DXC Technology Employee Reviews

Terrible place
HR Administrator (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands17 October 2018
Communication is so poor. HR is just an absolute shamble. Little to no enthusiasm to actually perform a job. Lieing seems the norm..............................................................................
Pros
They have a email address
Cons
Just never answer
About DXC Technology
Quality Engineer (Former Employee) –  London15 October 2018
- Worked with DXC 3.5 yrs.
-Great company to Work with it
-Flexibility in timings,
Pros
Good Work Culture
Cons
Poor Hikes
Dxc
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Warrington14 October 2018
good life/work balance at times
accounts not managed very well
work from home
good team work
no consistency in management
things take a long time to process
Pros
work from home, flexible
Cons
no payrises, lot asked for from you when not paid for it.
Ok starting ground
IT Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield10 October 2018
My time at DXC was interesting, those that were long term employees were freindly and helpful. In general however there was a very high turn over in the department where i worked which lead to a vacume of knowledge and processes that were either forgotten or not passed on. There was also a severe lack of opportunities for those who went in at the bottom with the intention to work hard and progress.
Pros
Good team while it lasted
Cons
No career advancement
Avoid working there
Implementation Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Warrington28 September 2018
I worked there for 9 months as an IT Consultant. I was working in office. When I started we had a floor within the building with at least 25 people. By June 2018, there were only 8 people left, by September 2018 just me and another colleague. DXC is laying off staff every month. The place is truly depressing. The moral amongst the staff is at all times low.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, no support
Productivity and Culture
AWS CLOUD ENGINEER (Current Employee) –  Bangalore Urban, Karnataka20 August 2018
Productivity and Culture are good, working environment is good,
issue is with the Salary and Hikes ,, which need to improved and served well enough as per the efforts.
Pros
Productivity and Culture are good, working environment is good
Cons
Salary and Hike
Lost and without a map
Consultant (Current Employee) –  United Kingdom17 August 2018
Continued short termist goals from Senior management at odds with growth agenda. Culture in turmoil and no light at the end of the tunnel apparent. Could be great, but takes clear leadership which is definitely absent.
Pros
You get paid
Cons
Eeverything else
Very good
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Fulwood, Lancashire28 July 2018
Great help finding interview and great job opportuntity. Learning new things every day and dealing with difficult calls. Enjoy working here free parking
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Minimum wage
DXC the place careers go to die
IT Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, Derbyshire26 July 2018
Dont work here unless you plan on your career stalling and floundering for the time spent with the company.

The company is beset with a multitude of problems from the top down, High level managers ignorant of what staff at the bottom even do or the problems that they face on a day to day basis, an over abundance of middle managers who spend most of their time backstabbing one another and shifting blame between themselves in order to try and claw themselves another few rungs up the ladder or to prevent themselves being fired.

A wofully demorallised workforce who are kept in the dark regarding most of the decisions management make that have little confidence in the companys ability to grow and survive within the IT sector.

Very little is invested in staff in order to have them grow and become a greater asset to DXC in the future which when combined with poor wages and few opportunities for promotion or advancement within the company resulted in a astronomically high staff turn over.
Decent
IT Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear26 July 2018
Decent company to work for.
Really depends on your manager
Have opportunities to expand your knowledge but sometimes overly busy. Higher management could be more consistent.
Pros
Good environment
Cons
Stuck wages
An overly complex management system
Product Specialist (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire20 July 2018
CSC, as it then was, described itself as a "highly-matrixed organisation". The nearest I got to working out what this meant in practice was that every decision, particularly with regard to individual reward, had to be approved by at least two people, and probably no more than one of those people would know you, personally.

I joined what was then CSC after a transfer from Accenture. We were told the culture rested on individual effort, which I am fine with, but there seemed to be some complexity to gaining access to decision-making managers that I never quite mastered. The exception to this was when I applied for GBP 2000 funding for a data protection course, to which senior colleagues said I had "no chance". It was approved at the first time of asking.

I was grateful to CSC for taking over the NHS engagement from Accenture, whose tenure had always been obviously unsustainable. But too often I found people saying one thing and doing another. This culminated with my being interviewed for and offered another role on an outsourcing project in Manchester. This collapsed because of lack of internal funding. In other words, they offered me a job that didn't exist.

