dunnhumby

dunnhumby Employee Reviews

United Kingdom32 reviews
Great culture and work environment. Sometimes challenging managing client and Tesco relationship. Reasonable work/life balance. Pay rises are hard to negotiate.
I was contracting there through App Business. Work culture was relaxed. Product owners were very helpful. Office culture was also very good and people there were very friendly
Relaxed modern workplace
have free reign over your days as long as you completed your tasks. Managers are pretty laid back and everyone is friendly. Just in Hammersmith so if you live central or East it can be tricky to get to sometimes.
I started as a graduate and it was a fantastic place to start my working career. Sadly I found I reached the ceiling of my role but I highly recommend this to anyone looking for a position in customer science and insights.
If you are passionate about data science this is a good place to work. It provides good experience in working with some of the top brands and categories.
Lovely company to work for. They work hard and play hard!
Great for young people leaving Uni, you will lots. There is room for progression for those willing to work hard. Lots of nights out!
Dunnhumby is a great place to work but they keep people on a lot of contracts, which isn't great. However, dunnhumby is great at moving employees around the company to give there employees opportunities.
Feel like a start up culture but trapped in lingering corporate processes; good flexible hours are useful and lovely offices. Sometimes poor communication from senior leadership
Good workplace, good work/life balance and opportunities to influence decisions and work practices. Excellent kitchen facilities, good location, free gym.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at dunnhumby?
Good culture, good place to work. Great colleagues. Great place for an analyst to learn. Good training and supportive network. Good work life balance and opportunities.
I worked for dunnhumby's UK division as a contractor for 7 months and then as a permanent member of staff for a little over 5 months, and it was a rewarding experience.

Working hours were standard, any required extra time for urgent assignments was well rewarded. There was always a good team spirit within the department I worked in, and management always ensured that they were approachable. I started as a contractor on a week-to-week basis -- for which I was suitably rewarded -- and when a permanent role arose it was a generous enough package that I gladly took the opportunity.

The role was as a content developer in their digital media division, and though the workload was significant it was also enjoyable and gave me an opportunity to work with large brands on interesting promotional campaigns.

I decided on a new pathway, however, after some months, but I left the company on good terms and with some regret as I was leaving a very comfortable environment: I was still part of the team until the last day.

All in all, a good company to work for.
Great place to work. Lovely offices and the company really appreciate their staff. You have a real opportunity to make a difference and be heard. The management team are helpful and always willing to help and guide you in the right direction if need be.
Pros
Great offices, break out spaces, professionalism, flexibility
Cons
Not any that i can thin kof
Loved working at Dunnhumby. The people, culture make the place and the work is cutting edge , and there is potential to advance and get reward for hard work and strong results
Great company to work for, has a good work life balance and the people are friendly. I would recommend this to all who are looking for their first job and a great training ground.
Rudderless. management dont have a clue as to the direction of the company. Owned by Tesco and so suject to job losses. Awful culture. Great if you are 25 and live with your parents. If you are 55 theres nothing for you.
Dunnhumby is a great place where you get good benefits and work life balance but in recent years have lost track and struggling to revive. Middle management is complete waste since they just think and work for themselves. Tesco has brought in new CEO from Google but it would take time to see any positive steps if may come out.
I really enjoyed my time at dunnhumby, whilst worked with the staff in the old building, and at the same time, managed the new IT infrastructure build in Hammersmith, and the relocation of 900 staff.

Very friendly, and I always had so much to do, but help was on hand. I picked up a number of lessons learned, as part of the programme I was running.

The stakeholders were demanding, and I exceeded in reporting to them each week with Highlight Reports and RAID logs, and an indication of work in progress.

The hardest part of the job, was the distance from Ealing Broadway and Hammersmith, but I seemed to managed that.

I missed the banter in the firm, they were very laid back, but knew when they were needed.
Pros
Excellent Management
Cons
Travel
dunnhumby est une jeune société avec une très forte culture d'entreprise. J'ai eu beaucoup de possibilité d'évoluer au sein de cette entreprise, ce qui m'a permis de faire 4 postes différents durant les 6 ans ou j'ai travaillé pour cette société. Cela m'a également permis de travailler 3 ans à Londres.

Les aspects difficiles sont probablement les deadlines qui peuvent parfois être très courtes, mais les personnes qui travaillent dans cette compagnie sont très collaboratifs et je n'ai jamais eu de problème à respecter les délais.

J'ai également eu accès à de nombreuses formations comme Time Management, Change Management, Best Presentation ou encore Being a manager.
Pros
Culture d'entreprise
Cons
Insécurité de l'emploi
Great company to work for, full of very clever people, great work/life balance. However, there is a tendency to over engineering everything. The Exec at times, are slow at making decisions.
There is no such thing as a typical day at Dunnhumby. The pace of change is high and every day brings new challenges.
I have learned an exceptional amount about retail and customer insight, and how commercial requirements drive technical choices and decisions.

Management are generally approachable and make the right decisions, however I feel there can be too much emphasis on appearing positive and enthusiastic about all decisions and opportunities which has driven some poor decision making over the last couple of years. This has resulted in a large number of high profile departures.

My co-workers have mostly been exciting and inspiring individuals who champion new processes enthusiastically.

The hardest part of the job has been trying to convey concerns about some decisions without appearing negative.

The best part of the job has been seeing my decisions and projects provide genuine value to clients.
Pros
Very good social events and meetings/conferecnes in exciting places.
Cons
The commute.
Our key client is Tesco and we have a parent / child relationship where we should be strategic advantages. Work we do is based on what they want and not what they need to do.

Leadership have lost their way and have little faith in the growth potential of this once great company.

There were fantastic opportunities to travel abroad however we are no longer successful gaining new clients abroad this opportunity has dried up.
Pros
gym with discounted personal trainer
Cons
lack of exciting work