E-zec Medical Transport Services Ltd
Here to help
Coronavirus update

E-zec Medical Transport Services Ltd Employee Reviews

United Kingdom45 reviews
I worked for ezec for 2 years and gave it my all, but unfortunately that was not enough I think if they took your last breath they would keep taking, I have never worked in such a toxic poisonous place the call centre is the most untrusting place ever. Road crew are awesome but have a manager who is completely in comparison to cruella da vill on a good day totally untouchable, manager giving call handlers promotion to assist contracts manager without advertising the role the whole system is a jokd
beuntouchable
Pros
None avoid
Cons
If you like a knife in the back work hete
Senior management bully staff. would not recommend working here. High turn over of people due to the way they make people feel. Do not bother applying
Cons
DO NOT work here.Incompetent management, poisonous working atmosphere led by fear, massive staff turnover says it all. Only apply if you like being treated like a football!! Guess what?-they pay peanuts but even monkeys shouldn't be treated like this.
Pros
you have a job
Cons
you don't want this job!
Working at E-zec is challenging day to day but so rewarding, love the personal side of the job getting to meet colleagues from all over the uk. Management and staff have been great with welcoming me into my role.
Pros
paid lunch break, great atmosphere
Cons
Working at EZEC is a pleasure each day you walk into something new, many jobs in the world can say that but very few actually deliver on that!. In my time here I have met some truly wonderful people and had the ability to be able to help assist and care for them in their hour of need. Nailsea station is a family like station where we are all treated fairly by our Team Leader, it’s not the biggest or the prettiest station going but whilst it shows it’s age it definitely has the closest and best staff in the region. We do our best by our colleagues and team leader and she does her best by us, sometimes there are days when the planners can have their off moments and work needs reshuffling but that’s all part of the mystery of something new everyday. Coming into this job it wasn’t the job I saw myself ever progressing in or remotely being a part of but now I’m here, I’m here for the long run or to progress inside the business as this business has welcomed me with open arms.
Pros
Even Shift:Rest day ratio, family like staff, fair and even.
Cons
Too few to mention without being picky
Nailsea and E-zec are an amazing company to work for....my team leader is amazing she is fair to ALL staff no matter what the problems are. The team leader and E zec always try and solve problems. Please ignore the negative comments about this company as im sure they have grudges to bear due to their own behaviour and issues with the company. Nailsea Bristol and Yate are lovely depots to work out off, the staff that are here now are amazing its like being part of one big family. Please come and try us we welcome u with open arms and wait to you meet the team leader she is pretty amazing and nothing is too much trouble wonderful depot wouldn't wont to work anywhere else
Pros
like a family, nice shifts, excellent team leader
Cons
no sick pay, no increments and bank holidays
Without a doubt the most ridiculous company to work for, they cannot control their staff and bullying seems to be the answer of everything. You are not allowed a social life and we constantly threatened and blackmailed if you bring it up. The company do not know the meaning of patient care, the patient doesn’t matter to management. They’re all just money bags. The call centre is full of unqualified monkeys who can barley count to theee.
Cons
The Worcester contract director had no care for staff welfare and believed patients came first... I’ve worked in the health care sector for years now and staff wellbeing comes first and foremost. Also, the appointed team leaders were just ACA’s who were power crazy and didn’t care that they undermined demoralised and spoke to me in a very derogatory and careless manner. Did they get punished for that? No. Did I get punished for playground gossi? Yep. Was it fair? No,
Pros
Cons
Everything. Poor management and no support.
Poor company they bully staff just a profit seeking outfit avoid this company the team leaders are afraid of upper management so they can't control the teams
Pros
Cons
Poor salary cheap uniforms bad management
Disgusting company . Management and HR they don't care about you .
SEGREGATION between Ex- NHS drivers which they get different pay and get the best hours to work even though you work for the same company.
Pros
Early finish and still paid
Cons
Vehicles are cheap and abused
E- ZEC is a really productive company always looking for perfection in patient care and safety providing excellent service. also nice friendly and respectful.
I lasted 6 months with this company.my team leader was terrible.no support or organisation. Really bad duty of care and employees doing things they shouldn't.worked alone with no experience after a month
If you like people contact and enjoy caring for patients and can cope with the stress at times this is the job for you. Your colleagues are a great bunch, and keep each other laughing
Absolutely the best job I have ever had. The main reason is the camaraderie between members of staff, and meeting and helping the Patients. The salary may not be spectacular, but the reward and satisfaction you get when overcoming challenges to help Patients makes up for it.
This company is money driven to the detriment of patients and staff. almost minimum wage and no pay rise for 5 years. Definitely avoid E-Zec at all costs.
I was unfortunately tupeed over to E-Zec They promised to improve patient transport with us at an inductory meeting. From that fateful meeting over a three year period 80% colleagues left,many years of experience lost to the service. Putting patient care with this company first is laughable at best. I myself was bullied and victimised . To the Why does th N.H.S continue to give this company contracts Ezec always put a low quote to wi contract, and then few months on demand millions more ?? We supposed to be patient care not parcel care.!!extent I had a mental breakdown
Very busy, very stressful, underpaid and not a lot of support to assist. The other staff bring the fun and laughter which hides the problems. No progression opportunity.
Company has Contract Managers that have no idea how to run one. They will not back you but will run to HR to hide. Which is fine as HR in the Southwest have absolutely no idea. Don't be fooled into believing that you as an individual are in the wrong. As soon as you mention legal action they will crumble and backtrack as they have no idea of employment law. Any law come to think of it.
Pros
Na
Cons
?Na
The training for this role was wholly inadequate given the highly vulnerable, high-dependency patients we were dealing with. The first aid training I received at secondary school was of better quality.

Questioning authority, even when patient welfare was at risk, was not considered to be inappropriate behaviour, and there was no escalation route if there were issues. If you informally escalated an issue, then this could lead to disciplinary action. This was particularly concerning when decisions were made by patient liaison officers which would directly contravene basic safety standards, and put patients' welfare and lives at risk.

Many of the ambulances are not fit for purpose. There were incidents of stretchers coming out of the locking mechanism when patients were in transit, seats that would not lock into place, broken seat belt catches, seat belt attachment points that were not adequately fixed, and would break free. When these issues were reported, there was no resolution if fleet didn't happen to be on site.

The work environment was not a comfortable one to be in - if your face doesn't fit, you'll find life very hard, until you leave (whether you jump or are pushed!). It is the sort of culture where back stabbing, and scape-goating is common place. The company will take no responsibility for any issues, and manage to ensure that a minion takes the fall.

The company cares neither for its patients' or its staffs' welfare. It truly is a toxic work place.
Always putting pressure on you. Blaming you for mistakes managers do. Impossible times to get patients to appointments. No understanding of staff needs eg breaks, no time to eat or drink. Long journeys, with no breaks. Really alfull place to work for.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, uncaring management, lots of pressure to get jobs done on time, impossible jobs
From my first day training was poor, also all the staff upstairs on phones where I was didn’t like new staff, a case of if your face doesn’t fit then zero help. Crews on ambulances lovely, but staff in office were rude & nasty about patients & other staff members. Higher management were a joke.