Ealing Council

Ealing Council Employee Reviews

United Kingdom86 reviews
Productive and fun workplace
Relaxed environment. A lot of independent work. Good management team, flexible hours, and pleasant interactions with clients. Due to cutbacks, there is a lack of hands-on support during a shift.
Nasty management
Bullying and victimisation. Not nice to work for Ealing Council. Nasty management. Treat you with disdain and ignore you. Not a nice experience working for Ealing Council.
Nice Place to work for
I have learned many skills working for Ealing council and am fully enjoying working as part of the team. I would be interested in looking or further job oppportunities with the council in other departments .
Pros
have good benefits
Cons
Not flexible with childcare
Stressful
Lack of sincerity and transparency. Unwillingness to address underlying issues. Negative culture that undermines professionalism and promotes cronyism.
Had a brilliant working experience at Ealing.
Good employer that rewards hardwork; organisation values people, very customer-centered.
Open offices, safe working environment, approachable managers.
Interesting and varied
Good training
Updates on policy and procedures

Three monthly reviews

Flexible to cover other sites

Worked as a close supportive team

Maintain strict confidentiality

Worked with other providers
Some very good colleagues. Dreadful management.
Good calibre of elected members generally, with some exceptions. Interesting work but horrible modern, open plan workplace (Perceval House – now scheduled for demolition).

Most shabby dishonest management I have ever encountered in local government. Totally untrustworthy.
Very supportive of professional development
Ealing really provided a learning community that supports the learning and professional development of staff. I attend course relevant to my practice and personal professional development with full support from management. I was provided a loan to pay for my Doctorate studies

However, I felt discriminated at one point that led to my leaving the organisation - I guess it was down to an individual, not the organisation
Pros
Very supportive in staff development and training
Cons
Salaries do not rise to staff expenditures
Great team, great values but needs to update management style
They work for their community
Great team

Needs more stability for jobs

Management structure and style needs updating

Nice offices with loads of parking but could go with-updating
Best company
Kingdom is the best company... staff and Management very helpful .... definitely i will give 100%..........5 star company

They always help new workers......................
A good employer
They treated me well, I did my job the best I could and I have received appraisals every 6 months until they scrapped the appraisal scheme due in part to Carillion's collapse.

Management is struggling because of the budget issues which seems to be a never-ending problem in local Govt in Great Britain.

Workers are professionals and very competent

Very much enjoyed my student job

Thank You.
Work experience
I compleyed my work experience here and enjoyed it very much. In addition to this, I also got the chance to work in a professional environment and enhance my skills.
A good working experience
Thoroughly enjoyed my contract with Ealing. Reshaping the SEN Transport section, writing new procedures, interviewing new staff and building the section up to cope with the future
Terrible management
The management were very unprofessional, rude, and dismissive in resolving any of my employment related issues. I did not feel protected by anyone higher up, because everyone covers for each other. And no one addresses the problem.

The customers were great, though.
Good Working Environment
The two directors I worked for were very supportive.
My Line Manager was also very supportive and helpful.

Staff were always willing to help you if your workload was heavy.
Pros
Relaxed working environment
Cons
Poor network connection
Putting People First
Every day is a fresh challenge.
The feel good factor makes it all worth while when you help someone and receive a very gracious, heart felt "Thank You".

Big smiles all round.
Pros
Flexible working hours
Cons
8 year pay freeze
Oversight, working for voters not Ealing Council
I was an elected Councillor and therefore did not work directly for the Council as such. The main problem is that as a Councillor you are part-time and have to have full-time work elsewhere. This means arranging appointments with Council officers is difficult
Landscape Management
A typical day would start at the office typing up contracts for the contractors to implement. This would involve inspection of all parks areas and the work carried out to the specification. Drawing up the new Contracts, liaising with members of the public, including taking service calls were all things required to be carried out on any given day. I learned how to negotiate at Client/ Contractor meetings and with the other specialty areas such as Arboriculture, Landscape Architects, the Conservation Section and other departments within the council such as Housing, Schools and Highways.
The hardest part of the job was preparing detailed documents for a particular project, which then is not implemented due to cutbacks.

Being involved in some major landscape projects was the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
Not being stuck behind the desk all the time.
Cons
Council cutbacks affecting the quality of work
first work role in British social services - excellent and supportive team
Assessment of young adults with physical disabilities and the writing of care plans was time consuming but with resources available it was good to know that clients needs would be met Excellent team spirit and supportive managers contributed greatly to my adjustment in the British system.
Pros
supportive team and small case loads
Can be better
Can improve working conditions. Management lack direction. Most staff members are nice and professional but seem to well under pressure. Again conditions can be improved.
Fun workplace - poor Management
Brilliant place to work but staff retention is poor!!!
Senior/Middle Managers do not appreciate the complexity of work undertaken by staff. Staff morale does not appear to be a priority!