Dyson Employee Reviews

United Kingdom139 reviews
Kitchen porter
Worked in the kitchen as a kitchen porter. Hard work every day it was relentless. Catering for 200 dyson staff daily at lunchtime.
Hardest part was multitasking. So many tasks to do. Could not keep my eyes open going home with lift from work mate.
No job security no future a lot of politics
No job security, no future
It’s a gamble

You never know what happens next

You might get notice to leave anytime

No matter how hard you work either you are permanent or temporary employee. Be ready to get kicked out anytime
Do not work for this company
Management bad, Support bad, the people are nice. Pay is decent you get more than the managers of currys. Do not work there it isnt worth the hassle. You are judged based on percentage sold and not numbers unlike other sales reps. You must get the inventoy for other companies. If your in a low income area its pretty hard to sell the v11's and v10's as no one can afford them. The store i was in had the best shark rep in the country. Lovely lady but dyson gave me no support to country a sales rep of 40 years. Work for shark they are much nicer. Dyson are not good employers. The only benefit is the pay thats it
Would not recommend
Was told this was a great place to work , but no way is it management of cafes are a disgrace they treat there staff and let others away with things totally disgraceful!!!!!!!!
This job was the perfect stop gap
Good training, part time hours are good. Gym and a machine after 6 month’s service at minimal cost. Essentially too much high pressure selling for me in the long term but the job suited me in the interim
Pros
Hours
Cons
A good company to work for, with some problems.
All in all I had a very positive experience, I would especially point to the possibility for progression within the business as a really positive factor. However, there are problems, I would say that a lack of direction from management on the operational side of the business is problematic. This does not apply, from what I can tell, for the engineering side, who are given a more direction. The office culture was, for me, very positive, and it was always very exciting to work at a company with such great tech, I would suggest Dyson to a friend.
give anyone a chance if the want to do it in the early days
Started at dyson as a line operator and worked my way up to technical analyst. This was before Dyson ever had an IT department but i pushed for it as the product was great and knew the opportunities are and still are.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
A few frustrations but overall very good.
Great place to work with one of two issues

- Not enough desks for all staff members.

- Slightly fragmented knowledge sharing within the business.

- Not as collaborative as one would like
Dyson
Business is trying to sell itself as a company with high performance and culture where as it is dysfunctional and chaotic. A real shame because of there aspirations.
Stylist
Dyson will put you up in an amazing hotel for two nights pay for travel down to head office and sugar coat your job. Your actual job will be nothing like it here’s why:

I worked every single Friday Saturday Sunday, alone in a store which was naturally quite. I was aloud 30 minutes break over a 9 hour shift, the 9 hour shift included me STANDING!!! For the whole time. You see your manager rarely. My manager was lovely may I add however when I handed my notice in she became extremely cold. EXPECT to work every single bank holiday, your holidays not being authorised if there in a “busy period” yet you could be stood there with little to no custom. You will have Selling targets that are unrealistic £299.99 for a hair dryer in a store and an area in which is quite is HARD!! And when you aren’t selling your asked why? Your store will be compared to bigger stores in your region making you look bad.

As a part time job it takes over your life quickly!!!! And this job isn’t suitable for students. I got asked to take time out of my degree YES!!! My degree.. to attend a overnight stay 4 hours away on a day that weren’t my day to work anyway.

I wouldn’t recommend as a company.

But the pay is good!
Pros
Pay
Cons
Long hours, unprofessional managers
Dyson
Mes managers et l’équipe avec laquelle j’ai travaillé étaient géniaux . J’ai également aimé pouvoir aider les clients à résoudre leurs problèmes avec leurs appareils .
Very nice working environment
The typical day at work is typically full of innovative things happening all around the business buildings. I learned a lot about the industry problematic, dynamics and how to act under tight deadlines. The workplace culture is such that you never fill stressed and really enjoying meeting co-workers to discuss and solve engineering matters.
The management style, however, should be improved. Since Dyson grew very quickly in the last few years the teams structures tend to vary significantly and therefore is very difficult to have a consistent judgement of your own work.
Pros
Freedom to work and not feeling afraid of mistakes, flexible working hours
Cons
Quality of performance evaluation (never been stable in the last six years)
Typical Contact Centre
Over worked and underpaid.

Days are long and boring. Management are quick to jump down your throat when you have a bad day but do not congratulate you on positives.

'We solve the problems others ignore' yet if we don't make sales then we are punished. We should be resolving the problems at hand and not trying to grab money at every opportunity.

You feel isolated with no time to talk to friends or colleagues in the day.
Dyson
Some parts of Dyson are okay, other parts of the business get bank holidays off and Christmas and weekends and the contact centre have to work all weekend, 2 days off at Christmas, all bank holidays, and no double pay. They also get no Christmas bonus like the rest of the business.
Interesting and Varied
As soon as you step in, Dyson feels like a company that is looking towards the future. A sophisticated ID system means high-tech company secrets stay behind closed doors and inspiring design is everywhere from the architecture to the cafe equipment. A bustling and exciting environment that makes you feel part of something bigger.
Poor culture
Business is trying hard to tell itself it has a high performance culture whereas in reality it’s dysfunctional and chaotic They need to turn their aspirations into actions
Awful
Avoid this place at all costs! Management don’t see you as a human being, they see you as a number. They will go to any lengths to get you to sell products to customers calling in weather that customer has a brand new machine that was purchased last week, you will still be made to try and sell again! When calling in sick, you will be asked a million and one questions “have you called a Dr, can’t you just come in this afternoon instead?” Call queues are about 45 mins at the moment and we are being told to lie to the customer and tell them it’s because a lot of people are calling in to order new machines at the moment!! Treated and patronised like school children. Not 1 person in there (Barr a few managers) are happy with the job but it’s a case of tell us what you aren’t happy about and we will ignore it anyway. As you are seen as a number, you are easily replaced so what you think doesn’t matter!!
Good work environment
Dyson is a wonderful company to work for with brilliant benefits and a team that looks after you. I would recommend working for such a diverse company to anyone.
OK place to work
Pros
very Interesting work, Good work-life balance, Pay is reasonably good

Cons

Poor management, Very opaque promotion/pay review process. poor staff retention. hard to get enthusiastic about many of there products
Good career progression
Wonderful work and home life balance.
Friendly staff.

Good transport links.

Friendly and accommodating staff members.

Fast career progression available.
Productive & fun workplace
Great company to work for at the forefront of modern design and techniques.
Lovely people