrshire10 December 2016
I loved my 20 week placement i got to meet the staff had a laugh with co-workers. Did what was asked and went home at the end of the day i enjoyed every minute of it and hope to get a job with them in the future .
Pros
Long lunch