DX Group Management reviews

Liars, Idiots and Useless Management
Van Driver (Former Employee) –  Exeter5 February 2019
Don’t do it to yourself, close the application page and don’t go back. They’ll promise you the world and provide nothing but a broken van and disappointment. They’ll send you out on routes that can’t be done in the vehicle they provide, make accusations of having a bad attitude when they are the ones having an attitude. Then when you get called in for a meeting to say you’re no longer wanted they claim that having no training is “a mute point” avoid mark at all costs.
Pros
They pay
Cons
Long hours, useless route planner, awful management, terrible attitude, need I go on?
Wow!
Driver (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow4 February 2019
If you can carry a full on sofa yourself and like late trunks and an absolute disaster of management. Then yes get in here. Have witnessed them argue about sending a broken mop out to customer bearing in mind its literally in two pieces. Also you will keep having to hunt for kit and nobody is willing to help. My advise is last resort, better on the dole.
Pros
Ok pay if agency
Cons
Very poor management
Very poor managment and bullying culture
General sorter (Former Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol17 January 2019
The night shift management in bristol, are very poor, they bully and try to intimadate staff to try make them work, cant get the holidays you want unless you are the managers pet.
Personal hygine is disgusting from managment, meant to be setting an example
Would avoid at any means
Pros
Work colleagues
Cons
Managment
Shambles
Parcel Sorter (Former Employee) –  Essex3 December 2018
Horrible company. No respect for staff and management team are shockingly unprofessional.

Health and Safety's a joke and nobody is given incentive to go that extra mile to do a great job.

Wages are terrible yet you are expected to keep up with the workload that can't be kept up with the amount of staff that are there.
Pros
Cons
Too many to list
Good people
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Normanton, West Yorkshire3 December 2018
Funny people.
Management very good.
They are very happy to receive new people at work.
They understand you if you got problems at work and they give you advice
Choas and Mayhem
Driver (Former Employee) –  Exeter, Devon2 December 2018
I work for an agency and told them that even if there is no work available but DX is looking for drivers not to even mention them.
Management are bullies, health and safety is a mystery to that place, completely unrealistic drop count, loading your own lorry can take 3 hours as the parcels are spread over a warehouse in massive piles!! Start at 6.30am and finish at 7-8pm

This is Exeter branch.

