DXC Technology
Information from DXC Technology:

DXC Technology Employee Reviews

United Kingdom173 reviews
Complex and conservative
A global IT service company that has grown through acquisition and sometimes struggles with its own culture. Work is competitive and working hard is not always a guarantee of personal growth success. You will get to learn a lot of skills and apply your knowledge and skills if you are willing to find the roles and assignments that are more interesting.
Pros
Good benefits package
Cons
middle management navel gazing and job protection
Avoid this place at all costs
As a current employee all I can say is that you will only get anywhere in here if your face fits. The managers are inept, have no idea how to run a contact centre and will quite happily leave you work an 8 hour shift with no breaks.

If you are ever stuck on call after you have finished your shift, you can consider yourself working for free; you will never get your time back. You will however get a stern talking to if you are 8 seconds late for logging on the phones.

If you work bank holidays and get time off in leiu, trying to get that time back from the inept leadership team is like talking to a frozen chicken.

I and many others are continuously ignored by management when we ask them questions. We also had a group of people join the team on a apprenticeship basis who were put on the phone and have little or no idea about the job. The training was non existent. When trainees ask the manager for genuine help, they only response they get is 'google it'.

In short, its a terrible place to work, they are not interested in the quality of the calls or helping people out, they just want bums on seats to take as many poor quality calls they possibly can.

The manager who took charge only seems to be able to get people to faill in line with fear and intimidation (unless he likes you). Not management material whatsoever.

They even changed the overtime rate for weekend work AFTER people had worked it then refused to pay them the correct rate.

AVOID!!!!!!!
Cult like and fearful; always re-structuring and very American
Cult like and fearful; always re-structuring and very American. Face fits, intolerant to change or advisement. It was rare to find a good manager, and when they want prpogress they fly in a yank to create a "crisis".
Dreadful place to work.
Pros
None really, except you can manage them by confusion, and a lot of them are simply not as bright as they think they are.
Cons
Toxic culture; lack of support; prioritsation, etc., etc.
Simply Awful company to work for.
The primary focus is profit at the cost of staff. DXC are committed to replacing experienced and underpaid staff with graduates with no experience. DBA teams were laid off giving us the inability to support our account fully putting us in a very serious situation when there were database issues and upgrades required
Pros
Rest of the staff were great
Cons
No pay rises, bonuses, or recognition no matter how hard you work.
Good but also large
Spent 21 years with 5 or 6 roles over the years. Learned a lot from very good managers and worked with some great people. Took a while to progress through the ranks and wanted to achieve more.
No opportunity to promote or get pay rise
No opportunity to promote or get pay rise as company unofficial policy is not give pay rises or promote within. Brand of the company not good but new CEO trying to make steps to improve overall. Great team to work with and work very interesting and rewarding.
Not the best
Some people are lovely, others make work difficult. No consideration for the human, people are process driven and will work you to your death. Promises of promotion and pay rises are dangling carrots and never obtained. They will work you until you realise their game and give up, to which at the last minute they seem to be able to action promotion/pay rise, but by then it's too late.
Great team of people but the company does not reward performance
Working in a small highly productive and responsive team alongisde other teams was very positive, a great group of people to work with. The work was challenging at times but the local teams always helped each other out. The role allowed us to specialise in different areas and learn new skills. Towards the end of my time they introduced an 'agile' way of working to cross train people in each others jobs. This was apparently to secure our positions there. Ironcially 2 months later and I'm redundant (admittedly by my own choice).

DXC offers 'benefits' that are paid for by salary sacrifice. The concierge service being a particualarly tempting offer that I sadly had to decline because of the cost. It was interesting to find life and sickness cover cheeper elsewhere!

After 3 promotions it was also interesting to find that DXC were bringing new staff in on the same job code then requiring redundancy from this job level. Whilst also bringing in 2 new graduates to do some of my work.

DXC does not reward performance, I was promoted without a pay rise or bonus and received no pay rise in 5 years despite consistently doing very well on my appraisals. Many others were the same, some not receiving pay rises for 7 years.

I cannot recommend a company who does not invest in their staff. The on call rate did not increase after over 19 years!
Avoid at all costs
Avoid at all costs - not sure what else to say but have to pad this out to 150 characters apparently. Anyway, hope you're having a nice day and good luck in any job search
A lot of change
Constant change and lack of leadership during my tenure. Great people but difficult to see how they will adapt in the market. Growth slow and constant cost cutting mentality
Fair paced Work
DXC has a high number of employees and it is possible to get lost amongst the size of the company. Its best to get involved and share information and listed to others who have more time and experience at the company.
Good if you have a good manager
This place is decent if you have a good manager, luckily I do, however the department is becoming more pressured and stressful every day.

Training is lacking though, even for apprentices, there simply aren't enough staff to train new people after multiple rounds of redundancies, this in turn has impacted morale. The staff that have been there for years don't have anything good to say about the company. This can give you a jaded view of the company if you take them at face value.

The people generally are okay but there seems to be a massive disconnect between senior management and the 'workforce on the ground'. They've made loads of staff redundant and brought lots of apprentices/contractors in with hardly any fully trained permanent staff to train them - then expect results, apprentices are even training contractors, that's how little staff they have left that are fully trained. Personally I haven't had much training, you basically have to wing it and hope for the best.

The working environment is very stressful and all management care about is tickets, tickets, tickets. The supervisors are generally very understanding though, it's the higher ups that are the issue, but they put pressure on the supervisors to reduce the ticket queue, so inevitably to people at the very bottom of the food chain including apprentices end up pressured, too much in my opinion.

It's like they don't understand that an apprentice is there to learn and not to be a ticket solving robot, if that's all they want they should take on proper full time staff and not just use apprentices as cheap
 - more...
Decent place to work
Left after 20 years , due to redundancy , was a long commute daily , a good company offering decent training , good work colleagues.

Would return if a position became available
They're alright
Okay company if you don't mind being bored half the time and uncooperative management. tends to go very slowly even though it's only four hours you will probably only do two hours of actual work.
Productive and Nice Work place
It's good place for work and work culture is very nice. But this is there is no proper pay hikes even after 3 years. Good place to learn the many new Digital technologies.
Great team to work with
I've worked for DXC since it was Hewlett Packard, the merger was met with many challenges that hindered productivity. With that being said, the team at Preston are a great bunch and very supportive, and the workload is very balanced with home life, but at present there are many opportunities for overtime.
Excellent!
Thank you for accepting as your employee.

I am very thankful that I was chosen to be part of this amazing company.

For a few years ahead..

Thank you, my DXC Family!
The organisation deteriorated during my time.
They expect employees to be involved on a lot of projects without any allowance to focus anything specific. Mainly focussed on winning new business and sales.
A Great Team and Manager.
The team is hard working, well informed and they are willing to share their knowledge. Manager has been always been available for advice and guidance.
Still finding their feet after the merger of CSC and HPE but great people and a good place to work. Good culture with supportive management. i would be happy to work there again
Great team spirit
Sustained period of redundancy over number of years. Cost reduction was the key driver to life at work irrespective of effort. Changes in management deterioration of manager to individual relationship.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at DXC Technology. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9