In hindsight, I did know one person who had achieved the very difficult feat of gaining promotion from Senior Professional to Manager (the equivalent of going from the Championship to the Premier League). I should have persuaded him to let me go through his application documents, and explain in detail whose support he had to cultivate and what unexpected obstacles he had to overcome. But that would
  more... have been a difficult thing to do.  less
Pros
No pressure outside working hours
Cons
A one-size-fits-all organisation
Typical Call Centre...
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Peterlee, Durham18 July 2018
Call centre. Says it all really. Pays the bills, barely and destroys your soul along the way. No real advancement opportunities. Patronising and hypocritical management. Need I go on?
Pros
You have a job! Hurray!
Cons
Your soul is forfeit and you'll leave depressed if you weren't already to begin with.
DXC is a fun and very enjoyable place to work.
Senior Service Delivery Consultant (Current Employee) –  Atherstone, Warwickshire10 July 2018
a typical day can involve anything from replacing a disk drive to doing a restore for a SAP Oracle database using veritas netbackup.

Most days it will involve analyzing capacity reports and troubleshooting root causes of a problem ticket.

working with infrastructure teams and service management on multiple service tickets most importantly meeting SLA.

Management at DXC are helpful and make resources available at short notice.
Pros
flexible working
Cons
minimum overtime
This should be a last resort if you're desperate for a job
Project Manager/Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  North East30 May 2018
This could be a great place to work if they stop seeing employees as a number on a spreadsheet. There is little in the way of investment here in employees or tech. Everything is done on a shoestring and quality is lacking. If you want training you have to do it yourself online. Its almost impossible to carry out your job as the expert resources have dwindled so much. Turnover of staff is massive as everyone feels so frustrated. The customers are leaving in their droves and no wonder when often projects rely on one person or the required skills often aren't available at all to carry out the work. It's trial and error and can be very embarrassing when dealing with the exasperated customer who is paying a fortune for this rubbish service.
Pros
can work from home if you have the right manager otherwise none
Cons
constant threat of redundancy, poor management with no backbone, losing contracts so no long term future
Life Consuming
Infrastructure Technician (Current Employee) –  Peterlee24 May 2018
Have you ever wondered what it would be like to come home from work after a long day, and just want to shut yourself in your bedroom to avoid interacting with anyone else? Then this job is perfect for you because if you plan on having a life working at DXC, you're going to be extremely disappointed.

For starters, half of the staff are lazy, the leadership is generally in shambles, and then you have senior agents who think they run the place just because they are "higher" than you.

I can wholeheartedly say that this job is awful for career advancement, there are hardly any opportunities to progress and honestly, they hire more apprentices than anything else (I still think they do it for the cheap labour).

My recommendation? You would be better off spending your time working towards a degree in University or doing any other job.
Unmotivated and overworked
Service Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Peterlee23 May 2018
Poorly supported systems, most of the time over complicated also. All support processes very unclear. I would advise anyone considering working for the company to do better things with their time, such as further education or holding out for a better job if possible.
Pros
Non
Cons
Working there
Worked with whilst they were called CSC - good company
Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Broughton, Flintshire24 April 2018
I learned lots of new skills through this company and thoroughly enjoyed my time working for this company. Very good chain of command and training objectives.
Went downhill after HPE became DXC
Test Analyst (Former Employee) –  Hampshire19 April 2018
Started out with HPE, salary was low but the company was good. After merger with CSC, DXC quickly became a nightmare company to work for. Constantly trying to do more with less and any chance of a pay rise or bonus never materialises despite company trying to pretend that the good times are just around the corner. If you want to work for DXC, make sure that you start on a good salary (there will be no increases), don't want career progression (I wont happen) and can except continuous threat of losing your job.
Pros
None really
Cons
No pay rises, no training, no progression.
Managed Service, fair variety in technologys to work on
Database Administrator (Former Employee) –  Rochester18 April 2018
Used to be quite a good company to work for, good team, and generally helpful and knowledgeable people in all lines of service, however unfortunately in recent years things have gone down hill with the constant threat of redundancy's, making the work atmosphere a bit grey.
Most of the time you were left to get on with the job, certainly the managers I worked for treated you as an adult, and allowed you to manage your own work flow, this does mean you have to be self motivated, but once you have built up a network of decent project managers, who will come to you and offer work.
Pros
Good kiosk benefits, and a fair bit of autonomy.
Cons
Poor work atmospher towards the end of my tearm, and a lot of people leaving.
Worst job/place to work ever
IT Service Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Peterlee3 April 2018
Hated it
Full of spunks
Got destracted from my job consantly as the only thing i could think about was the salvation of death to free me from the 8 hours of torture
Pros
ahaha next joke
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DXC Technology. Our community is ready to answer.