Firm was a stong place and had good benefits for staff flexible working hours. The opportunity to progress was there but was quite difficult. Management at our office were difficult to work for and would push staff for work along with bullying and penalising staff if the face did not fit.
Comapny as a whole is good managers at preston office are not and any complaints will not be taken seriously
Administration Assistant (Former Employee) – Manchester, Greater Manchester – 1 June 2017
Cater to everyones needs, very accepting of all circumstances. Management are the best you could ask for in a company. Typical day at work is never boring, always lots to do and can always ask to go beyond what your job title tells you to do.
Credit Control (Current Employee) – Manchester, Greater Manchester – 21 April 2017
Poor staff retention has meant excessive workload for remaining team and for many years this hasn't seen any change or improvement. Subordinates are often doing work several career levels higher without being fairly recognised, promoted or paid fairly.
1st Line Service Desk Analyst (Former Employee) – Manchester Central – 19 February 2017
At DWF I worked within a team of 10 IT Support Analysts supporting over 2,000 users remotely, via telephone and e-mail. 80% of the role involved taking inbound telephone calls from users requiring remote support in the satellite offices located around the UK and in Dubai. The other 20% was handling support calls logged through the ticketing system and responding via e-mail / telephone to find a resolution. My greatest achievement whilst working with DWF was that I was consistently one of the highest resolvers of calls in the team.
Litigation and Debt Recovery Intern (Former Employee) – Leeds – 3 February 2017
Great place to work for, fantastic team, great salary and good hours, as well as great fringe benefits. The management team were somewhat lacking in their knowledge of their employees and did not always deal with certain situations to an acceptable standard. However, received a great amount of training and other team members were always on hand to help out.
Work Experience Placement (Former Employee) – London – 4 December 2016
The first two days of this experience were spent at the O2 headquarters and the third day was spent at DWF LLP in London. This meant I was able to contrast a city law firm with an in-house law firm. In our in-house stay we did mooting. This again was a real confidence booster and really encouraged me to follow my aspirations towards a career in law. At the end of the exercise, I was told that I should consider becoming a barrister due to my confidence and mannerisms when I talk. We also had several presentations on how to make a good CV. While at DWF LLP we had several presentations about how a city law firm works. I also took part in a practice group discussion. This was part of the entrance process for a vacation scheme they offer after university. All of these activities really assured me that I should pursue a career in law.
Marketing (Former Employee) – Manchester – 11 February 2016
Worst place I have ever worked because - promises the earth and delivers nothing - values do not reflect culture. No honesty, integrity or care for people or clients - too many of my colleagues treated badly and then exited - wobbly infrastructure - too many initiatives and no real focus - lawyers unsettled and leaving in their 100s - no continuity of service for clients - top 20 firm in name only - poor leadership overall
Some of the people were great
Too many to mention but culture does not reflect values, leadership is poor, poor infrastructure, quality is patchy, investment in IT at the expense of all others, too many people unhappy and leaving
Legal Secretary (support) - Part-time (Current Employee) – Liverpool, ENG – 11 July 2015
My typical day is high volume typing which consists of reports to client, briefs to Counsel, instructing experts (all of which involves collating documents), taking messages, have good relationship with clients and experts - consider myself to have a good telephone manner. Organizing meetings and arranging flights, train bookings and hotels etc. Scanning in bills every month. Generally am kept very busy the whole day to which I enjoy. I enjoy being involved in each case from start to finish and take an interest of its outcome. I get on really well with my boss and the team and have been told i am a valid member of the team.