Dyson Employee Reviews

A step-back in your career
Test Manager (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Malmesbury, Wiltshire17 January 2019
Avoid this company at all costs!
The most appalling work culture I have seen in 12 years as a consultant based on 'finger pointing'. In addition, Dyson has very poor processes for making people accountable of their actions which creates a very 'heavy' and stressful working environment.

I have spent 12 months in Dyson recently and I feel now that I have wasted this time. I would now recommend to anyone.
Pros
Pays well
Cons
Worst company culture I have seen in my career
Stagnant, Prehistoric and Boring
Senior Customer Service and Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Malmesbury23 July 2018
Management structure is awful, despite some clearly good person to person managers. Job advancement is promised to be a realistic option (it is not). There are more changes than imaginable, all of which are for the worse for both ourselves and our customers. DO NOT WORK HERE.
Cons
Long hours, Poor pay, awful management
Security/ No management
Scheduler/Administrator (Former Employee) –  East Grinstead, West Sussex19 August 2018
I felt that my job role was secure at this company but as the main head office was based up North we did not have the support of management. there was no benefits or any salary increase over the two years I was with the company.
Pros
ecurity
Great Company
GDM (Finance) Analyst (Former Employee) –  Malmesbury, Wiltshire9 December 2018
Great company to work for with a good work life balance. Friendly, challenging and new opportunities. Good work atmosphere. Professional and supportive.
Difficult and poor culture
IT Support (Former Employee) –  Malmesbury, Wiltshire27 January 2019
average length of employment is under 6 months. IT is the highest staff turnover I have ever seen by far.
staff is often expected to work unpaid overtime. technology is far being with an infrastructure over 10 years old and designed for a 10th of the current staff, IT is a struggle...
Pros
looks good on a CV
Cons
hours, culture
Fast-paced work environment with great people
Retail Project Intern (Former Employee) –  Malmesbury23 October 2018
Great working atmosphere and wonderful people. The innovative culture of Dyson is reflected very much in the sometimes unorganised way of things or lack of processes. As a consequence this is a place of proactivity where people with a "this is not in my job description"-mindset will not come far. The benefit however is, that one will grow a lot despite going through stressful periods.
Pros
Flexible working hours, gym, campus
Cons
candidate experience, lack of processes
Good culture
Digital Admin (Former Employee) –  Bristol, UK9 September 2018
The company have a good culture and mean well in regards to the nurturing of their employees. They appoint their employees to the most suited posts within their departments
Dyson will suit research and developers. Customer care is next to none it is amazing
Team Manager (Former Employee) –  Malmesbury, Wiltshire2 October 2018
When I first started with Dyson it was a fun place to work. Once we went global and started setting direct to the public things changed which didn't suit me. It will suit other people. They do not pay well in the customer service department which is a shame. Parking is a nightmare.
Pros
Innovative company to work for. Subsidised lunches etc.
Cons
Long hours for little pay.
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol21 September 2018
Very good place to work with good work life balance.
• Flexible and adaptive to any challenge
• Strong analytic and problem solving skills
• Experience organising and structuring meetings and conferences
• Ability to conform to deadlines and work under pressure
• Excellent team player with a strong sense of leadership
Fast paced and dynamic.
copy database executive (Former Employee) –  Malmesbury3 September 2018
I would write copy for operating manuals and assist with reviewal process for retail comms.

The culture was very high pressured but dynamic.

I learned a lot about being in a corporate environment and how to ensure deadlines are met and managing expectations.
Appalling
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Malmesbury11 August 2018
I wouldn’t bother applying the management have no respect for the staff they are overworked and unpaided when interviewing staff they need to be honest about the job description not make it out to be a magical place.
Pros
Some friendly staff
Cons
No thanks
Dyson
Service Desk Analyst (Current Employee) –  Malmesbury, Wiltshire16 July 2018
Good company to work for, however its not easy to progress.

Management needs improvement.

