E.ON Employee Reviews

Great people to work with staff always willing to help you
Dual Fuel Meter Fitter (Former Employee) –  Suffolk9 April 2019
E on excellent to work for. Managers always there to help ,band 8 great (supervisor)will come to you if you have a problem. Good company van fill tool kit van well stocked, training excellent.
Pros
All good
tough place to work
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow23 March 2019
Worked for E.ON for two years in Glasgow city centre via an outsource company (not E.ON directly).

Job was basically answering calls and helping the customers with their queries. A lot to learn and take on, as the customers may have a billion different queries and you must know the answers to all of them while maneuvering the slow and overcomplicated systems at the same time. It was very emotionally draining because the customers were rude, unpleasant and ignorant at most times; the call queues were ridiculous (usually at least 20 minutes to get through). Sometimes 1 hour+ wait to call another department. You were also expected to raise and resolve complaints with customers shouting at you all day long, also sell tariffs, book smart meter appointments, and hit 20 other targets on a daily basis.. Long hours, Saturday shifts, no work/life balance as you are always tired and overworked. Too demanding for such little pay. Hard work is rarely acknowledged with more than 300 staff on call floor.. Turnover was crazy. No one liked working there, not even senior staff! Many staff would leave/take days off due to mental health issues, which was no surprise. The environment was toxic.

On a bright side, we had a highly diverse staff, there was a good floor support, very steady work hours and job security. Some opportunities to develop, such as progress to training, HR, QA, management.
Pros
job security, floor support, perfect location
Cons
long hours, extremely stressful, too demanding
Non inclusive call centre
CUSTOMER SERVICE ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  Bedford19 March 2019
I found working for E-ON in the nearly two years of working for that company to be an atmosphere with an unbalanced demographic of age which creates marginalisation. Work environments with diversity, in my opinion, work best. I prefer to work in non-toxic environments where age discrimination and status prejudice don't exist.

The best bit about working for E-ON getting paid and the drive home.

The cons of working for E-ON too many to mention call-centre soul destroying, the office I worked had a culture where unpleasant types of people thrive not something I want to be part of.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Loads
Rubbish & Bad Management
No job anymore (Former Employee) –  Uk13 March 2019
You try your hardest but never good enough. Equality is not implemented in the workplace. There will always be a miscarriage of justice, false accusations and RACISM. The managers team up and bully staff members who they believe are “Vulnerable”. There will also be malicious defamation towards ones character and treated less of a person. Favouritism also plays a big negative role. Business & community solutions department at Phoenix park management is absolutely POOR and a DISGRACE.
Pros
You can smile on your lunch.
Cons
The managers bully you.
Credit Operations Agent (Former Employee) –  Nottingham4 March 2019
great management, there is a great chance of progression within the company as I have been able to demonstrate this by being there less than 2 years now.
Great opportunity
Internship (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire22 February 2019
Great opportunity to learn about an established EMS system in a large corporation. Great team to work for and good future opportunities to work for E.ON.
Pros
Future job roles
Cons
No jobs currently in nottingham
Good overall
Electric and Smart Meter Technician (Former Employee) –  London25 January 2019
Good company - not very good pay traing is good but progression is who you know and not what what you know
if your face fits you'll go a long way....
Pros
Traing
Cons
progression
Hard working busy environment happy
Snr Comm Del. Admin & Proj Admin Humber WindFarm (Former Employee) –  Coventry, West Midlands18 January 2019
My positions at Eon were always extremely busy days. Always challenging and diverse.

Prioritising workload was essential and being able to work unsupervised.

Very Corporate. Too many meetings for meetings sake.

The diversity of the jobs and being left to get on with it was the best part.
Pros
Canteen, Good working environment
Cons
Very Corporate
PMO Manager (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire13 January 2019
A great place to work for both Contractors and Permanent employees. The work is always very exciting and change is permanent in this place. I managed a process improvement change Programme and enjoyed my time.
Productive and fun environment
CUSTOMER SERVICE ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  Bedford, Bedfordshire6 January 2019
Eon was my first job and I really didn’t know what to expect. Interviewing stage they would make you do activities with other candidates which was fun and show your potential. Once I’ve been selected I had 2 weeks training which again was fun as you’re interacting with other new colleagues and doing fun activities. Once I’ve been placed on my team I had to learn on the job. Each team memebers were supportive and made it feel like home. My team members had each other back and felt safe. The management level was really good my team manager helped me how to provide a better customer service and senior managers were very supportive and they do encourage progression only if you’re interested. Salary was something I wasn’t expected, I used to be on a salary of £17,000 after sometime I realised that my salary been increased which was a pleasant surprised and pay rise is amazing. Not all company would not pay how Eon payed. Overall if you’re looking for a good place to work and earn good money then Eon is the best place especially if you’re new to the work environment.
Pros
Fun environment progression made and good pay
Cons
1/5 days working till 8pm
Great Workplace, poor management!
Retentions Agent (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire31 December 2018
If you're looking for a Monday - Friday 9-5 no strings attached job then look no further! All colleagues are more than friendly and only want the same as yourself, to leave at bang on 5pm and earn a little commission.