Please don't punish yourself by working here. I'd rather lick a toilet bowl.
Pros
What Pro?
Cons
Legal slavery.
Jokers'R'Us
Warehouse Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. Neots, Cambridgeshire7 November 2018
Awful place to work within a cramped environment, and no floor space.
No respect shown by office/management staff. The pay is average for alot of busy/heavy work.
The whole warehouse is so small with limited parking for staff.
People...AVOID!!
Pros
Vending machines
Cons
Too many to mention
New management team
General Manager (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London21 September 2018
Old management team have gone. New team seem to be an improvement. Low end service. Some good people work there. Need to invest in some of their buildings
Long hours , bad management , no appreciation
Driver delivery (Former Employee) –  Willenhall, West Midlands/12 August 2018
Unachievable goals, terrible atmosphere and staff morale very low, very little support from managers and if you question anything you are met with abuse and belittlement, defects on vehicles not done or take long time to do, don't expect any support if you have an accident or injury you will not get any and are lied to constantly, health and safety is when it suits them, I wouldn't recommend working for DX to my worst enemy, DO NOT DO IT
Pros
Zero
Cons
Long hours, heavy work, treated badly
Growing business- not growing wages
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Norwich, Norfolk2 August 2018
These were a great company to work for but over time that have expanded so much and now the workload is almost almost impossible daily.
The self employed structure of the company see depo managers turn a tidy profit while pass very little extra money for bigger work loads to drivers.
Pros
Secure job. Respnable basic pay
Cons
Unrealistic work expectations. bad managment
Absolute joke
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Willenhall, West Midlands15 July 2018
Where do I start? This place has got to be the biggest joke of all time. Average about 2-3 accidents a night and a first aider that can't spell... No organisation, no people skills, most of the management speak in Turkish so it is like talking to a wall as you cannot understand them. Long hours for rubbish pay and rubbish breaks. You have to work 6 hours to be entitled to a break!!!! Pathetic. All you hear all night is COME ON, PICK IT UP GET IT GONE, COME ON, COME ON, COME ON.Yet whilst the muppets in the orange high Vis's stand there done jack all. You are practically a slave in there. No respect at all there you could be unconscious on the floor and still get shouted at to work quicker. They expect you to carry 6 meter lengths up to 50kg on your own. If an health and safety advisor walked into this place they would be shut down. Even the agency people who book you in on site are rude and walk round like they are 10 men with a stick up there rear end. Real world these people are not fit enough to class themselves as human beings.
Pros
Some of the lads
Cons
Literally everything
Good bunch of lads well routed days
Sub Contractor driver (Former Employee) –  Gretna and milnthorpe11 June 2018
I worked for dx with one of there sub contractors in the milnthorope and gretna depots great people to work for.id highly recommend working there as there a great bunch of guys always help if needed well routed days.always up for a laugh and banter
Pros
Good management loaded and routed quickly
legal slave labour
Courier (Current Employee) –  Normanton, West Yorkshire3 June 2018
get treated like slaves constantly putting more work on drivers without giving them any extra money to deliver it not even on minimum wage. wouldn't recommend anyone working for them.
Pros
Cons
long hours very poor pay
Worst company I have ever worked for
Delivery Driver/Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow25 May 2018
The worst bar none company I have ever worked for. I can’t really stress that enough, absolute shambles of a place. Don’t really need to say any more AVOID (Glasgow)
Pros
None literally
Cons
Too many to state
bad management, below average wage
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Exeter, Devon17 April 2018
Management do not care about the workers as long as the parcels are out the door, told you can go to them if any problems but nothing ever done.
Wage is well below average for the work and hours.
Management give no incentives to the staff, expect to use people then treat them like they are nothing again.
If they put the wage up, paid the agencies on time, replaced management, and treated staff like human beings they would be half decent, But this will never happen.
Pros
Co workers
Cons
too many to mention stay away at all cost
Warning don’t work for the Swindon branch
Courier (Former Employee) –  Swindon Wiltshire11 March 2018
Started on the passport contract high volume of work with was impossible to do I have bet 17 years of multi drop courier experience behind me and use to a fast pace workload tr pay was basic so was the mileage pay i used my van others used cars route planing took time in the morning as my route was out in the sticks miles from anywhere the management where rude and very unprofessional gave no help only mocked you if you asked for help best advice is NO
Pros
Cons
Long hours never no breaks poor management staff
Frustrating
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Exeter, Devon28 February 2018
I went in as a Shift Manager to try and make a difference and help move the business forward. From about 2 months in I could tell that I had made a big mistake.
No structure at all, no management meetings, no drivers meetings and no Health and Safety meetings.
In all of the time I was there I think I saw the Health and Safety Officer twice and there was never a fire test.
No training was given in any department.
Senior management only cared about short term, no long term plans were ever discussed.
I was never allowed to fully take control and run my shift, which never allowed me to show what my capabilities are.
People in supervisory and management positions because they know the right people.
Pros
Some of the people I got to work with. They have a great Transport Manager.
Cons
Frustrating, no structure, no training given, no long term plans.
Rotherham branch - garbage.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Rotherham, South Yorkshire24 January 2018
Where do I begin? There’s idiotic boys who load the wagons shouting ‘ excuse me’ then looking the other way thinking their hilarious.. then there’s the miserable staff who sit it the hatch to brief with. Phoning you to pester you while you’re out on the road trying to do your job. They also get the face on with you if you don’t answer your phone even though your driving and it’s illegal to do so. Garbage job. Poor environment. Dull and miserable atmosphere. Never again.
Pros
Watching drivers have rage in a morning due to regular staff errors
Cons
Not the best pay, staff are miserable. Makes you want to kill yourself.
Warehouse nights
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  St. Neots Eynesbury19 January 2018
One of the worse places i have ever worked
Night shift long hours rubbish pay poor conditions nobody seems happy
Basically slave drivers for pennies
I did one days work as a trial far too much heavy lifting and it is relentless
My back was done in so i threw in the towel and never got payed for the shift as apparently im not on the payroll because i never took the job on fully
Shame on this company really not got a good thing to say about it
Wasted a night working there
If your looking for a job here i wouldnt bother
Pros
None whatsoever
Cons
Too many to list ....
Nice place to work.
Data Entry (Current Employee) –  London South East, Greater London26 October 2017
I enjoyed working with the the Management. I love the job that am doing. I get on with everyone. Have been with the Company for over 20years .l work with a lots of good people.
Pros
40minutes brake
Cons
Normal working hrs