DX Group Employee Reviews

Terrible workplace
Class 2 driver (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire9 August 2018
Under payed, understand staffed and under appreciated. I would not recommend to anyone... Waste of time. Better jobs out there. Regret starting the job.
Cons
Growing business- not growing wages
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Norwich, Norfolk2 August 2018
These were a great company to work for but over time that have expanded so much and now the workload is almost almost impossible daily.
The self employed structure of the company see depo managers turn a tidy profit while pass very little extra money for bigger work loads to drivers.
Pros
Secure job. Respnable basic pay
Cons
Unrealistic work expectations. bad managment
Slavery
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Willenhall, West Midlands31 July 2018
Do not work for them thats all Im going to say and if u do after 1 day u will run if your lucky to get out there alive or with your both legs and arms
Absolute joke
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Willenhall, West Midlands15 July 2018
Where do I start? This place has got to be the biggest joke of all time. Average about 2-3 accidents a night and a first aider that can't spell... No organisation, no people skills, most of the management speak in Turkish so it is like talking to a wall as you cannot understand them. Long hours for rubbish pay and rubbish breaks. You have to work 6 hours to be entitled to a break!!!! Pathetic. All you hear all night is COME ON, PICK IT UP GET IT GONE, COME ON, COME ON, COME ON.Yet whilst the muppets in the orange high Vis's stand there done jack all. You are practically a slave in there. No respect at all there you could be unconscious on the floor and still get shouted at to work quicker. They expect you to carry 6 meter lengths up to 50kg on your own. If an health and safety advisor walked into this place they would be shut down. Even the agency people who book you in on site are rude and walk round like they are 10 men with a stick up there rear end. Real world these people are not fit enough to class themselves as human beings.
Pros
Some of the lads
Cons
Literally everything
Fun place to work
Courier (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh27 June 2018
Hard work but decent money but can do whatever. You have to plan your own route and that can be difficult. But overall you are well looked after and there is always someone on the end of a phone to help you with any problem which may arise well you are out doing your deliveries
Pros
Weekends off
Cons
Long arrows
One of the worst
Driver (Former Employee) –  Llanelli, Carmarthenshire19 June 2018
Where do I start.....

All their parcels are frieght and you are expected too lift items upto 100kg on your own and dare you moan about it.
The loaders are put under a lot of pressure to get the work done climbing up and down the lorry with anything from tractor tyres, rolls of carpet, washing machines down to heavy boxes which you dunno what is inside them (mostly around 30kg)
Managers are a bunch of back stabbers and boy you moan about someone or something you are out the door before you can say 'jimping jack flash'

Total joke of a company
Pros
Nice coffee machine
Cons
Good bunch of lads well routed days
Sub Contractor driver (Former Employee) –  Gretna and milnthorpe11 June 2018
I worked for dx with one of there sub contractors in the milnthorope and gretna depots great people to work for.id highly recommend working there as there a great bunch of guys always help if needed well routed days.always up for a laugh and banter
Pros
Good management loaded and routed quickly
legal slave labour
Courier (Current Employee) –  Normanton, West Yorkshire3 June 2018
get treated like slaves constantly putting more work on drivers without giving them any extra money to deliver it not even on minimum wage. wouldn't recommend anyone working for them.
Pros
Cons
long hours very poor pay
Worst company I have ever worked for
Delivery Driver/Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow25 May 2018
The worst bar none company I have ever worked for. I can’t really stress that enough, absolute shambles of a place. Don’t really need to say any more AVOID (Glasgow)
Pros
None literally
Cons
Too many to state
bad management, below average wage
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Exeter, Devon17 April 2018
Management do not care about the workers as long as the parcels are out the door, told you can go to them if any problems but nothing ever done.
Wage is well below average for the work and hours.
Management give no incentives to the staff, expect to use people then treat them like they are nothing again.
If they put the wage up, paid the agencies on time, replaced management, and treated staff like human beings they would be half decent, But this will never happen.
Pros
Co workers
Cons
too many to mention stay away at all cost

Want to know more about DX Group?

