E (Gas and Electricity Ltd)

E (Gas and Electricity Ltd) Employee Reviews

The best call centre
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands15 December 2019
Over the years I've worked in a number of call centres, but at E it's completely different. The managers, trainers and the colleagues are all so helpful. Since joining I've build a great working relationship with my manager, who has also installed self confidence into me which I didn't know I had. Opportunity for progression. A number of colleagues have moved departments and stepped up to be managers.
Pros
The peolpe
Good rates of pay
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire15 December 2019
If you're willing to put the work in you can achieve some great rates of pay.

Uniform provided.

Worked here for coming on 7 months and plan to continue for sometime.

Highly recommend to anyone who Is willing to put the hours in
Pros
Pay
Great Call Centre environment
Customer Service Advisor (Full-time) (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands10 December 2019
If you've had previous experience or if you're looking to venture into the Call Centre environment, E (Gas & Electricity is for you.

Working environment is great. Colleagues and management are lovely.

Management always willing to go the extra mile and provide constant support whether on a work or personal level.

Opportunity to progress and so many different areas to move into within the company.

Social events throughout the year which brings everyone together outside of the working environment.
Pros
Free breakfast!!!
Can't speak highly enough of the company
I recently started at the company as a customer service advisor and I can honestly say I’m loving my time here. To start with the variety of training techniques received during the four weeks of training. The trainer was so helpful and approachable which made my nervy start that much easier. The workload is varied as no two calls are the same and the days seem to fly by. To top it off we recently had a Christmas Party which was completely free!! This was a first for any company I’ve ever worked for in the past.
Pros
Training was a personal highlight
Cons
As of yet, none
Avoid at all cost!!!
Complaints Handler (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands30 November 2019
I was unsure about this company from the start but after having my interview I was convinced I didn't want to work here ! The interview questions are ridiculous not to mention the team leader and the manager taking the interview ! I was offered the job and took it as I needed money but guys! for what's it worth I wouldn't recommend this company to my worse enemy ! They have bizarre expectations and the management employee are always leaving! don't blame them its very unprofessional and they just want you to be a robot !
Cons
Avoid working here at all costs
Telesales Executive (Former Employee) –  Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands2 October 2019
100% By far this was the worst place I have worked. The manager expects you to put work Life over home life 100% of the time. The atmosphere in the office is awful, you feel as if you’re constantly being watched, team members are very sly and very quick to throw you under the bus if you did make a mistake. Expects you not to talk to any of your colleagues or he will come running over to ask what you were talking about. You get told to face the front like you’re in some type of school class. Promised lots of progression in interview but failed to see any staff member working there who had experienced progression.
Good environment to Earn Skills and Money
Energy Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Leeds5 August 2019
Guys if you want a rewarding challenge working for a company that offers stand out benefits in the energy market? Look no further than E well worth your time giving it a go as they pay well and on time. And you get support and tips along the way to get your firing.
Team Manager – Call Centre
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands28 July 2019
Working within the company was always a pleasure, I loved being able to assist my colleagues and more importantly the customers. No working day was the same, which made going to work was something I would genuinely look forward to.

