DWF LLP

DWF LLP Employee Reviews

United Kingdom74 reviews
An incredible insight into the world of legal practice. All members of the team were incredibly supportive of my ambitions and passed on vital tips to aid my experience during my time there.
Micromanaging is very high, private meetings where changes happen and you never know what they are until it's too late. Team meetings do not happen so if you want to get a point across about how you and your whole team think something would benefit the way we work, this will never be put forward (Your opinion means nothing). Promotion is based on favouritism and not hard work. Also the staff turnover is extremely high, people do not stay long. You are treated almost as if you were back in school.

Positives -

Some benefits you get are quite good.

You do learn a lot if you manage to stay over 6 months.
Pros
You get some good benefits.
Cons
New starters should be told DO NOT WORK HERE!
this is a highly stressful job working in the document production team, excessive stats to be reached, no consideration given for different types of work picked up
Thank goodness I was only there for a short period as I was on a fixed term contract. One of the worst firms that I have worked for, would not recommend working here.

- Little to zero support from the line manager and business support co-workers.

- Lack of communication.

- Bad management.

- Line manager constantly providing harsh feedback via email which causes frustration that reflects on work performance.

- No clear business infrastructure or guidance.

- Most of the people I've worked with are focused on throwing me under the bus and blame me rather than finding solutions.

- High staff turnover.

- HR takes forever to respond to simple queries.

- No room for advancement or career progress.

- Line manager is basically: poor listener, provides no support or guidance, always busy, treats some colleagues badly which results in their exit.

- I was promised alot during the interview and received nothing when I joined.
Pros
Some colleagues are friendly, being paid on time
An abysmal leadership culture in HR, presenteeism, reactive, fire-fighting, order-taking behaviours. Zero support for team members, over 50% attrition across the department, much higher in the learning team.
I’m a manager in Manchester who has never been so miserable. Bullying, time wasters and no support. Turnover of staff is absolutely ridiculous and replacing them is even more of a chore it’s like getting blood out of a stone. The way people think they can treat this team is unbelievable especially from a law firm. Some of the email and comments I’ve had directed at me would result in a claim. Do not work for this firm!
Ok place to work - Stressful, fast pace workplace.

Management has changed since I was worked there, I have had great feedback and that things have changed massively in a positive way.

I think the administrators are not given enough credit for what they do in such short deadlines.

Very stressful but very rewarding and very friendly staff.

I wish DWF all the best for its future :)
I asked for training in an office and was advised training was only done remotely. A colleague I found out later from did receive office-based training.

Very poorly managed, people in charge who no nothing about the work. Jobs are actually created for people. You are micro managed so badly, you are afraid to leave your seat.
I knew things would be bad when the person training me had only been there 3 months herself. In the short time I was there amost the entire team (approx 7 people) that I started with left and half of those who were their replacements also left before I did! Noticeable staff turnovers in other teams too within the same office while the recruitment team and hr advisors seemed protected with hardly any staff turnover compared to mine.

Please note that within a few months of starting they will transform the job you applied for by gradually adding work from other people in different teams (that they are already looking to get rid of) so that you eventually end up doing 3 peoples jobs within 9-12 months. You will then burn out and leave and they will do the same thing to the next person. At the heart of it is limiting certain teams staffs bonuses, pay increases and - should it ever happen - redunancy payouts by keeping most staff too new to be eligibible and the money pot can then only be distributed between protected teams and individuals.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at DWF LLP?
I did a week's work experience in July 2016 and again in July 2017. Everyone was very helpful, supportive and kind. There was a very friendly atmosphere. The teams got on well and provided a great experience for me.
Alright to work for but really really bad management. Don't listen to your suggestions, constant abuse from customers as I was in the debt recovery section.
Pleasant people, Good social culture. However due to no stable management within the credit control function meant team felt under valued and most people did not stay in role. Working there for two and half years was long standing. No progression for collections. No incentives for collections. Uncertainty of wanting to stay due to the high retention.
each day varied depending on the workload
I learned many new tasks which were required for my role and there was training available

The culture was the same as all the other companies I have previously worked for

The hardest part of my job was having to deal with everything on my own

the most enjoyable part of my job was being able to visit other offices and meet other people in my team
In a typical day at DWF everything is timed to the last minute there is no slack time to breathe. I have learned exceptional time management because I have had to. My supervisor is excellent but the management culture is to work people extremely hard and sometimes too hard in many cases. Staff turnover is around 60% ! The hardest part of the job is keeping on top of all the queries created by solicitors who do not pay attention to transactions on the ledgers which causes massive problems at month end/quarter end/year end. The most enjoyable part of the job is the fantastic team spirit. Everybody has to be incredibly flexible in order to get all of the tasks completed by COB. We all help each other and nobody is left to struggle. We are an extremely good cashiering team.
Excellent place to work, friendly, helpful, every one is so nice to work with, on site canteen, management open to new origination of system to hep with easy flow of payroll system, any ideas are taken under consideration.
Little/ no support from management. Very little training. Complex sop's made the job harder than it needed to be. Contract client was difficult, so business planning was reactive rather than proactive.
Great company to work for. I thoroughly enjoyed my time there and left through some personal circumstances which hindered my progression. Had that not have happened I am sure that I would have stayed for many years.
Great place to start if you’re getting into law, the management in finance is extremely poor, their retention of staff is horrific as they are treated very poorly, the pay is good for someone under the age of 21 but nearly every other law firm in the area has an extremely higher salary for exactly the same job.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Poor management
DWF is a productive and enjoyable place to work. It has helped me to expand on my legal knowledge and to build my knowledge of administration within a law firm.
Agile working culture, good location between Bank and Monument station, with access to the sky garden. Lots of charity incentives underway throughout the year.
Pros
Agile
Cons
Poor L&D
They really make you feel part of a team and take good care of you. The facilities are great and the office is a lovely place to work. I learned exactly how a law firm operates.