Advise for management : Listen to your people and make effort to motivate people.
Great Company But......
Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Malmesbury, Wiltshire26 January 2018
I had been working in Dyson Research for a few years. In general the company is good especially the top-level management and insight view to the future.

The main problem of this organisation, at this moment, is that level of management just above staff at fundamental layer and brown-nose culture at this layer is getting worse to allow some "ambitious" guys to acquire power during expansion of the company, not based on their skills.

I left the company and appreciate the chance given to learn and grow. I wish Dyson a bright future.
Pros
Top level management, Work life balance
Cons
brown-nose culture, politics and even bully
Cool company but odd function
IT Engineer (Current Employee) –  Malmesbury13 July 2018
Cool and innovative company but the way it's run is odd. Quick employee turn around. In-effiecient systems used to run the business behind the scenes. The good thing is they are willing to give you hefty responsibility and trust you to get on with things. But job security can be a worry.
Excellent company to work for
Expert (Current Employee) –  Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire23 December 2018
Working life balance as an Expert is great. Ability to manage self is a must. Generally left to increase your own sales and advice is always on hand. Amazing people to work with.
I'd rather dig graves for a living.
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Malmesbury Call centre16 July 2018
Very clicky working environment, similar to a school playground. Management either swallowed textbooks or the polar opposite and ganged up in groups to bad mouth employees.

My role began as a customer service role, but targets were consistently increased until sales became more important than offering a good service, and people began selling mis-selling ie: selling an unsuitably heavy, extortionately priced vacuum cleaner to an 102 year old with no legs, just to meet ever increasing targets.

Call centre staff were treated poorly compared to other Dyson employees. Example : Christmas bonuses for all staff except call centre, who worked longer hours, weekends, and bank holidays at no extra pay.

The breaks were short and canteen rammed, therefore making it virtually impossible to use, as entire break spent queuing.

Management very poor. Nobody willing to take ownership of problems, Managers very reluctant to take complaints calls. Highly embarrassing in cases, and finally...

The machines are no longer produced to the high standard I remember from the original machines. The style has become more important than the functionality of the machines. to the extent, where you can tell what machine a calling person has, by the renowned fault, and also know what problem they have as soon as you learn their machine.

The maintenance that Dyson vacuums require by their owners in order to work efficiently, turn the Dyson user into the vacuum cleaner!

Unless you already sold your soul, or want to sell it and kiss bottoms..

Don't work here!
Pros
Cons
Everything.
Cafe Staff
Café Assistant (Current Employee) –  Malmesbury25 June 2018
the benefits which are stated to attract you to the job are apparently only available for the office staff. catering staff are not given accessible benefits, even training has to be done outside of work hours. over time is often not paid but expected to be carried out. consistent understaffing leads to high staff turn over and burned out remaining staff. low moral, low appreciation, low pay.
Challenging and passionate about its products
Field Sales (Current Employee) –  Derbyshire2 February 2019
A great company to work for with a modern approach to problems, the business cares about the individual and prides itself on looking after its staff. the job roles can be challenging at times but the support offered from line managers is fantastic. Overall I would highly recommend the comp;any for anyone who loves technology and has a passion for what they do.
Pros
Loan demo machines for home use. good potential bonuses
Cons
Lots of travel sometimes required, Sales targets can be high
Good job, Good money
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Malmesbury, Wiltshire28 June 2018
Dyson is a good replicable company. They pay well. The work has a commission element but its not do or die every month and if you do hit it its a nice bonus. the work is repetitive and customers arent always very understanding but there are often prize draws and games going on to give you things to work for. Parking has been a problem in the past but they have recently made more spaces so its not too bad anymore. Never had any problems with the management, always really lovely and helpful
Great products friendly culture.
Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  United Kingdom22 December 2018
No overtime payment, no sales commission, but great products and lovely customers. Very well organised company. Left because can earn more money elsewhere. Really disappointed to leave.was proud to wear the uniform.
Pros
Friendly company
Cons
No sales commission.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dyson. Our community is ready to answer.