Dunnes Stores Employee Reviews

Found 119 reviews matching the search See all 1,021 reviews
Love it
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  County tipperary13 December 2019
Loved working there, learnt alit of things, new experiences, working with customers, stocking shelf
Deliveries
Helping with enquiries both customers and colleagues
Shocking
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Belfast, County Antrim30 November 2019
The management was poor, an hour training then your expected to perform as if you worked there years. Management shouting & supervisors just throw stuff at you expecting to sort everything while they chat. Morale low & place performing poorly. Little pay & irregular hours, no work access for travel during busy periods & they tell you nothing till you ask expecting everything to be already known.
Nice place to work.
General Staff Member (Current Employee) –  Coleraine, County Londonderry27 November 2019
Great place to work, especially if you are working part time. Staff are friendly and the work isn't too stressful but not boring either. You get an hour lunch break if you work more than 6 hours
Managers were untrained
Security Manager (Former Employee) –  Larne, County Antrim23 November 2019
Managers were untrained, scared to face problems, created issues instead of solving them. Didnt back up security and behaved as children. While treating staff in a shabby manner.
Poor management and HR
Shop Assistant (Current Employee) –  Belfast, County Antrim21 November 2019
The actual job was fine, rotating stock and tidying the floor aswell as occasionally being on tills, however, HR was known for being very unflexible with hours even when given notice. Hours and rotas were only put up 4 days before the working week started which meant it was very difficult to make and plans in advance outside of work. Some managers were okay, however, can give you unnecessary work sometimes. Overall, I wouldn’t recommend it to a student who would like a flexible part time job .
Too unflinching
member of the Timepiece café (Former Employee) –  County Down31 October 2019
No flexibility whatsoever, had to leave because they couldn't accommodate a change in my timetable (could only work weekends). Some nice colleagues but a lot of management are too harsh in my opinion and ruthless in their rulings.
Friendly sales assoicate job
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Derry30 October 2019
Working for Dunnes was very enjoyable due to the co-workers I spend my time with and the range of customers you encounter on a daily basis. The work was enjoyable because you are always busy
Enjoy working with general public and helping others
Customer Service Advisor (Full-time) (Former Employee) –  Bangor, County Down29 October 2019
I enjoy learning new tasks or preferred methods of productivity by each employer. I have worked in accounting roles in the past but realised I enjoyed my employment in retail, from customer service to merchandising. Enjoy meeting people and helping them to find the right product. I find I am a good problem solver, age and experience obviously an advantage .
Productive and fun
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Larne, County Antrim23 October 2019
The day consisted of maximising sales in a busy retal environment.

You where given various duties that revolved around maximising sales and helping customers with their enquiries,

Managment was good, I loved meeting people and working with the public.
Will suck the life out of you
Butcher (Former Employee) –  Coleraine19 October 2019
Started with a bang, we will do this, we will provide this, we will look after you etc: REALITY. Promotion for certain criteria, not work or ability related, Absolute dismissive attitude by management. Sell, sell, sell, threats and coercion. Started this job full of hope and aspirations, ended in disappointment.
Great
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Northern ireland19 October 2019
Great supportive culture and a friendly environment. Nice customers. Flexible hours and shifts. Good work and life balance. Great coworkers. 5 stars..
Sales
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Belfast, County Antrim29 August 2019
Had a good time working at Dunnes even though it was a short time. Got experience working again in men's fashion and with the manager.

Helpful, friendly.
Had a good range of products.
Chill place to work as a student, bad management
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bangor18 June 2019
A good position to develop customer service and communication as well as learning about retail and stock management. Think I was unlucky in that I had three managers, two of which were quite unforgiving! Overall a nice company.
busy
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Portadown4 June 2019
Dunnes stores was a good place to work all friendly staff all worked closely as a family, accommodated well as being a student and needing time off to study.
very good
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lisburn, County Down6 May 2019
worked for Dunnes stores for Christmas hours were good staff were friend, hours were worked well for me but you may have to speak with management if current hours were not appropriate they maybe willing to change hours
excellent company
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  County Dublin4 April 2019
Dunne's Stores is a huge retail store
the most enjoyable part of the job was the interaction with customers and all staff members.
i have learnt in this job how the company grows and moves in strength.
Dunne's is a happy and hard working environment with great flexibility in learning all different departments I.E. homeware's, children's wear, lady's wear, men's wear and are branded departments.
a typical day at work consisted off Morning meetings, stock adjustment count's, the merchandising of daily delivery, ordering of S.O.M.S (stock ordering management), displays, customer service, istore ordering, and tills.
the hardest part of the job was the renovations of the store over the past year making the stock levels more difficult to regulate
Pros
discount card, and Christmas bonus
Cons
holiday roistering
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Heywood6 February 2019
Working at Dunnes store was enjoyable. I worked with a really good team who all worked well together. I learnt about all aspects of retail from merchandising, cashier and training new members of the team. I also worked on the customer services and enjoyed this role as well.
Great company
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  County Donegal22 November 2018
Dunnes is a great place to work, you are in the door and assigned either to tills or the floor, both are equally as good to work in.
I have learned how to deal with customers that are sober minded and a lot more to do with Dunnes stores itself.
Management was okay I was constantly being watched by management as was everyone else but as people the management were lovely.
Hardest part of the job would be the rush at christmas but nothing that cannot be handled.
Most enjoyable part of the job is actually talking with customers and being told so many interesting stories as you work.
Pros
Good pay
Great part-time job
Sales Assistant and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Belfast8 November 2018
I worked for Dunne's between 2008 and 2014 whilst I was at school and then university. I had a great manager who was always willing to work around my studies whilst still ensuring I was getting appropriate hours. I had a great time here and due to hard work and determination I was trained up in both customer service and also cash office jobs ensuring I always had a job and hours as there was always something to cover. a typical day would have involved me starting in the cash office at 9 until 1 working on customer service for lunch cover between 1 and 3 and then finishing on the shop floor completing deliveries or stock replenishment and general floor tidying.
Pros
great management if you put in the work
Cons
no opportunity to progress into management
Day 1
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ongar31 October 2018
Typical Dunnes Day at work for me was mainly hard as I was the one that worked on Stockroom and I was mainly using Manual work at that time.
I was starting work at 6a.m to 2pm, the first thing was to tidy up all stockroom from last night people,later on my job was to move around pallets with products,pack them on other pallets,count products that are delivered from new delivers,as I was working on stockroom there was a time where i had to be on floor too to help people.Before that I was working in freeze area,where i had to pack and make lists what we need for next day and order that.
Mainly work and people was very nice but as for me its time to start something different.