I was gifted with a great team who always wanted to help each other out. I have some very found memories of working here which has given me the experience I had today.
Pros
Great team, location.
Ongoing support & guidance
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands28 July 2019
I am currently approaching my second year of working for E. My original role was a customer service advisor and then I moved across into the back office. Whilst I was in the call centre I really enjoyed my time there and my manager was great. The ongoing support I received which was what resulted in me gaining the confidence and moving departments. It is a working environment like no other. If you’re willing to work hard, then E is a place you can build your career!
Pros
Progression
Cons
n.a
Professional & Enjoyable place to work
Overall I find E (Gas & Electricity) a great place to work. The day to day work is enjoyable, some challenging calls which can be expected in a call centre environment but majority of the tasks isn’t to demanding. Mixture of staff. Young & old. The culture is great! I’ve met several new friends.
Pros
Social events put on by HR throughout the year.
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands16 July 2019
Amazing place to work, incentives lack however. Staff all help each other, management take into consideration the input from employees, targets easily achieved.
Good work place. Good management.
energy advicer door to door sales (Former Employee) –  Merseyside15 July 2019
Good job but wages wasn't good .
just pay as you go.s all you could do..
Need to work your tail off to get your bonus.
Very good management named gavin . Amazing man will help you every day . Make sure you make money.
The pay ,you get "for each deal. For Gas and electricity you get 27 pounds for a housee. You need to do 50 customers every week to reach good wages.
Cons
Excellent but wasn't for me.
Solihull (Former Employee) –  Solihull6 June 2019
During my time at E Gas and Electricity I worked in the validation team in which where I called future customers to see if they definitely wanted to switch Gas and Electric to E Gas.
Pros
free drinks
Cons
wasnt the right job role for me
Friendly and fun environment to work
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands20 May 2019
When I first started at the company, I was made to feel so welcome from the very first day. All the managers, trainers and colleagues made me feel right at home from the get go which always makes starting a new job that bit easier. The calls that you take are always different so the work doesn’t become boring and repetitive. I have referred the company to two people who have recently started training who also share my opinion on the job. Dress down day every Friday. You have to work some Saturdays but I enjoy the day off in the week which balances it out.
Pros
Varied calls / tasks
Cons
Some Saturday shifts
Good job in the energy industry
Since joining the company in 2018 I have built a great knowledge of the energy industry.
The management are fantastic, feedback is given but it is delivered in a constructive and positive way.
Built great relationships with my colleagues both in and outside of work.
Good rates of pay for call centre work.
The company is constantly growing which brings opportunities to progress. Your hard work doesn’t go unnoticed.
Break out facilities are great.
Would recommend E to anybody who is thinking of applying as I love it here!
Pros
Break out facilities, growing company.
Perfect Location!
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands16 May 2019
I enjoy the fast paced environment. The days go by so quick.

Varied calls throughout the day so the work doesn't become repetitive.

I've gained loads of new skills since being in the job.

Ongoing training not just when you're a new starter.

Support always on hand.

Perfect location for more as I get the train to work, the train station is a couple of minutes walk from the office.

I started around December time and I've really enjoyed my time here and long may it continue.
Pros
Train station minutes away
Cons
Some weekend work
Great working environment & atmosphere
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands14 May 2019
This is by far the best call centre I have worked in after working in the customer service Industry for nearly 7 years.
I have a great work relationship with my manager and colleagues.
Great training provided.
When I first started I received great support from my fellow team memebers.
Would recommend to anyone looking for call centre work!
Pros
Free tea, coffee and cereal
Cons
None that come to mind
Awful place to work
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Birmingham13 May 2019
The hours are long, the role is insecure, there are petty and unprofessional managers

Shocking abuse from customers and no support

Working past 8pm and not getting paid ! you get stuck on a call that comes through 3min before 8pm and you can guarantee its a complaint.
Pros
Close to train station
Cons
Long hours, insecurity, petty and unprofessional managers
If you're desperate enough...
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands2 May 2019
Worked here 2017-2018 whilst struggling to find work. The training is quick and shoddy with nearly half of the training group leaving before the two weeks are over.

Once on the floor, everybody is in their own little cliques. Lots of flirting between all and no attempt to hide it.

Management, on a whole, are very amateurish. Its like being told what to do by people who have never worked before.

Only take this job if you are desperate. I had it for nearly a year and it was like being back in school with the backstabbing, petty atmosphere and not being trusted or treated like an adult.

Glad i quit, although there are some decent people there but not many.
Pros
its a job
Cons
its an awful job
Good wage
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands27 April 2019
The wage is really good in comparison to my previous jobs in a call centre.

Again, in comparison to previous call centre roles the training here is far more in depth. I

t’s not just class room based which certainly suited my training techniques.

The learning never stops as there are constant refresher and coaching sessions.

There can be some challenging customers, but you are taught how to handle these situations.
Pros
Training
Cons
Challenging calls

Ask a question about working or interviewing at E (Gas and Electricity Ltd). Our community is ready to answer.

E (Gas and Electricity Ltd) Reviews by Location