E.ON Employee Reviews

United Kingdom350 reviews
Busy place to work and expected to manage your own work load. The company on development and encourages this. Helped to learn more about Health and Safety which included First Aid. E.on is strong on mental health and well being and always made people available to talk to. The hardest part of the job can be giving negative feedback but the most enjoyable was the fast pace to change adapting and giving great feedback.
Pros
Free parking, on site occupational health and well being
Cons
I’ve been here for nearly 3 years now and even though it’s forever changing I really like working here and do not intend on leaving anytime soon. It’s been challenging but I’m always up for a challenge
Pros
Yearly bonus’s
Cons
The change about to made in shift pattern
great place to work at eon , nice and quite environment
good projects and good team

weekly presentations and demos

the way of interview was nice and good
Middle management has caused a toxic environment, basically all Middle management and tech specs trying too climb ladder, has created a devious, toxic working environment. Not going to lie, was a good firm 3 years ago, but the changes has been unreal. If your FTL/FSM takes a dislike for any reason then be on your guard, they have all the tools at there disposal to get rid of you, and will put in the effort and time to achieve this!
Pros
Stay off the radar and you're fine
Cons
Toxic mentally, no care for staff, management detached
Best company i ever worked for. There were times when stress levels were there, but with great management and a fantastic team i passed them every time.
Worked as a customer service advisor for six years at E.ON. Management expect advisors to handle two 'live chat's' simultaneously which I found stressful and counter to the principles of delivering excellent customer service. E.ON have off shored areas of customer facing roles to South Africa, despite the previous CEO Tony Cocker pledging to customers that this would never be the case, only a couple of years ago. The undergoing Business restructure has only led to further problems for both employees and customers; and led to an increased stressful workplace due to the ensuing backlogs and complaints. When I mentioned to Management I was suffering from work related stress they expected me to take antidepressants and carry on, without any concern for my mental health. In sum, E.ON, is akin to most call centre environments where Management is seem much more focused on stats than the well being of their employees. The best part of the job was finishing at 4.00pm, unless you were unlucky enough to take another complaint at 3.55pm!
Very clicky if you are not into going out for a group drink every night or group activities every weekend you wont make it here. High consentration of information to take in . Pressured to up sale to customers and high targets to achieve every day . If your face doesnt fit with the team leader no matter what your achievement you wont be listened to and your out .
The management needs to be addressed and properly trained in their job, or even employ people better suited for the job, unprofessional is an understatement.
Competitively paid - overall the firm is great to work for. Majority of people there are lovely. The jobs not easy it’s stressful and dealing with the general public is the hardest part. I think a small number of managers aren’t too nice to staff below them
They talk about looking after you ( top management but that's just cheap talk, lies andmore lies ),and then just ignore what they have just said( your line manager),its all about the numbers not quality.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at E.ON?
I started as a meter reader, then progressed to fitting meters. The support and training is excellent, and they always support you in what you want to do, especially if you want to go further .
Pros
Salary, O/t
Cons
Proud to work for well known energy company who at the time were the leaders in their field. Strong safety culture. Realistic targets setting. Opportunity to work autonomously
Pros
Meeting public, physical health benefits, working from home base.
Cons
Initial employment via third party on zero hours contract, no security
I enjoy working at Eon. It has good pay and benefits. Training is provided which is useful for future employment too. Must be flexible as job role can vary.
I have worked in the power generation industry for over 30 years on for various companies & on various power stations.

By far the most relaxed & professional power station that I have worked at.

Sandbach CHP.
5 diectors in 5 years constantly going through poorly managed change with little support always trying to squeeze more out of you. Does not support development. Does not recognise experience. Case of if your face fits. Very uncomfortable
Not a very pleasant place to work
Terrible company to work for bad planning bad conditions bad management
Sub managers haven’t a clue regarding people skills and how to talk and treat fellow employees 👎👎
Working at E,on taught me basic skills and skills needed for the future. A typical day at work would be busy but putting the customers and meeting their needs was our first priority.
all a bit to much, busy with the outgoing incoming calls and the breaks were well tight, the train service to get down the bay is truely awful, , but the staff are ok
After the usual promises of non agency employment never arrived and the work load being more and more ridiculous with travelling for a 4 hour round trip on the off chance a customer might be there, it has been going down hill for a while and as we are all out of our jobs very soon through bad management and lack of planning I cant recommended working for them at all.
Given free rain to make decisions for my team. Trusted to do the right thing by people, customers and the business. Peer to peer support and respect.
Workwd at E.on for 5 years. By far, the best work place i ever been in. I have always been treated fair and the development opportunity is there all the time.