Management will constantly try for more and more from you however if you remember that at 5pm its not your problem you'll have a great time!

Food van nearby also great and EON canteen isn't too shabby either - just a little pricy!
Pros
Good Environment
Cons
Bad Management
Having worked at Eon for 28 years it must be a good place to work
Business Analyst / Change Agent Dec (Current Employee) –  Bedford22 December 2018
Really enjoyed working at Eon - have learnt many transferrable skills.

Good work life balance.

Opportunities for career progression.

Very friendly place to work.
Not a terrible place to work & at times can be fun
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire9 December 2018
Huge amount and high frequency of change that can have a very definite impact on your role so if you like security and stability this may not be the place for you. It's not unusual to have several different line managers over the course of a year even if you have stayed in the same role.

Good atmosphere but training is not structured
Complaints Resolution Manager (Current Employee) –  Leicester, Leicestershire4 December 2018
Lack of support and was told at interview that I would not have to work Saturdays but after getting the job advuved woukd have to work every Saturday.training is not structured
Pros
Cons
Lack of support
Fast Paced environment with Endless change
Lead Adviser (Former Employee) –  Phoenix Park and bilborough27 November 2018
E.ON can be a rewarding and exciting environment to work in.

There is a huge amount and high frequency of change that can have a very definite impact on your role so if you like security and stability this may not be the place for you. It's not unusual to have several different line managers over the course of a year even if you have stayed in the same role.

There are many opportunities for development and advancement but it is a very corporate environment so you need to play the game by their rules. Also I have seen many colleagues end up on endless secondments without getting an actual advancement/change of role for several years.
Pros
Many development opportunities
Cons
Rapid and frequent change and restructuruing
good company
Team Manager (Former Employee) –  Rotherham, South Yorkshire23 November 2018
great benefits and pay bit boring at times but friendly atmosphere was like a family some however lack of communication at times
not bad shifts treated fairly in most cases however slight favouritism at times by few managers
Worst Company and Bullying environment
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  New stead Nottingham15 November 2018
I have worked here for 13 years and have been a victim of bullying myself . Only if you are favourite you can do as little work as possible make as many mistakes as possible and walk around in front of management chatting to other colleagues and at the end of the year they will give you expectional that’s a bonus of over a 1000 pound for doing a sweet nothing. I applied for other roles on my own back they give you very little support for progression and you have to do everything in your own time. I witnessed managers going out there way to help the favourites and made sure they secured jobs in management. They get short of staff as more people are either sacked or leave coz they are not happy putting more pressure on loyal existing staff and they expect you to work like a machine. While they are understaffed the work keeps on piling up and even the managers when they do our jobs for 2 days can’t even hit target. Unfair environment they make you feel you are doing something wrong coz your not hitting unachivable targets and really care about you but only bothered there own arses. Terrible environment stay away.
Pros
Colleagues are nice and share the Same problem
Cons
You need to be a favourite
Sales Consultant
Energy Consultant (Former Employee) –  Leicester, Leicestershire9 November 2018
Door to door consultant for Eon in the Leicestershire area. working to provide energy efficient solutions for peoples Gas and electricity requirements.
Pros
excellent support
Cons
No forward growth within the role.
Working for EON
Data Collector (Former Employee) –  Leicester6 November 2018
Working without supervision most of the time. having to prioritize and manage workload. A typical day would be spent going from house to house or industrial unit/factory and checking both electricity and gas meters both for billing purposes and in order to meet safety checks. The hardest part of the job was sometimes working to a very tight time frame but continuing to produce accurate and relevant data. The enjoyable parts of the job were finding the answers to a query on a customers account. Also working outdoors much of the time was enjoyable in all but the most extreme weather.
Pros
Lots of autonomy. Being outdoors getting fresh air, no two days the same
Cons
Low pay, sometimes antisocial hours, low level risk of injury.
You have to like working on your own as there was little interaction with other staff
Field Debt Solutions Meter Technician (Former Employee) –  North East, if required the north of England.2 November 2018
You had poor management support regarding technical issues and also an understanding of work timing issues.
Bonus scheme felt like management looked for ways of reducing or removing any bonus.
Cons
Poor team leader managment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at E.ON. Our community is ready to answer.