Ealing Council Employee Reviews

Good working environment close to all amenities with training courses available.
Compliance Officer (Current Employee) –  Ealing Broadway Station27 June 2018
A Typical Day at Work:
Check and respond to incoming e-mails/voicemails including deleting/forwarding emails to relevant parties if necessary.

Checking the deadline dates for responding to correspondece relating to Stage 1/Members Enquiries to respond accordingly.

Answering telephone calls from residents concerning boiler breakdowns/Door Entry Systems and Communal Electrical issues.

Sending out letters to residents regarding new boiler installations that have been carried out for any issues raised.

Completing any monthly contract minutes that may need to be updated or sent out.

Any ad hoc duties that may arise during the course of the day.

What I have learned:
In my present role I have learnt to be more patient, to listen and that time Management is needed on a daily basis and is a necessary skill to keep improving.

Management:
I manage my workload effectively in order to meet deadlines and create time to liaise with my colleagues to look at different ways of working and improving what we do.

Workplace culture
Good working environment - open plan offce - meeting rooms are readily available if booked but you do need to book in advance. I have easy to speak to experienced colleagues to consult on a face-to-face bass for up-to-date information. We have good IT equipment e.g. we no longer have landline telephones all our calls are carried out via skype.

The hardest part of the job
Trying to resolve issues with both the resident and contractors to come to an amicable resolution. Also knowing when and how to prioritise urgent jobs.

The most enjoyable
  more... part of the job
Is the satisfaction I get when I receive a call back/email from a resident who has appreciated the hard work it sometimes to take to co-ordinate/liaise with various people to get works completed on time and to the correct specification.
Pros
Good work colleagues
Cons
Location - travelling times vary from 1 hour 15 minutes to 2 hours or more to get to from home.
great people to work with
Student Social Worker Placement (Former Employee) –  older adults team25 May 2018
really enjoyed my time there pushed me out of my comfort zone and helped me achieve
gave me many opportunities for training and personal development
the work was intense but never a dull moment
Pros
team working
Cons
paperwork
Nice people to work with
Substantial Assistant Youth Worker (Current Employee) –  London21 May 2018
In my team the people I work with are fun and energetic. The enthusiasm really helps everyone get through each day. The wider team offer support for anything I ask. Everyone is very friendly.
Good. Great. Excellent.
Business Services Administrator (Former Employee) –  West London, Greater London17 May 2018
A typical day at Ealing council is great since everyone is welcoming and if you are stuck the employees can assist you.

I learned about business admin and how to deal with clients.

The management was good because I was assigned to a mentor who helped me if I was struggling with anything.

The hardest part of the job was picking up the telephone as I was not used to doing such a challenging task and you didn't know who was on the other side of the line.

The most enjoyable part of the job was when I got to go to Wales and doing team-building activities and have fun.
Pros
Free Food
Friendly work environment.
Database Administrator (Current Employee) –  London4 March 2018
One of the best place to work if you need flexible hours.
The money is average.

It`s a great working place for women if they have kids.

Do not hesitet to accept a council job.
Redundancy
Business Support Officer (Former Employee) –  Middlesex14 January 2018
Efficient Administrater with a strong communication and interpersonal skills.
Multitasking and work to deadline
Good communication with contractors
Managed and process invoice and requisition orders
productive
CCTV Operator/enforcement officer (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London10 January 2018
friendly environment and helpful colleagues in term of emergency.
I am very interested in this position as it relates strongly to my vast experience in CCTV Enforcement and also my general knowledge of the Parking industry.
For the past 3 years I have been working as a cctv enforcement officer for my Ealing council authority. During my employment I have learnt how to handle various parking and operational situations professionally and efficiently using my own knowledge and any available resources.
As can be seen from my CV, I possess all the necessary industry related certification, am CRB cleared and hold numerous relevant academic qualifications. I also possess a helpful attitude, good team working skills and am prepared to put in that extra effort which makes all of the difference.
Productive and busy place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  London12 October 2017
*No two days ever the same.
*Very rewarding
*Hardest part is multitasking to a whole new level!
*learned to type, answer the phone, pay attention to fellow team members and cross check other peoples work all at the same time!
Pros
Depends on the team you work with
Cons
Depends on the team you work with
Housing Options and Assessment Officer (Former Employee) –  Ealing, London, United Kingdom11 October 2017
Ealing Council is a nice place to work and i love working within the local authority, a very nice environment to work in and the teamwork in the borough is of an excellent standard.
Pros
Able
Cons
Nice
fun and productive
Ground Worker (Former Employee) –  Acton, Greater London9 September 2017
I had the opportunity to go on various courses. The management was down to earth,as were my colleagues. It was varied work and i enjoyed all aspects of the job.
Pros
Transport to and from workplace
Cons
Some days required long hours.
Receptionist/Administrator (Temp) (Former Employee) –  Greenford Broadway8 September 2017
Worked well with staff and enjoyed my time there. Typical day involved answering a lot of phone queries and emails. Registered clients requests for room bookings on bespoke systems. Printed registers for clients attending the courses/meetings.
Pros
Good company, great staff. Thoroughly enjoyed working there.
Cons
Cannot think of any.
great place to work
Customer Advisor (Former Employee) –  Ealing, Greater London28 June 2017
the council for me has been a positive experience , as you learn a lot I ve gained confidence in so many aspects and I m aiming to work in a council again asap.
Typical work day
Performance Manager (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London10 April 2017
Its a very busy place of work and i like it that way but i think for me its time to move on.

I worked in difference teams so i think i have a full grab of what the management of social care finance and performance is in Ealing Council.
Pros
flexible working hours
Cons
not sure
Interesting work place
Housing Scheme Manager & Telecareline Operative (Current Employee) –  London2 March 2017
Varied roles
Turnsall alarm units, pendants etc
okay
flexibility

Its a place to learn new skills and work with different clients from all backgrounds
Pros
Varied roles
Cons
An innovative and inspiring work place
Employment Officer (Former Employee) –  London19 February 2017
I learnt about management and conflict resolution between staff and clients. How to manage people and develop different employment strategies.
Pros
motivated staff
Cons
distance from home
Producvtive and Fun
Fitness Consultant (Former Employee) –  Ealing10 February 2017
Great place to work and meet new people. Not great career progression but great platform to move on from. Great working environment with great facilities.
Pros
Fun and energetic
Cons
Lack of career progression
HR Administrator (Former Employee) –  Ealing, Greater London6 January 2017
Gained good experience, I have learned on the job however was told by my colleagues in a joking way not to work too hard as that will not look good on them.
Pros
Learn about the role
Fun
Security Supervisor (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London28 December 2016
Ealing council is a good place in and all the people in different departments are hospitable. The wages are also good and they have good incentives which motivates the employees.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Minimum over time
Productive and Good Experience gained
Rent Officer (Former Employee) –  Uxbridge Road, Ealing7 December 2016
Gained an in depth knowledge of maximisation of Rental Income, Service Charge Income and Temporary Accomodation Income
Pros
Friendly working environment
Cons
Flexible working environment
Be very sure before you make the change
Anon (Former Employee) –  Town hall21 November 2016
The management of the registration service is very very poor.
A very hostile environment to work in.

I have been there and am so glad I managed to get out.

I would never ever go back to this department.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Poor support from management, a vile atmosphere.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ealing Council. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3