Ask a question
i have met great people at dx
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Willenhall, West Midlands14 April 2018
While working at dx I have met people to have a laugh n joke with while working with them.
Whenever I needed help when I first started working at DX I had the greatest team there work with me to help me through.
Pros
great timing for breaks
Cons
great hours
Warning don’t work for the Swindon branch
Courier (Former Employee) –  Swindon Wiltshire11 March 2018
Started on the passport contract high volume of work with was impossible to do I have bet 17 years of multi drop courier experience behind me and use to a fast pace workload tr pay was basic so was the mileage pay i used my van others used cars route planing took time in the morning as my route was out in the sticks miles from anywhere the management where rude and very unprofessional gave no help only mocked you if you asked for help best advice is NO
Pros
Cons
Long hours never no breaks poor management staff
Do not work for kuldip singh
General (Former Employee) –  Bristol1 March 2018
The nightshift manager is a bully and trys to intimidate staff to work for him, of corse it has the opposite effect.

Does not support staff or get things done for u like overtime, uniform, vetting.

No health and safety and no sick pay, so injurys are going to happen.

No heating and uniform takes ages, winter times temputure can be -10 in the warehouse Its a JOKE
Would not recommend
Pros
Get ill for free
Frustrating
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Exeter, Devon28 February 2018
I went in as a Shift Manager to try and make a difference and help move the business forward. From about 2 months in I could tell that I had made a big mistake.
No structure at all, no management meetings, no drivers meetings and no Health and Safety meetings.
In all of the time I was there I think I saw the Health and Safety Officer twice and there was never a fire test.
No training was given in any department.
Senior management only cared about short term, no long term plans were ever discussed.
I was never allowed to fully take control and run my shift, which never allowed me to show what my capabilities are.
People in supervisory and management positions because they know the right people.
Pros
Some of the people I got to work with. They have a great Transport Manager.
Cons
Frustrating, no structure, no training given, no long term plans.
Reliable company
Delivery driver (Former Employee) –  Bury22 February 2018
DX Freight is Great, reliable company, great staff, no complains on payment, personally the only downfall is carrying heavy freights daily on your own without any one to help.
Do not work for anthony harris at dx bristol
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol20 February 2018
absolutely a joke rubbish pay get treated like slaves all ways have to work on DX can’t handle the volume off work stuff gets brushed aside management a waste off space no overtime pay bully’s on night shift avoid like the plague
Pros
Cons
Long hours rubbish pay
Do not make this mistake
Driver (Former Employee) –  East Grinstead, West Sussex5 February 2018
Worked as a lorry driver there. Did not last a month even though i had 3 years of lorry multi drop experience.
Modern slavery, with long hours and really heavy parcels.
Rotherham branch - garbage.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Rotherham, South Yorkshire24 January 2018
Where do I begin? There’s idiotic boys who load the wagons shouting ‘ excuse me’ then looking the other way thinking their hilarious.. then there’s the miserable staff who sit it the hatch to brief with. Phoning you to pester you while you’re out on the road trying to do your job. They also get the face on with you if you don’t answer your phone even though your driving and it’s illegal to do so. Garbage job. Poor environment. Dull and miserable atmosphere. Never again.
Pros
Watching drivers have rage in a morning due to regular staff errors
Cons
Not the best pay, staff are miserable. Makes you want to kill yourself.
fun working at Dx
parcels sorter (Current Employee) –  Normanton, West Yorkshire20 January 2018
work is easy but pay is just over the minimum wage at £7.69 per hour for a night shift.
long distance to travel for me from leeds.
work is light and easy.
there is Dx letters for solicitors,courts etc
Pros
easy job
Cons
very low pay
Warehouse nights
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  St. Neots Eynesbury19 January 2018
One of the worse places i have ever worked
Night shift long hours rubbish pay poor conditions nobody seems happy
Basically slave drivers for pennies
I did one days work as a trial far too much heavy lifting and it is relentless
My back was done in so i threw in the towel and never got payed for the shift as apparently im not on the payroll because i never took the job on fully
Shame on this company really not got a good thing to say about it
Wasted a night working there
If your looking for a job here i wouldnt bother
Pros
None whatsoever
Cons
Too many to list ....