DWF LLP Employee Reviews

Great
Work Experience (Former Employee) –  London4 December 2017
Fantastic offices.

Lovely members of staff.

Incredibly interesting calibre of work and great opportunities to become involved.

Good workshops for development.
Poor
support (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester20 September 2017
Management dont care about support staff, no progression. Very underpaid for work done and all responsibilties left to junior staff. Would not recommend working here,
Great Place to work
Paralegal (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London5 September 2017
Great benefits package, nice HR team, very quiet office, great location, happy workers, partners are distant and hard to communicate with, overall good quality work,
Good employer. Work remedial
Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester17 August 2017
Start about 15mins early to get a good head start. Recover costs of repairs and complete Claims Forms to issue proceedings against the Defendant.

How solicitors work. Professionalism.

Laissez faire.

Young. Straight from law school. Hadn't had any real life experiences. Formal work attire however you could choose to where more relaxed clothing.

Too much tedious paperwork and not being on the phones negotiating claims and settling them as a claims handler would do.

Getting to know how solicitors operate.
Pros
The experience gained
Cons
The sheer amount of tedious paperwork
Great company to work for
Head Paralegal (Current Employee) –  Manchester Central11 August 2017
Relocation means notice has been handed in but a fantastic company to work for all round. Great people, benefits, management, client centric attitude and progression support.
Good Place
Facilities Support (Current Employee) –  Preston, Lancashire10 June 2017
Can be very challeging at times, and hard work.
sometimes can feel like there is a lot of presure to get things done.

The most enjoyable part of the job are the people that i deal with helping them to do there own role within the company, by offering the support that i can.
Amazing Firm
Administration Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester1 June 2017
Cater to everyones needs, very accepting of all circumstances. Management are the best you could ask for in a company. Typical day at work is never boring, always lots to do and can always ask to go beyond what your job title tells you to do.
Challenging
Credit Control (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester21 April 2017
Poor staff retention has meant excessive workload for remaining team and for many years this hasn't seen any change or improvement. Subordinates are often doing work several career levels higher without being fairly recognised, promoted or paid fairly.
Pros
City Centre offices
Cons
Salary, Workload
good enviroment
Paralegal (Current Employee) –  Preston, Lancashire11 April 2017
enjoyable workplace, good friendly staff and supportive management.
room to improve and progress within the company. training contracts available for the right candidate
Challenging and fast paced
Credit Risk Underwriter (Current Employee) –  Manchester5 April 2017
Objectives change frequently without full briefing or consultation if they are realistic or feasible to complete
Salaries do not match expectation of the role or industry
Good bunch of people to work with.
Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh, UK30 March 2017
DWF was a good place to work, the staff were supportive towards one another. There were always lots of social and charity events taking place. A fun place to work!
Great company
Administrator (Former Employee) –  London SE, Greater London28 February 2017
Great culture, busy office. Management needs a little bit of fine tuning.
Hardest part - changes and merges - most enjoyable part staff are approachable and down to earth. Everyone is driven.
Pros
great location
Cons
better management
A great company to work for
1st Line Service Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Manchester Central19 February 2017
At DWF I worked within a team of 10 IT Support Analysts supporting over 2,000 users remotely, via telephone and e-mail. 80% of the role involved taking inbound telephone calls from users requiring remote support in the satellite offices located around the UK and in Dubai. The other 20% was handling support calls logged through the ticketing system and responding via e-mail / telephone to find a resolution. My greatest achievement whilst working with DWF was that I was consistently one of the highest resolvers of calls in the team.
Good job and opportunities
Litigation and Debt Recovery Intern (Former Employee) –  Leeds3 February 2017
Great place to work for, fantastic team, great salary and good hours, as well as great fringe benefits. The management team were somewhat lacking in their knowledge of their employees and did not always deal with certain situations to an acceptable standard. However, received a great amount of training and other team members were always on hand to help out.
Pros
Salary, benefits and team.
Cons
Big workloads and lack of management.
Bad management and bad training
Revenue Control and Billing Administrator (Former Employee) –  Manchester5 December 2016
I had hardly any training and was expected to deal with the work load and I was bullied by my team. No support given properly
Pros
Salary and overtime
informative
Work Experience Placement (Former Employee) –  London4 December 2016
The first two days of this experience were spent at the O2 headquarters and the third day was spent at DWF LLP in London. This meant I was able to contrast a city law firm with an in-house law firm. In our in-house stay we did mooting. This again was a real confidence booster and really encouraged me to follow my aspirations towards a career in law. At the end of the exercise, I was told that I should consider becoming a barrister due to my confidence and mannerisms when I talk. We also had several presentations on how to make a good CV. While at DWF LLP we had several presentations about how a city law firm works. I also took part in a practice group discussion. This was part of the entrance process for a vacation scheme they offer after university. All of these activities really assured me that I should pursue a career in law.
Professional legal environment
Trainee and assistant (Former Employee) –  Leeds9 September 2016
A professional legal environment, elevated by staff that are knowledgeable and committed to achieving success, making it one of the country's greatest law firms
Terrible experience
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Manchester11 February 2016
Worst place I have ever worked because
- promises the earth and delivers nothing
- values do not reflect culture. No honesty, integrity or care for people or clients
- too many of my colleagues treated badly and then exited
- wobbly infrastructure
- too many initiatives and no real focus
- lawyers unsettled and leaving in their 100s
- no continuity of service for clients
- top 20 firm in name only
- poor leadership overall
Pros
Some of the people were great
Cons
Too many to mention but culture does not reflect values, leadership is poor, poor infrastructure, quality is patchy, investment in IT at the expense of all others, too many people unhappy and leaving
Very demanding but great team players
Legal Secretary (support) - Part-time (Current Employee) –  Liverpool, ENG11 July 2015
My typical day is high volume typing which consists of reports to client, briefs to Counsel, instructing experts (all of which involves collating documents), taking messages, have good relationship with clients and experts - consider myself to have a good telephone manner. Organizing meetings and arranging flights, train bookings and hotels etc. Scanning in bills every month. Generally am kept very busy the whole day to which I enjoy. I enjoy being involved in each case from start to finish and take an interest of its outcome. I get on really well with my boss and the team and have been told i am a valid member of the team.
great law firm
paralegal/team manager (Current Employee) –  leeds17 July 2012
no room for further development-

staff turnover very high on debt recovery
Pros
independent learning
Cons
no recognition or bonus